CB depth chart?

colts52761

1. Jerraud Powers

2. Kevin Thomas

3. Justin Tryon

4. Chris Rucker

5. Jacob Lacey

6. Jordan Hemby

Is this the way our depth chart for CB looks now?

I'd say it's Powers, Tryon, Lacey, and the other three battling to beat out Lacey. We haven't seen Thomas or Rucker, they can't be rated higher than a guy who actually played in the NFL.

I'd say it's Powers, Tryon, Lacey, and the other three battling to beat out Lacey. We haven't seen Thomas or Rucker, they can't be rated higher than a guy who actually played in the NFL.

Agree 100% The other guys you haven't seen play. I do like the film I have seen of both though. Thomas coming off a knee, I will watch him close in pre season

exactly... :applause: i have high hopes for thomas though

Living out on the left coast I got a good dose of USC football (all the stations I get are LA stations) and I have high hopes for Thomas as well. He's a lot like knee injury Jackson except for a bit quicker in the zone and longer arms.

The down for Thomas is it took him a while to catch on at USC. Unless there is an injury to Powers or Tryon I think Thomas will be the primary nickel back and I expect this year to be kind of like Thomas' junior year at USC. The first couple of games you will watch him and ask, "what did anyone see in this kid to put him over another player?" Then he'll go 4 or 5 games and you won't hear his name or think about his play much and then he'll start making some plays and INT here and crucial pass defensed there and by the end of the year people will be talking about a Polian steal in the 3rd.

That is all assuming Thomas stays injury free as well which, going by his history, is NOT guaranteed.

I know this may be far fetched but I can dream a little would we be a player for asante? I mean the eagles are stacked at CB and would probably shop him for a decent draft pick but he would have to restructure so we could afford him.

It's possible. The Eagles are looking to shop him for two reasons:

1. Draft picks. They already have 11 for next season, which would put them in prime trading position for other Free Agents and future picks.

2. Cap space. They made a lot of big signings this off-season, while the guys they lost may not have saved them much. Dumping Samuel would seem to help them here.

The problem is, Samuel has spent most of his career as a man-corner in 3-4 schemes. How well does he play when he's standing 7 yards off of the line?