Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Would Polian(S) Gut Team And Get Fired?

unitaswestand

I read all this speculation that the Colts will cut Peyton Manning, gut the team, draft Luck, and start over again. I am not sure why Bill or Chris Polian would want to do that. I doubt they would last long enough to see the next wave of success. One bad year is one thing, but gutting the team would take at least 2-3 years to be good again.

On the other hand, Manning is pretty much a sure thing. Add a couple of free agents and a good draft, and the Colts are right back in contention.

So, if you are Bill Polian, you are close to retirement, and you are handing the team to your son, do you want to start him off with 2-3 years of being bad??

I expect Manning back and Luck if we have the #1 pick. Getting rid of Manning just makes no sense to me, unless he physically just can't play and has to retire.

There is absolutely no reason to gut the team. The veterans provide leadership, why take that away? With Manning, the team runs at its finest and the defense can play the way they were built to. Why gut the team when, with Peyton back, we are back to being one of the better teams in the league?

There is absolutely no reason to gut the team. The veterans provide leadership, why take that away? With Manning, the team runs at its finest and the defense can play the way they were built to. Why gut the team when, with Peyton back, we are back to being one of the better teams in the league?

If Manning can't came come back or doesn't come back that would be the only reason. The logic there being that by the time Luck was "ready" those guys would be on their last legs and wouldn't be able to help him win.

If Manning can't came come back or doesn't come back that would be the only reason. The logic there being that by the time Luck was "ready" those guys would be on their last legs and wouldn't be able to help him win.

Most people say Luck is "ready" now, and I don't think guys like Freeney or Mathis or Wayne are on their last legs. They still have a few years left in them.

Most people say Luck is "ready" now, and I don't think guys like Freeney or Mathis or Wayne are on their last legs. They still have a few years left in them.

When I say ready I mean prime.

Freeney isn't really an issue he's going to be here next year any way you cut it.

Mathis is probably less dependent on Manning and more dependent on what we do with the defense this off-season.

Wayne and Saturday have a chance to come back if we have Manning next season. If we don't have Manning and you say it takes Luck two to three years to hit his prime both of them are probably going to be done by then if not done probably not the pro-bowl players they were.

This teams not gutted already?

We have 2nd rate players at nearly every position.

And the reason they won't 'gut it' even more, is because that would imply failure, and thats something a Polian cant handle.

What is this 'veteran leadership' you guys are talking about?!?!? And who is bringing it to the team!?!?

Were very very young on D, so we only need to improve on corner and DT and maybe saftey. you can always get a good corner and saftey late in the draft, and we already have drake nevis. and on O we have young guys like collie, garcon, and even blair white to build around, we have two pretty young running backs, two young tackles we drafted, so we have a young team in place to build around and to take the spots of guys like wayne when the time comes. so a 'gt' of the team, is not needed.

They should already be fired. They made this team that already looks like it's been gutted.

Should the Bears GM be fired because their QB and RB went down and didn't prepare for that and since that happening the Bears have played worse football then the Colts?