Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If he comes back (for cheap) he can be deep in the RB rotation behind Gore and Boom for most of the season. Give him plenty of time to recover and then have him be #2 much later in the season as we hopefully approach the playoffs.

Frank Gore's still got 2 more good, 1,000yrd seasons left in him. Plus, when my boy Vick Ballard comes back with a vengeance, he and Gore will make a really good 1-2 punch. Then Boom's here too, so I don't think Bradshaw's coming back personally. Maybe we can hide Tipton on the P.S. for a minute too.

Bring him back?  After signing Gore?  Why?

When was the last time all of our RBs were there by the end of the season?  Bradshaw would be great depth if we could get him at the right price.

It would be to his advantage to only play a couple series each game.  Then maybe he'd be healthy by playoff time for once.

depth?

When was the last time all of our RBs were there by the end of the season?  Bradshaw would be great depth if we could get him at the right price.

It would be to his advantage to only play a couple series each game.  Then maybe he'd be healthy by playoff time for once.

Do you think he would accept vet min?  I think RB depth can be found in the draft and UDFA.  And when we have a guy who has been able to stay pretty healthy in his career in Frank Gore, I don't think we need to have an expensive backup.  I'd be pretty comfortable with Gore starting and Boom as the backup.  Then Tipton or some late round pick as the 3rd guy

Do you think he would accept vet min? I think RB depth can be found in the draft and UDFA. And when we have a guy who has been able to stay pretty healthy in his career in Frank Gore, I don't think we need to have an expensive backup. I'd be pretty comfortable with Gore starting and Boom as the backup. Then Tipton or some late round pick as the 3rd guy

I'm not sure what he is looking for. But if he's willing to take what he took last year I think it would be worth it

I'd bring him back on the same deal as last year.

But he'd be a depth guy because we're also going to draft a RB as well.

And I'm not sure that's what Ahmad wants.....   He may want reassurance of more touches/opportunities....

But,  If he's willing to come back,  then I'm willing to bring him back.....   on our terms.

Do you think he would accept vet min?  I think RB depth can be found in the draft and UDFA.  And when we have a guy who has been able to stay pretty healthy in his career in Frank Gore, I don't think we need to have an expensive backup.  I'd be pretty comfortable with Gore starting and Boom as the backup.  Then Tipton or some late round pick as the 3rd guy

I don't know if he'd take vet min.  Maybe if he thinks it's his last shot at the SB?  I'm also comfortable with Gore and Boom, but if Vick is healthy he should be able to beat our Tipton.

Yes, there's a lot of RBs out there a lot cheaper than Bradshaw, but not many with his talent. 

If he comes back (for cheap) he can be deep in the RB rotation behind Gore and Boom for most of the season. Give him plenty of time to recover and then have him be #2 much later in the season as we hopefully approach the playoffs.

This is what I'm thinking....for the right price....he is such an asset when healthy....so if you can use him sparingly during the regular season and then unleash him in the playoffs that would be amazing. In a perfect world....haha

depth?

IR does not = Depth to me. Time to cut our losses & move on. Thank you for your services Bradshaw, but we have a new work horse back now.

INDY got the most out of him given his foot ailments. No sense in playing with fire & getting burned in the end. Draft a new RB with fresh legs. 

IR does not = Depth to me. Time to cut our losses & move on. Thank you for your services Bradshaw, but we have a new work horse back now.

INDY got the most out of him given his foot ailments. No sense in playing with fire & getting burned in the end. Draft a new RB with fresh legs. 

Yeah, SW, last year I even joked about the over/under on how many games he'd play.  I think we settled on 8.

But the thing is, when he's playing he's really good.  We're not going to find a UDFA or even a drafted rookie that will be as good as him.  And I'm talking about knowing the pass protection schemes and catching the ball, as well as running.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to give him big money.  But if he's available at our price, I think it's a no brainer.

Frank Gore's still got 2 more good, 1,000yrd seasons left in him. Plus, when my boy Vick Ballard comes back with a vengeance, he and Gore will make a really good 1-2 punch. Then Boom's here too, so I don't think Bradshaw's coming back personally. Maybe we can hide Tipton on the P.S. for a minute too.

:lol:

The RB who's been injured twice off of non-contact injuries is the RB you're relying on?

To be fair, the Bradshaw that got injured last year was not the usual injury-prone Bradshaw. He was the "a huge man fell on my leg" Bradshaw. That could have happened to anyone unlucky enough to be in that position.

If he can be gotten for the same as last year +/- a little then I'd like to see him back. A committee approach with another successful RB like Gore could be good for Bradshaw. Keep both of them fresh and healthy.

:lol:

The RB who's been injured twice off of non-contact injuries is the RB you're relying on?

LOL. Ballard? He wasn't bad his rookie year. Its going to be tough, but its not impossible for him to make it all the way back. I just have a feeling he will.

Frank Gore's still got 2 more good, 1,000yrd seasons left in him. Plus, when my boy Vick Ballard comes back with a vengeance, he and Gore will make a really good 1-2 punch. Then Boom's here too, so I don't think Bradshaw's coming back personally. Maybe we can hide Tipton on the P.S. for a minute too.

I'm not sure what you think you remember about Ballard other than the astonishing TD against the Titans. The 2 years he played he averaged 3.9 ypc. Bradshaw has averaged, 4.5 and 4.7. I'll take that every time. Not to mention his receiving skills and pass blocking. Gore/Bradshaw/Boom.