Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in the mix for Antrel Rolle. Update: Rolle signs with Bears.

Rolle's good in coverage, but he's still on the decline. I think I'd rather draft a Safety. I'm worried about our defense being so old. We need young playmakers. So Grigs better make this draft count. Maybe we'll get lucky like Seattle and hit big on a bunch of mid rounders too.

Would like to see a 1 or 2 year deal for him...shouldnt be to pricey

draft a promising ball hawking safety....have him sit a year or two with dewey behind rolle and adams and develop together then take over when both have retired.

what happened to howell???

Edited by 21isSuperman

Rolle's good in coverage, but he's still on the decline. I think I'd rather draft a Safety. I'm worried about our defense being so old. We need young playmakers. So Grigs better make this draft count. Maybe we'll get lucky like Seattle and hit big on a bunch of mid rounders too.

Signing another safety -- any FA safety -- doesn't mean we won't also draft one.

I'm expecting the Colts to take a safety in the draft.    The only question is what round?

No question we're gonna draft someone. This would be a veteran presence until the youth is ready.

Cole, Herremans, Gore, Johnson, Langford combine for less guaranteed money than Torrey Smith+Byron Maxwell.

Im confident that a Rolle signing and/or Wilfork signing will be worth it.

Also, getting Rolle and/or Wilfork will really put us in an even better position in terms of drafting Best Player Available.

Just thinking unrealistically out loud here...

IF having Gore potentially helped helped get AJ, would it be worth signing Rolle IF we knew it would help sway Wilfork to come here to do the whole "UM reunion tour" thing?

haha

Would the Colts even have enough $$$ to potentially even sign Rolle let alone Wilfork as well??   That was just be going ultra crazy with former Miami Hurricanes lol..  Indianapolis Hurricanes, not sure if it really has a ring to it. 

None the less a lot of people don't seem to think Rolle is good anymore but isn't he always around the ball, the guy seemed to have a great season in 2013.

Would the Colts even have enough $$$ to potentially even sign Rolle let alone Wilfork as well??   That was just be going ultra crazy with former Miami Hurricanes lol..  Indianapolis Hurricanes, not sure if it really has a ring to it. 

None the less a lot of people don't seem to think Rolle is good anymore but isn't he always around the ball, the guy seemed to have a great season in 2013.

We have the money for Wilfork I believe yea. We can make one more signing and thats about it.