Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any thoughts about pursuing Wilfork?

1. good idea 2. how much is all that matters

“That situation sounds eerily similar to what could play out in Baltimore,” wrote CSNBaltimore.com’s Bo Smolka.

Like Wilfork, Ngata was drafted by the Ravens in the first round (2006) and has played his entire career for one team. Both are five-time Pro Bowlers, fan-favorites in their respective cities and over 30 years old (Ngata is 31 and Wilfork is 33).

One area where the two diverge is their salaries for 2015.

Consider this: Wilfork’s reported cap hit ($8.9 million) was going to be almost half that of Ngata’s ($16 million), and the Patriots still released him. Meanwhile, defensive end Darnell Dockett signed a two-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers yesterday reportedly worth $7.5 million.

Na, I don't want him personally. I want Ngata if or when he's released. I'd rather sign Dan Williams or Terrence Knighton than Wilfork actually.

Wilfork 33 reported cap hit $8.9 million

Ngata 31 reported cap hit $16 million

We have a need and it would * off the Pats? Seems almost to good to pass up.

PS...Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes there are “growing indications” that Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton will be in another uniform next season. The free agent-to-be could end up with a deal worth anywhere from $7MM to $10MM annually,

Keegan Matheson - Dan Williams may have a limited market due to his role on a defense, but those teams who are interested will all take a close look.  I would expect him to receive a contract with an annual average value of $4M – $5.5M.

Based on these estimates you could almost get Wilfork and Knighton/Williams for the same amount as Ngata....you could probably get all three for the price of Suh.

Honestly,   I don't think the Pats would give a darn where Wilfork plays.

Once they cut a guy,  they don't care where he goes.

If they didn't want him playing for the Colts,  they'd find a way to keep him.   

Otherwise,  it's time for everyone to move on.

I was just saying....

Some folks had an idea that the Pats, Denver and the Ravens might be interested in signing Reggie but couldn't give a good reason outside he was a veteran presence. I think it would be more to irritate us than anything. If one of them was to do that us, by signing vets from their teams and filling one, two or possible three of our holes might really stir things up.

Couldn't care less. He's a two down DT who had an average at best season last year. Great career in NE, but that's the past.

THIS pretty much. I would have been fine had they released Wilfork last year which is what I thought would happen but they somehow got that new deal in place giving him another year. I have to find the stat but it has been mentioned that our defense vs the run up the middle was dead last in the league. So yeah, time to move on. Loved, loved Vince, true patriot through and through but time to let the young guys take over.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now