Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson heading to Indy (Report)

Dustin

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson has long been one of my favorite non colts players to watch.  Just the consummate professional on the field, plays hard every play and almost impossible to defend at times.  If it wasn't for his ill timed fumble the Texans may have won that first game against the Colts.  If he comes to Indy, he better not do that again.

I will say also, Vontae Davis struggled against one receiver last year and that receiver was Johnson.

Gore... I like Gore but if the Colts keep running the ball 4 times a half it won't matter who is carrying the ball.

That is exactly why I did not see the fit with Gore go back and look at his YPC in games he got less than 13 touches under 3.0 maybe we are going to be more balanced.

Either way hard to complain about this if the money is right.

a wild kill-joy appears!

Andre Johnson may very well end up in Indy but I've been assured by 3 close to him that he's still working out in Miami this morning.

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL)

March 10, 2015

Andre Johnson may very well end up in Indy but I've been assured by 3 close to him that he's still working out in Miami this morning.

Apparently Dre is actually working out in Miami this morning. Not on way to Indy.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago

Per source, both ex-Texan Andre Johnson and ex-49er Frank Gore are traveling to Indianapolis today to meet with the Colts.

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL 6m6 minutes ago

0 replies 26 retweets 7 favorites

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson together with the pieces already in place.... Man oh man. Training camp will be DUMB packed this year.

I'm telling you right now, whatever the season yardage record is for an offense, you can put the 2015 Indianapolis Colts at #1.

Conflicting reports....

From Albert Breer of NFL Network:

Per source, both ex-Texan Andre Johnson and ex-49er Frank Gore are traveling to Indianapolis today to meet with the Colts.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle:

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson together with the pieces already in place.... Man oh man. Training camp will be DUMB packed this year.

I'm telling you right now, whatever the season yardage record is for an offense, you can put the 2015 Indianapolis Colts at #1.

We need to be able to stop the run too

I said in other threads, we don't need them to be who they were, just need them to be who we need them to be. Stay healthy as they have been (combined 1 missed game since 2011). Gore gets 4 YPC and doesn't fumble so as to help balance the offense, AJ gets his 80+ catches on 3-4 yard patriot-like routes while TY and Moncrief blow the top off the Defense.

Gore 4 YPC is good enough but Trent's 3.6 YPC is horrible?  Plus the OL will be better, so I would be unhappy with settling with 4 YPC.   Plus AJ will more than likely take a backseat role as a #3-4 WR.  I think we will have too many WR's to know what to do with once again and people will be unhappy.  I just don't see AJ getting more than 50-55 catches.