Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is Andre Grigson?

lol...I would expect several suiters....Seattle, Baltimore, and us....I just hope NE stays out of it. What do you guys think is a fair deal. I'm sensing a little more than what we gave Reggie...and 3 yrs.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! How disrespectful would that be to sign Andre, and not resign Reggie who has played his entire career for the Colts. Andre has been dropping alot of passes in the last couple of years. This topic needs to be transferred & merged with the Houston Texans form. You must be a fan.....

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! How disrespectful would that be to sign Andre, and not resign Reggie who has played his entire career for the Colts. Andre has been dropping alot of passes in the last couple of years. This topic needs to be transferred & merged with the Houston Texans form. You must be a fan.....

It was a business decision..

Johnson caught 85 balls last year with no QB.. He still has a few years left, Reggie? Who knows.

It's not disrespect, it's business. And if Johnson can help us win now..

Then sign him.

AJ will be 34 years old by the time next season rolls around. IMO I don't think he has much left in the tank. I could be wrong but who really knows.

He caught 85 balls and almost had 1,000 yards last season.

And no QB.

He still has a few good years left.

It would "absolutely not" be disrespectful to sign Andre. It would be a smart business decision. The Colts survived long before Reggie and will continue to survive without him. That's the nature of the NFL, every team moves on and will always move on unless the team folds.

business and emotion seldom mix well

No.  Ancient Andre is old and slow and has had more injury time these last couple of years.

For what it's worth....    I thought you were right, but wanted to see how much time AJ has missed...  so, I checked and was surprised...

In the last three seasons,  Johnson has only missed one game.    He's started 47 of the last 48 games.

Four years ago he missed about half the year -- started 7 games.

The year before that he missed 3 games.

So, it's not as bad as we thought...

Here's his full career profile...   just click on it...

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrejohnson/2505551/profile

OK.....

I'm putting this out there for all to answer if you like....

What are you willing to have Grigson pay to get Andre?

I'm guessing it will take something along the lines of 3/20 with roughly 10 guaranteed....

Everyone OK with that?

Is there a number where you'll say -- "No, at that price, I'll pass..."

Just askin....

Wouldn't really want to get to 8m/yr. Feel better at a good 6 or 7. Reggie was making ~6m per year (hometown discount no doubt). That said I would assume he gets more. And if he produces and we get a Superbowl I don't care how much we are paying him. I'd go 2 years max though. Or for sure front load the contract to be able to get out from under it if he gets too old. 

For what it's worth....    I thought you were right, but wanted to see how much time AJ has missed...  so, I checked and was surprised...

In the last three seasons,  Johnson has only missed one game.    He's started 47 of the last 48 games.

Four years ago he missed about half the year -- started 7 games.

The year before that he missed 3 games.

So, it's not as bad as we thought...

Here's his full career profile...   just click on it...

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrejohnson/2505551/profile

I just feel like he's always one of those guys who is constantly on the injury report. I think my max for him would be like $5 Mil/YR but I think he has more value to NE or a veteran team that is all in for a SB right now. I'd prefer the Colts sign someone younger.

He caught 85 balls and almost had 1,000 yards last season.

And no QB.

He still has a few good years left.

Gotta give Fitz some credit alot of his yards he was well covered not getting separation and got perfect back shoulder passes .