Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All FA Concerns/Gripes/Complaints (Mega Merge)

Dark Superman

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the players theyre targeting havent been released yyet.....Johnson and Ngata

You can't target a player that hasn't been released yet. Any type of communication with them would be considered tampering.

Which means any reports that the Colts are interested in Johnson or Ngata is just speculation to create FA chatter

You can't target a player that hasn't been released yet. Any type of communication with them would be considered tampering.

Which means any reports that the Colts are interested in Johnson or Ngata is just speculation to create FA chatter

Colts have been "reported" to be interested in several players; meanwhile all have been reported in last 2 days to have drifted away and have either resigned (McCourty) or be on their way to another team, with deal waiting only for Tuesday.   Surprise this off season is the Colts lack of signing any real surprises!

I'm thinking he would just be a rotational player not a starter. If he's cheap that's fine. I don't want him as a starter.

Neither do I,  but I feel like if Grigson signs him, he'll be content with him and Jones as the starters next year. 

Neither do I,  but I feel like if Grigson signs him, he'll be content with him and Jones as the starters next year. 

I'm still thinking/hoping Wilfork, Ngata (if he is ever released), or Fairley or some combination will be signed. Also the 49ers are releasing a "key player" today. Fingers crossed for Patrick Willis. Gosh now people are going to think my hope is a rumor and it's going to happen....

missed out on Suh, get ready to get trampled by blount again. another free agency failure for grigson

To be fair, the Dolphins offered him more than what the Colts could have even if they wanted to.

-Warm weather

-No state income tax

-A top-tier QB type of contract (The Dolphins will regret doing this when it the time comes for them to work out a contract with Tannehill.)

missed out on Suh, get ready to get trampled by blount again. another free agency failure for grigson

Yup, epic failure.  :facepalm:  Glass half empty?

FA hasn't even started yet. Grigs always surprises us with some picks. Why throw big money at undeserving players, e.g. McPhee deal

110mm..... I don't think so, he can have Miami, and take his suspensions there

I would GLADLY risk the chance for a suspension to not get run over by blount again. seriously, you act like he gets suspended all the time. He had a two game suspension four years ago. I would take that in a heartbeat. We have enough guys getting suspended this year like Walden, Mathis, Landry on top of other players like McNary, both Jacksons, and Bradshaw getting arrested and I don't see anybody saying they don't want them (at least not all of them).

Missed out on shelling out $60 million guaranteed? I'm leaning more towards we dodged a bullet.

Respectfully disagree. We could afford it as Superman showed us (http://forums.colts.com/topic/36360-multiple-league-sources-expect-colts-to-make-strong-push-for-ndamakung-suh/page-6). Best defensive free agent of this generation in a spot we need during a time when the window will never be as wide open as it is now. In a few years when we are paying all our guys we are going to look back with regret the same way the Cleveland Cavs did in 2010 that they didn't take advantage of their window.

Look at the money Suh got then factor in how much money Luck is going to get. That would be nearly a third of our cap money in two players. That's why the Colts didn't sign Suh. One player doesn't make a defense.

I'm perfectly fine not going after any bigger named free agents. Hopefully Grigson learned his lesson not to overpay for free agents and is signing mid tier players for cheaper contracts and building through the draft.

At WR, I think the Colts should just use the draft.   

I don't understand why they couldn't offer Wayne a 1 or 2 year deal.    It wouldn't have to be big money.

you could but then the Colts would be extremely young and unproven at WR with Hilton being the "old man" entering his fourth season still on his rookie deal, Moncrief going into his second season and two rookies in Carter and whoever they draft. That's a bit of a gamble.

Free agency hasn't even begun. Smh

Yet somehow all the big names made deals during the "tampering" period. If Suh leaves the Lions it will be because we overpay him. That's what FA is. If we are going to overpay at least have it be a game changer.

I'm perfectly fine not going after any bigger named free agents. Hopefully Grigson learned his lesson not to overpay for free agents and is signing mid tier players for cheaper contracts and building through the draft.

The problem is not that he overpayed for free agents, he overpayed for mediocre talent in free agency last time. You could argue at this point that he may be getting ready to do the exact same thing this go around considering the guys that are left. 

Look at the money Suh got then factor in how much money Luck is going to get. That would be nearly a third of our cap money in two players. That's why the Colts didn't sign Suh. One player doesn't make a defense.

One player on D can fix a lot around the defense. Superman showed us our cap management and it wouldn't hinder us. It would just be a lot of cap space on a constantly growing cap that Grigson has rolled over and managed greatly. I'm traveling for the Miami/Indy game this year and will get to see first hand our mistake.

There hasn't been an appeal reported. And how would he file an appeal if he wasn't cut yet? 

Doesn't he have to be cut first for this?

It is an appeal of his suspension, and the loss of salary resulting. If he argues that we wrongly suspended him and a judge agrees and overturns the suspension and loss of salary, that also takes away our ability to get out from under him freely. 

I'm pretty sure I read on PFT last month that there was some kind of appeal or grievance filed, or coming. 

I would GLADLY risk the chance for a suspension to not get run over by blount again. seriously, you act like he gets suspended all the time. He had a two game suspension four years ago. I would take that in a heartbeat. We have enough guys getting suspended this year like Walden, Mathis, Landry on top of other players like McNary, both Jacksons, and Bradshaw getting arrested and I don't see anybody saying they don't want them (at least not all of them).

The main point he is way too expensive.....

Respectfully disagree. We could afford it as Superman showed us (http://forums.colts.com/topic/36360-multiple-league-sources-expect-colts-to-make-strong-push-for-ndamakung-suh/page-6). Best defensive free agent of this generation in a spot we need during a time when the window will never be as wide open as it is now. In a few years when we are paying all our guys we are going to look back with regret the same way the Cleveland Cavs did in 2010 that they didn't take advantage of their window.

You actually think he's gonna live up to that $60 million? The dude's a well-documented head case, and I'm guessing he goes on cruise control now that he's had his payday. And comparing him to Lebron James? C'mon now.

You actually think he's gonna live up to that $60 million? The dude's a well-documented head case, and I'm guessing he goes on cruise control now that he's had his payday. And comparing him to Lebron James? C'mon now.

I'm comparing how we think because we have a top QB at the best price we have a window open to win right now, similar to when Cleveland had the best player in Lebron thinking they would eventually have to win ONE with him. Nothing to do with Suh. Just saying in retrospect we don't want the window to close without a championship like this Denver group and the Niners group and even the small Jets window from 2009-2010.

I'm still thinking/hoping Wilfork, Ngata (if he is ever released), or Fairley or some combination will be signed. Also the 49ers are releasing a "key player" today. Fingers crossed for Patrick Willis. Gosh now people are going to think my hope is a rumor and it's going to happen....

Willis is going to announce his retirement tuesday, i dont know if this is separate from the key player or not

The Colts made a good choice by not signing Suh.   That's too much money for one guy on defense  or offense other than QB.    Too much risk in my opinion.    It's good that the Colts learned from Redskin mistakes of the past.   The Colts need so much more on defense.  Now if they don't spend that Suh money on other defenders, I'll scratch my head.