Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Want Andrew Luck

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Andrew Luck?

• Yes, he will help us in the future and will be the heir to PM
    • No, there is much better talent out there and those players can make immediate impacts

You know Andy, I cant really vote just yet, He has been the talk of the year, but I really want to see what indy does in the off season, as far as what FA will we get(if any) and who wont be coming back. If there is someone out there that is better than I say go for them, but I dont watch any college ball and really dont know any prospects..

Im not a fan of the "suck for Luck" campaign but heck If he is worth it then get him, I just dont really know

Yeah I Hope Manning is back and 100% next year, It would be nice to get someone to sit behind him and learn you know, like a good 2nd round prospect, I say we use that first pick on a Defensive player to build a strong defensive unit around.

I seem someone post on one of the our forums that they liked the Connor, Sims and Angerer Lb core...and I agree, its a strong start...Those three at Lb and our DEs...plus Bethea...If we can get a stand out corner and/or a Good DT we will be a heck of a Defense

honestly, having Andrew Luck is just gonna bring tension between our fan base. People will want to see Luck play.

But then again, we have Peyton Manning. He is a winner and will give us ABSOLUTE NO excuse to put Andrew Luck on unless hes injured...

I too voted "NO", based on my belief that Manning will be back and finish out his contract. There are SO many guys in the first 3 rounds that would make a huge impact on our team...if we end up with the #1 pick and could trade that and turn it into multiple picks/players, then i would be all for it.

Peyton covers up so many holes on our team, that if we dont try to fill them now, when we have our best chance in the past 15yrs...well, then whoever DOES take over as QB once Peyton is done, wont have much chance to succeed anyhow.

While we DO have several very talented players, if you plug a rookie QB into this team as the starter, he will struggle much like we have this season...if you trade the #1 pick and use those players gained, along with free agency to fill those holes, then whoever we have at QB once Peyton retires, will have a much better chance to succeed and wont have to carry the extreme burden that we have put on Peyton's shoulders for his entire career up to this point in time.

Assuming that Peyton is able to finish out the 4yrs left on his contract, at the same level as he was able to perform last season, we would be better to wait until next year or even the year after to select our future QB...and if we get multiple future first round picks, as the "experts" seem to think that Luck would bring, then its very likely that whoever we traded with, would be providing us with a relatively high first round pick the next couple years anyhow, not to mention that we would also still have our own original picks in each draft, too.

Assuming that Peyton is able to finish out the 4yrs left on his contract, at the same level as he was able to perform last season, we would be better to wait until next year or even the year after to select our future QB...and if we get multiple future first round picks, as the "experts" seem to think that Luck would bring, then its very likely that whoever we traded with, would be providing us with a relatively high first round pick the next couple years anyhow, not to mention that we would also still have our own original picks in each draft, too.

I would be curious to see a mock from you, since we both seem to agree on trading the pick...

I would be curious to see a mock from you, since we both seem to agree on trading the pick...

Honestly, my ideas vary based on who we would trade with/where we would be selecting. In the top 5, i like Kalil/Blackmon/Claiborne...but later in the round, i would like David DeCastro/Dre Kirkpatrick etc...personally, i dont think that there are any DTs worth of a first round pick (not a top 10 anyhow)...i think that Nevis will be a VERY good DT, but would like to have a big NT type to play along side of him. I would like to have better players in the secondary, so as to make Powers our #2 and Bullitt back to the backup role (if he stays on the team/isnt released)...but if we keep our ridiculous scheme on defense, i wouldnt "waste" a first round pick on a CB just to watch him be made to play way off the line...if we switch coaches/scheme, then i would be all for having a real top talent at CB, though

Honestly, my ideas vary based on who we would trade with/where we would be selecting. In the top 5, i like Kalil/Blackmon/Claiborne...but later in the round, i would like David DeCastro/Dre Kirkpatrick etc...personally, i dont think that there are any DTs worth of a first round pick (not a top 10 anyhow)...i think that Nevis will be a VERY good DT, but would like to have a big NT type to play along side of him. I would like to have better players in the secondary, so as to make Powers our #2 and Bullitt back to the backup role (if he stays on the team/isnt released)...but if we keep our ridiculous scheme on defense, i wouldnt "waste" a first round pick on a CB just to watch him be made to play way off the line...if we switch coaches/scheme, then i would be all for having a real top talent at CB, though

Dontari Poe in the late first/ first pick of the second, but a large number of mocks have Thompson falling to the second round...I like a free agent SS.. i.e. Larron Landry, Bullitt is back-up material at best.. To me you get the largest bounty of palyers/ picks.. I think Cleveland presents the greatest number of picks, where another team like a Kansas City picks and players..Flowers CB and Eric Berry SS, or Miami picks and players... Vonte Davis CB, Paul Soliai NT

Dontari Poe in the late first/ first pick of the second, but a large number of mocks have Thompson falling to the second round...I like a free agent SS.. i.e. Larron Landry, Bullitt is back-up material at best.. To me you get the largest bounty of palyers/ picks.. I think Cleveland presents the greatest number of picks, where another team like a Kansas City picks and players..Flowers CB and Eric Berry SS, or Miami picks and players... Vonte Davis CB, Paul Soliai NT

I may be wrong, but i think Flowers and Soliai are both going to be free agents this off season...and yeah, Poe or Thompson would be fine with me to take in the 2nd, especially if we trade n end up with extra picks in the first 3 rounds...but i wouldnt take either in the first unless we traded WAY down, and DeCastro was gone. If we had a late first round pick, and Copels was still there, i wouldnt mind taking him, if we dont think we can resign Mathis...while Copels hasnt had the best season, this year, he does look like he could be a good DE in the NFL, and a bigger one than we have had in a while.

I may be wrong, but i think Flowers and Soliai are both going to be free agents this off season...and yeah, Poe or Thompson would be fine with me to take in the 2nd, especially if we trade n end up with extra picks in the first 3 rounds...but i wouldnt take either in the first unless we traded WAY down, and DeCastro was gone. If we had a late first round pick, and Copels was still there, i wouldnt mind taking him, if we dont think we can resign Mathis...while Copels hasnt had the best season, this year, he does look like he could be a good DE in the NFL, and a bigger one than we have had in a while.

On my mocks I have obviously the trade down, but I have the Colts taking Ingram in the second, I like him to replace Mathis! Soliai is a free agent, I don't think Flowers will be, couldn't a team franchise taga player then trade him, and the team would be able to negotiate his deal or pay him franchise tag money? Agreed Poe and Thompson are second round day two picks.

People claim to be excited to have him, but they are really just excited by Aaron Rodgers. I guarantee you, 99% of Midwestern football fans have watched less than 4-5 quarters of Luck.

If Rodgers is the example they cling to, that means they will be waiting 7 years or so before Luck hits his prime. You're okay with that? Wasting picks on a guy who may not be good for a long time, and whose best stretch will be short-lived as a result?

Every great QB has been a part of an organization that had a "succession" plan in place. You don't hear about those heirs, however, because it usually doesn't work out. The Favre/Rodgers transition is not the norm, and it shouldn't be expected, no matter how promising the prospect.