Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Could Never Happen to the Colts! Right?

Smonroe

I don't like any of the signings because the players are too old, but the difference is the Falcons have played in a tough division with great QBs. The Colts play in the easiest division so they'll win it by default. The signings of Gore(32), Johnson (34), and Cole (33)

doesn't make the team better then the Patriots.

It's not just those players but Adams is 33, Mathis(34), Jackson(33), Toler(30), and Walden is 30. We're one of the oldest teams in the league. Grigson should have went after Knighton, Maclin, Franklin.

I don't like any of the signings because the players are too old, but the difference is the Falcons have played in a tough division with great QBs. The Colts play in the easiest division so they'll win it by default. The signings of Gore(32), Johnson (34), and Cole (33)

doesn't make the team better then the Patriots.

It's not just those players but Adams is 33, Mathis(34), Jackson(33), Toler(30), and Walden is 30. We're one of the oldest teams in the league. Grigson should have went after Knighton, Maclin, Franklin.

You have every right to think that way. I don't necessarily agree and neither of us know if Grigs did go after those guys or if our signings will indeed make the team better than the Pats. But we're not done, nor are the Pats. We'll both be different teams next time we play.

For a good independent view of the Colts moves so far, check out the Jason La Canfora article. He also never liked our previous moves.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25104202/why-the-colts-signing-proven-old-guys-isnt-dumb-in-the-short-term

The Falcons tore apart there O-Line, got an old Steve Jackson, who was broken a lot, & got ride of I believe a good pass rusher. I think they started drinking their own cool aid. Honestly I thought they were overrated myself! So to make a long story short no the Colts are a better team then they were or are!

Most of the core of our team from last year is still around.  This is an attempt to get us over the hump but even if it doesn't we still have the personnel to at least get close to the hump again.  

Plus we really didn't sell out on any FA's.  

The Falcons tore apart there O-Line, got an old Steve Jackson, who was broken a lot, & got ride of I believe a good pass rusher. I think they started drinking their own cool aid. Honestly I thought they were overrated myself! So to make a long story short no the Colts are a better team then they were or are!

I was just using the Falcons as an example of a season of great hope and ultimate disappointment.  The thread was really a "Let's slow our roll on the SB talk just yet".  A lot of people we're thinking we're in it.  How many times have you read "SuperBowl or Bust!" in this forum?

I'm pretty sure we all know that anything can happen in the NFL.  But as someone pointed out earlier, our team seems to be able to handle the injuries pretty well.  We were cursed in 2013 and still won a playoff game.  I don't think many teams could have lost that many starters and still even had a winning record.

I was just using the Falcons as an example of a season of great hope and ultimate disappointment.  The thread was really a "Let's slow our roll on the SB talk just yet".  A lot of people we're thinking we're in it.  How many times have you read "SuperBowl or Bust!" in this forum?

I'm pretty sure we all know that anything can happen in the NFL.  But as someone pointed out earlier, our team seems to be able to handle the injuries pretty well.  We were cursed in 2013 and still won a playoff game.  I don't think many teams could have lost that many starters and still even had a winning record.

The beauty is, we as fans can sit up here and play Armchair QB. The city of Indianapolis wants a winner.

Oh I hear you. I personally don't like all the Super bowl talk and what not. First only 1 team wins the Super bowl To do so things have to go extraordinarily right. Second usually teams with all that hype FAIL miserable! Third I am still seeing a defense that can't stop the run! Period we don't fix that the Colts will come up short again! The D & Oline must play well and improve! Until we can beat up the bully & smack him in the head to get some respect, in this case NE, we will continue with our twice a year butt whippings from them IMO!

Oh I hear you. I personally don't like all the Super bowl talk and what not. First only 1 team wins the Super bowl To do so things have to go extraordinarily right. Second usually teams with all that hype FAIL miserable! Third I am still seeing a defense that can't stop the run! Period we don't fix that the Colts will come up short again! The D & Oline must play well and improve! Until we can beat up the bully & smack him in the head to get some respect, in this case NE, we will continue with our twice a year butt whippings from them IMO!

Ultimately, it's always about the match ups. I firmly believe that if the Ravens would have held on and beat the Pats, like they should have, we would have beaten them in Indy.

Who knows how we would have done in the SB then. So yeah, they have our number, but it's a long season. And just as things could happen to us, things could also happen to them to derail them. Then, maybe we don't have that matchup.

Going to be fun, as always!

Ultimately, it's always about the match ups. I firmly believe that if the Ravens would have held on and beat the Pats, like they should have, we would have beaten them in Indy.

Who knows how we would have done in the SB then. So yeah, they have our number, but it's a long season. And just as things could happen to us, things could also happen to them to derail them. Then, maybe we don't have that matchup.

Going to be fun, as always!

Agree for whatever reason we match up better with Baltimore not NE & Baltimore always plays NE tough?