Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is your favorite signing so far?

RockThatBlue

Awesome! I live in the SF Bay Area and a close family friend was the CTO of the Forty Niners. He was responsible for designing the IT Infostructure for their new stadium. I was happy to attend many of their games. I even got to see the Colts win at Candlestick.

Back on topic, after the Niner's lost to the Raiders, Gore made some comments:

"Gore is echoing the words of his teammate, noting that it is simply hard to get into a rhythm with the type of offense San Francisco is running. After putting up three straight 1,000-yard seasons, Gore is suddenly splitting carries with rookie Carlos Hyde who is being touted as the future of the position. The 49ers had said they wanted to lower Gore's carries, but the running back is not happy with the 14.8 per game he is averaging.

"It's hard to get in a rhythm," Gore said. "As players, you have to be in a rhythm on the field to be successful. And it's been tough all year to get in a rhythm."

As a whole, the entire offense for the 49ers has struggled this season. Colin Kaepernick is not getting the throws off. Michael Crabtree has been inconsistent. As rumors surround Jim Harbaugh, uncertainty remains for the future of the team. - SportsWorld.com

This report was also discussed on KNBR680 and other outlets which is where I had initially heard about it.

Interesting...figures.  That was the one weekend I was out of town and did not see the game or read any of the aftermath.  I heard it was terrible, but my kids erased the game on the DVR so never saw it and never saw those comments from Gore...as I came back mid-week. Funny he'ld be complaining about 15 carries per game because over a season (240) is not far off what Gore normally does.  Have to imagine the whole team was pretty demoralized by the lost as it basically sealed their fate for the playoffs.

BTW, the new IT infrastructure at Levy's is great.  So much better than AT&T...go figure.  But, my seats are on the sunny side and it was brutal in September.  :sweating:

Little Blue. He's no Blue, or Big Inflatable Blue, but he's a solid back-up, reasonably cheap, and can be cut free without any significant impact on the cap.

I've also heard he spends a lot of time in the exercise yard, eats healthily and posted a 2.6 at the combine for the 40m gallop.

I'm excited to have him. He's not elite like Sea Biscuit or Secretariate, but he'll do nicely all the same.

BHC, Bleacher Report.

are the Langford posts some sort of forum inside joke?  I don't get what's to be excited about with an average player.

as for me, I'd say Andre Johnson.  I was not comfortable with just Hilton-Moncrief-Carter.  Johnson will make things easier for the offense as a whole.. plus now we don't have to face him.

are the Langford posts some sort of forum inside joke? I don't get what's to be excited about with an average player.

as for me, I'd say Andre Johnson. I was not comfortable with just Hilton-Moncrief-Carter. Johnson will make things easier for the offense as a whole.. plus now we don't have to face him.

Langford was pretty good playing in a 3-4. So I can see the excitement

Gore. If Gore plays like he did in San Fran our offense is going to be so hard to defend. The threat of the run will open up so much more for Luck in the passing game. A true difference maker at RB was a true need. I'm really looking forward to seeing the offense next year with Gore running the ball.

I would have to say Andre Johnson.  Coming from a division foe, I have seen him play a lot.  The others not so much.  Does the Canadian League guy really have a shot?

By that logic, we shouldnt have bothered with Freeman then either?... He has had some exceptional games for us, as well as a few bad ones, but mostly he has been solid for us. Really he is a GREAT passing downs ILB, but due to necessity, for the last few years he has been plugged in on running downs as well because we haven't had anyone else. Used properly on passing downs, he will be great.

Defense: Due to our obvious ineptitude against the run, I love the Cole/Langford/Irving trifecta.

Offense: I really like the potential upside that Duron Carter brings to the table, that along with his next-to-nothing contract. If he can make the 53-man roster and be even slightly productive in the regular season (like 3 TDs or so), he will end up being an absolute steal.

I have mixed feelings about all of the signings, but here is my analysis:

Gore:  If he isn't slowing down, he is probably the best signing, however, I do feel he wont be the same Frank Gore all of you know.  He is a good pass blocker, which is much needed in our system.  One big factor is the offensive line.  I think the G position has been upgraded but I'm anxious to see if it's really that big of an improvement.

Herremans:  If he is playing at a high level I see him helping out our line ALOT, but we must wait to see.  His age is getting up there though.

Johnson:  I don't see Johnson getting more than 60 receptions and piling in the yards like he use to, but I think the best part of this singning is the effect it will have on the rest of the team.  We still have a veteran presence at WR with Reggie gone, and the young guns Moncrief and Carter will benefit tremendously in their growth as WR's.  I see Johnson playing the #2 or #3 role, depending on Moncrief's maturation.

Cole:  I like the intent, but not a huge fan of the signing, considering the money spent.  Hopefully with Mathis back and a stronger line up front, we will have a good pass rush again.

Langford:  I think he will fit in very well with our front 3 and will make the job of the LB's alot easier, hence they will also be more effective.

Carter: For the money, I think it was a great signing!  If he sticks around long enough, I could see him Moncrief and TY being the best receiving corp in the NFL (by far) after Johnson retires.  As of now he will be the #4 WR, but I'm sure he will have another role on ST's which he can make an impact.

Irving: He will most likely start as depth (if Freeman comes back), but I look for him to be a starter by the end of the year. He is all around a solid LB, but will definitely help stopping the run. If Freeman doesn't resign, this will help ease the pain.

Re-sign

Butler & Adams:  These were very important deals to get done, because we would have no starting S if Adams was gone, and Butler is one of the best #3 CB's in the league, IMO.

Defense: Due to our obvious ineptitude against the run, I love the Cole/Langford/Irving trifecta.

Offense: I really like the potential upside that Duron Carter brings to the table, that along with his next-to-nothing contract. If he can make the 53-man roster and be even slightly productive in the regular season (like 3 TDs or so), he will end up being an absolute steal.

i guarantee he makes the 53 man roster.  not to sound like a know it all, but he can play, and we only have 4 WRs total.  i see him playing a role like moncrief did last year.  maybe a little less than that now that AJ is here.

he was brought in for the future mostly though.