Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the latest on knighton [Merge]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely ridiculous that we didn't put in an offer since that's all he got. All the guy does is shut down the run, and give more interior rush than you'd think is possible for a 350 lb man. Well I guess a guy being a little fat in the offseason is good enough reason not to sign him. 

Can't wait to see Kendall Langford tear it up this year.

Absolutely ridiculous that we didn't put in an offer since that's all he got. All the guy does is shut down the run, and give more interior rush than you'd think is possible for a 350 lb man. Well I guess a guy being a little fat in the offseason is good enough reason not to sign him. 

Can't wait to see Kendall Langford tear it up this year.

Yes he is so good and shuts down the run and gets a good pass rush, yet hardly anyone wanted him...

Yes he is so good and shuts down the run and gets a good pass rush, yet hardly anyone wanted him...

Yeah, I forgot about how no player has ever been underpaid in free agency and gone on to outperform his contract. Never happens. Just like no player has ever been overpaid either. Every GM/scout in the NFL is flawless and above reproach. 

I mean seriously, did you ever watch Denver's defense? The guy was the biggest reason they were so good at run defense. It sure as hell wasn't Derek Wolfe or Sylvester Williams. It sounds to me like teams did want him based on his ability, but they were turned off by the fact that he was too fat. Go ahead and keep wearing your rose colored glasses; Ryan Grigson never makes a mistake. The guy who built the Niners and Seahawks into Super Bowl teams must be the * for signing him.

Man, I thought about making a thread about this very issue yesterday and suggesting this. And a lot of times the threads 10 pages long. Like this one for example, it says "latest on Knighton etc", some people aren't going to look through all that to see what's happened. Or they wont know a player has signed because they expect a new thread saying so. I think if something big happens, like a signing or trade, it deserves its very own thread. I agree with you 100%.

I agree some of those mega merge threads are not even on topic anymore, and have 3 or 4 different conversations going not even on topic. 

Yeah, I forgot about how no player has ever been underpaid in free agency and gone on to outperform his contract. Never happens. Just like no player has ever been overpaid either. Every GM/scout in the NFL is flawless and above reproach.

I mean seriously, did you ever watch Denver's defense? The guy was the biggest reason they were so good at run defense. It sure as hell wasn't Derek Wolfe or Sylvester Williams. It sounds to me like teams did want him based on his ability, but they were turned off by the fact that he was too fat. Go ahead and keep wearing your rose colored glasses; Ryan Grigson never makes a mistake. The guy who built the Niners and Seahawks into Super Bowl teams must be the * for signing him.

Elway didn't want him. That should tell you something. NFL people clearly know something about him that we don't

Yes he was so good for Denver, yet Denver didn't want him? Grigson can make mistakes yes, but it annoys me when fans criticize not going after a player they like when Grigson has watched more film than any of us, and you guys criticize everything before a snap is even played. 

Yes he was so good for Denver, yet Denver didn't want him? Grigson can make mistakes yes, but it annoys me when fans criticize not going after a player they like when Grigson has watched more film than any of us, and you guys criticize everything before a snap is even played. 

Sorry for my criticism, but I guess I just wouldn't mind beating New England this year. Oh well, maybe getting gashed for 200 yards a fifth time will teach him.

Explain why his best offer was 1 year 4 million?

I'd say because he's sort of one dimensional, and it's a little concerning that he carries so much weight all the time. Might be thinking that his weight will be problematic if he has to play a majority of snaps. For a guy that's pushing 30, only plays 50% of snaps, is somewhat one dimensional, and is probably in the high 300's as far as weight, I wouldn't have thought he'd be getting a long term, $8m a year kind of contract. I just wanted him to come here, play nose tackle for the next couple years, and help us get over the New England hump. I've watched every Denver game for the last couple years, Knighton is one of the best in the business.

Explain why his best offer was 1 year 4 million?

I don't know why,  but I'd like to hear from Grigson why we couldn't do better than that?

Does he feel confident we'll get someone else?

Does he feel confident that Chapman is the answer?    Or Kerr?

Between losing Williams and Knighton (and still waiting on Wilfork)  something feels not right.....

I'd say because he's sort of one dimensional, and it's a little concerning that he carries so much weight all the time. Might be thinking that his weight will be problematic if he has to play a majority of snaps. For a guy that's pushing 30, only plays 50% of snaps, is somewhat one dimensional, and is probably in the high 300's as far as weight, I wouldn't have thought he'd be getting a long term, $8m a year kind of contract. I just wanted him to come here, play nose tackle for the next couple years, and help us get over the New England hump. I've watched every Denver game for the last couple years, Knighton is one of the best in the business.

He didn't play nose in Denver

I don't know why,  but I'd like to hear from Grigson why we couldn't do better than that?

Does he feel confident that Chapman is the answer?    Or Kerr?

Between losing Williams and Knighton (and still waiting on Wilfork)  something feels not right.....

I feel like there is some sort of trade in the works. I could be wrong. 

I don't know why, but I'd like to hear from Grigson why we couldn't do better than that?

Does he feel confident that Chapman is the answer? Or Kerr?

Between losing Williams and Knighton (and still waiting on Wilfork) something feels not right.....

one GM offered 1 year 4 million. 31 other GMs chose to not better that. They have to know something we don't

one GM offered 1 year 4 million. 31 other GMs chose to not better that. They have to know something we don't

Not nessessarily true. He is a Washington guy isn't he? Although he can't have been offered too much more. If i was a loger contract I'd say it's a project he wants to be part of there.