Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bernard Pollard [Merge]

Yeah sure, as long as we draft a FS who can cover. Either Cody Prewitt or Derron Smith would pair nicely with Pollard. Every contending team needs a player or two like Pollard. A hard hitting, rough player who intimidates opponents. Pollard has a nice all around game and I'm pretty sure he's from somewhere in Indiana.

Yeah sure, as long as we draft a FS who can cover. Either Cody Prewitt or Derron Smith would pair nicely with Pollard. Every contending team needs a player or two like Pollard. A hard hitting, rough player who intimidates opponents. Pollard has a nice all around game and I'm pretty sure he's from somewhere in Indiana.

Thanks for the info. We definitely need something better than Landry. I always remember hearing Pollard's name come up while the Titans were defending. He could be a good vet/leader for the defense in the middle of the field.

Let Landry go keep Adams n Brown they are both good n Brown did good against Gronk in 1st match, we need 2 get at the QB n plug the run, Suh is aggressive n will make guys on D-line better, let Redding retire n keep everyone else, also let Ahmad go n bring in AP or Beastmode if available

Edited by 21isSuperman

Let Landry go keep Adams n Brown they are both good n Brown did good against Gronk in 1st match, we need 2 get at the QB n plug the run, Suh is aggressive n will make guys on D-line better, let Redding retire n keep everyone else, also let Ahmad go n bring in AP or Beastmode if available

Great idea

Seriously Pollard is coming off a ruptured Achilles I believe I would stay away.

We can get another year out of Adams he knows the system seems to be a great fit. We need to address the future of the position for sure. I would love to see Landry go this site says a post June 1st cut is only 1.75 M in dead money. I would send him walking if we can bring someone else in.  We need a make over on D to get where we want to go 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/laron-landry/.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to say this again, We need guys like him (not necessarily Pollard himself) but we need tough, hardnosed, hard hitting, in your face, smash mouth type players whose going to knock your lights out then tell you about it. Our defense is missing that mean streak.

There's more!

wes-welker-injury-1185ed19e0646464_large

gronkowski.jpg

I don't want Pollard.  I think he's a bit of a dirty/bigmouth player.  I'd rather look to draft someone younger, or even pick up Ibraheim Campbell as an undrafted rookie if he gets there

If we sign Pollard and Finnegan we can have the all-loud mouth team.

I like Pollard and his hard hitting playing style. Definitely could help us for a year or two while we try to find a younger replacement.

Haven't ever heard anything about him being dirty or a dirty player. Obviously wouldn't be my 1st choice but would make me feel better about the position none the less.

Mccourty and pollard would be awesome, but all signs point to resigning mike adams

Yeah reports are that Adams wants to come back and that the Colts want him back.  I like him but he is more of a stop gap not a long term solution.  McCourty is 27 and could really solidify that position for a few years while at a same time dealing a blow to the Pats defense. 

I wonder what would happen if he signed with NE...no contact allowed with him in practice, he'd prolly wear a red jersey like the quarterback.

I wanted Pollard back a couple of seasons ago when he was available. Between him and Browner, they would be the black and blue secondary for sure. lol.