Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Orlovsky Pays The Rent With Block

oldunclemark

From the Colts web site..

"Donald Brown and Dan Orlovsky’s time at Connecticut missed overlapping by one year, but the running back invited his quarterback into his home once the Colts signed him just prior to training camp."

“I think the world of him, as a football player, more as a person,” Orlovsky said of Brown. “He is a guy I feel gets better with every carry. He starts to run better as the game goes on. His eyes, I think get better."

" I don’t know how to play running back, but I feel when he gets the touches he can make plays. He continues to do that. I have been living at his house for four months rent free. I told him the hip check was the least I could do. I am happy for him.”

I guess when you have never won a game as a starter in the NFL you are willing to do the "little" things to help your team get a W.

I saw it as soon as it happened and turned to my friend right away and said what a block and then he was off to the races. It wasn't just Orlovsky's block, Wayne and I think Tamme had key blocks down the field credit to them for not giving up on the play. To all those who have been saying we are tanking that play is proof we aren't. We had guys down field on the other end of the field where the play wasn't supposed to go still doing their jobs that sealed the deal after Orlovsky threw a block. This team is still playing VERY hard. I am glad it finally paid off for them with a win.

I guess when you have never won a game as a starter in the NFL you are willing to do the "little" things to help your team get a W.

I saw it as soon as it happened and turned to my friend right away and said what a block and then he was off to the races. It wasn't just Orlovsky's block, Wayne and I think Tamme had key blocks down the field credit to them for not giving up on the play. To all those who have been saying we are tanking that play is proof we aren't. We had guys down field on the other end of the field where the play wasn't supposed to go still doing their jobs that sealed the deal after Orlovsky threw a block. This team is still playing VERY hard. I am glad it finally paid off for them with a win.

Tanking or not I don't know but nobody wanted to post a 0-16 on his resume and thus the team showed to be wanting a win more than the titans with a little playoff hope.

Tanking or not I don't know but nobody wanted to post a 0-16 on his resume and thus the team showed to be wanting a win more than the titans with a little playoff hope.

I cant imagine being a marginal (until now) 3-year vet and inviting a marginal free agent you dont know to live with

you simply (I guess) because they went to the same school...(or maybe because they were in the same boat?)

That does say something about Donald Brown.