Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the latest on knighton [Merge]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"With the first wave of free agents off the board, clarity is emerging for the next tier. Terrance Knighton continues to mull his options. The defensive tackle enjoyed a good visit with Washington Redskins officials on Wednesday night, including talking with coaches".

Last season, Knighton received praise from former defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio for his sound technique and leadership. Knighton served as one of the Broncos’ team captains in 2014, an honor bestowed by teammates.

http://blogs.denverp...oes-well/32890/

If he was out of shape I have doubts the visit would have went well.  I'm not sure what to believe, but I just doubt he would have went on FA visits at his worst. Someone who was named a team captain during the season and praised by the coach for LEADERSHIP.  I think the claims that have been shot out about him are bogus. 

The deal is 1 year for $4 million per Josina Anderson.

:console:

Aside from the melodrama of fans who wanted him, that's about right for a guy who last year played less than half of his teams defensive snaps and was continually fined for being overweight. The Redskins probably also leaked the report of him being out of shape to scare off other suitors. Maybe this will be a wake up call and he'll actually put it together for the Redskins.

Meh. Dont rally get the obsession with Knighton.

Also, maybe Grigson and co. just doesn't like Knighton in our defense, concerns about his weight etc. I think they have their eyes set on someone else, or they what to upgrade the defensive line and get younger through early round draft picks.

I'm okay with this. As I said before, I would rather pay less for Wilfork or Raji. 

Seems like I have read a couple of different places that not only has Raji's skill declined, but that he seems "unmotivated" <<<< That's not the actual quote; I can't remember exactly how they phrased it, but it was something to that effect.

Seems like I have read a couple of different places that not only has Raji's skill declined, but that he seems "unmotivated" <<<< That's not the actual quote; I can't remember exactly how they phrased it, but it was something to that effect.

That's been the story for two years. I'm really not interested in Raji.

Would have taken Knighton for one year, $4m, though. I can't imagine that's the real contract...

Would have taken Knighton for one year, $4m, though. I can't imagine that's the real contract...

I agree, you got to think Grigson has something up his sleeve, surely he is not going to go into the draft with this many ???s still.

Another strikeout by Grigson. I mean yeah, he's made some good moves, but why could we not land Knighton? Especially with the price being so low. He's stud DT, and we could have offered 1/6 or something if nothing else. Dumb is the only word to describe this. So lets hope for Wilfork or Fairley now I guess. Personally I'm hoping we can pull off something major like trading for Cameron Jordan.

I think not allowing people to make new topics because we already have a topic on that player is unwise. I'm not gonna scroll through a long thread for the latest when someone can just make a thread with where they signed.

Another strikeout by Grigson. I mean yeah, he's made some good moves, but why could we not land Knighton? Especially with the price being so low. He's stud DT, and we could have offered 1/6 or something if nothing else. Dumb is the only word to describe this. So lets hope for Wilfork or Fairley now I guess. Personally I'm hoping we can pull off something major like trading for Cameron Jordan.

Maybe Pot Roast didn't want to play here.

Really, you seriously think so? Even after the RG3 disaster?

Edit: Never mind, they got a new GM didn't they.

joke? Edit- Ah, they got a new one

No

He has only been a GM for two months

He built both the San Fran and Seattle Super Bowl teams. Only reason this is his first GM job is because he's a raging alcoholic. 

That's what I'm seeing .. 1 year 4 mill. If true the weight issue must have been a real issue

I think not allowing people to make new topics because we already have a topic on that player is unwise. I'm not gonna scroll through a long thread for the latest when someone can just make a thread with where they signed.

Man, I thought about making a thread about this very issue yesterday and suggesting this. And a lot of times the threads 10 pages long. Like this one for example, it says "latest on Knighton etc", some people aren't going to look through all that to see what's happened. Or they wont know a player has signed because they expect a new thread saying so. I think if something big happens, like a signing or trade, it deserves its very own thread. I agree with you 100%.