Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nate Irving visiting Colts today

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent depth. Doesn't eliminate any draft need, though.

I understand the need for depth at ILB over 16-20 weeks during the course of a season so I can't fault Grigs for getting more reinforcements at this position, but as a INDY fan, I wanna get excited over a new defensive addition on our squad that's relatively young who gets my blood pumping. Nate Irving isn't that guy for me. He's good not game changing to me. JMO. 

I understand the need for depth at ILB over 16-20 weeks during the course of a season so I can't fault Grigs for getting more reinforcements at this position, but as a INDY fan, I wanna get excited over a new defensive addition on our squad that's relatively young who gets my blood pumping. Nate Irving isn't that guy for me. He's good not game changing to me. JMO.

Still got the draft...

I would like the signing for the right price. He is still young with his best ball probably ahead of him. The knee injury wasn't as bad as reported only a partial MCL tear.

We have to get to third down. The TE's that NE and Seattle have aren't going to be covered by many LB's.

Well he made the pro bowl.  That may not say much about the Pro Bowl, but it also apparently doesn't say much about the rest of the ILB's in the league.

I'd say the former. There are lots of good LBs in the league, but fans vote based on tackles and names they recognize. Although I will say it was a bit of a down league for LB play.

I think Irving would be a solid platoon player and could step in if there was an injury. Don't see why he couldn't play and rotate out in more passing situtations and have Freeman play those downs and series. He isn't a fix...more a band aid...but he has experience and would be a quality rotational player. I was surprised Denver didn't bring him back but if Marshall and Trevathan come back and Irving was wanting to start...well that would explain it. That said I'm not sure he would start for us either. I think he just thought he would have a hard time getting on the field in Denver because Ward comes down and plays LB as well in certain packages.

Irving had a very good meeting with the Colts. So I'm guessing he left, I bet he is signed within a week. The Colts also met with LB Eric Kendricks before the draft.

I read hes weighing his options and taking his time....but yeah few who visit the Colts dont eventually sign