Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The Number 3 Draft Pick?

Everything is speculation spongebob colts pants- High drama next season with Manning or not, Luck or not, Cadwell or not and so on. I can see Texans resting and Jags are bad too.

The Texans will not rest and give up a shot at a bye. Thats ignorant. And draft speculation belongs in the draft thread. Our mods have been battling this all season with all the Luck foolishness we have been subjected to.

This belongs in the draft section.

Lets not litter the Colts forum with senseless threads about draft position that hasn't even been solidified yet. There are 2 games left to play and anything can happen.

That;s a good point.... ruksak...

We're guessing about No. 3 suddenly after we've spent the last few weeks guessing about what we'd do with the No. 1 choice

I'm glad the players kept trying to win...

...I want my team to win......and let the offseason take care of itself...

Football (unlike maybe baseball) is all about doing whatever you can to win today seperate from everything else...

I think the Colts may take RG3, or they take Claiborne. Either is fine with me.

If we take RG3 my head might just explode. With how inflexible our coaching staff seems to be I just do not see them developing the offense around RG3 to fit his play style. As much he does in the air the guy is dangerous on the run and I just do not see our coaching staff developing the offense to utilize that skill set. I think they would take Barkley before RG3.

If we are not getting Luck I much rather have Claiborne. Then again with our crappy defense scheme we will just have him play 10 yards off as well and not utilize his skill set either.

If we take RG3 my head might just explode. With how inflexible our coaching staff seems to be I just do not see them developing the offense around RG3 to fit his play style. As much he does in the air the guy is dangerous on the run and I just do not see our coaching staff developing the offense to utilize that skill set. I think they would take Barkley before RG3.

If we are not getting Luck I much rather have Claiborne. Then again with our crappy defense scheme we will just have him play 10 yards off as well and not utilize his skill set either.

We won't take RG3, so I wouldn't worry about that. This talk about picking #2 or 3 is ridiculous IMO. We are still on the fast track to the 1st pick pretty easily.

If we dont get the #1 pick, we obviously wont get Andrew Luck...so with that said, if we dont, who would everyone want us to take? Blackmon, Kalil, Claiborne would all be good top 3 picks, as far as how safe they would be and how good they should be...if we trade down, it would obviously open up a lot of other possibilities...OG David DeCastro is still one of the players i would LOVE to have on our team, if we traded down.

Before anyone freaks out about a WR with Blackmon, keep in mind that Wayne, Garcon and Gonzo are all free agents at season's end...and likely wont all be back...Blackmon has all the talent in the world and good speed and size...and would be much cheaper than Wayne or Garcon...with that in mind, i wouldnt be upset or surprised if we took him...everyone freaked out when we took Wayne with a healthy Harrison, but it was a good thing that we did

if we DO still end up with the #1 pick, i would personally love it if we could trade down and end up with multiple first and second round picks...there are so many guys this year that would really help our team, on both sides of the ball.

of the "top" guys mentioned, that i DO NOT want, RGIII and Alshon Jefferey would be on my list.

How about Matt Kalil, OT USC?

If the Colts' pick is at number 3 and if Kalil is available at that pick, and if all the info over the next 4 months does not sway my opinion in a different direction, adn the Colts can re-sign Wayne at Garcon at WR, then Matt Kalil would be my choice.

RG3

If we trade/release Peyton, keep Caldwell...and draft "RGIII" to play QB...we will very likely get that 0-16 season after all! And if we're drafting a QB (not #1/Luck) to sit behind Manning for the remainder of his contract, i would MUCH rather have Barkley, Foles or even Jones over RGIII...i'm just not a believer that he will be a high caliber NFL QB

Yeah, Rams will go Blackmon/ Kalil... Vikings Kalil/Blackmon/Claiborne.. so if Indy was three it may not be too farfetched to say Kalil would be around. I wonder if a team would try to trade up with either one of those teams for Luck, knowing Indy would want far more for Luck.. since Minnesota took Ponder and Rams have Bradford... I could see Minnesota taking Luck.. maybe.... Ponder could bring them a draft pick...

we're in the same boat really, as the vikings/rams, as far as who i could see us taking... Luck/Kalil/Blackmon/Claiborne would all be players i could see us taking, also, depending on draft spot...the reason i list Blackmon as well, is the pending free agency of Garcon/Wayne/Gonzo along with the recurring back problems of Blair White. And while most would say that WR isnt our "biggest need", in the first round , you need to take those "rare" talents, like Kalil/Blackmon/Luck...i know for one, that our offense was MUCH more potent when we had Marvin at WR...and i think Blackmon will be a star...us drafting Castonzo and Ijalana are the only reasons that i would bump Blackmon above Kalil...and us playing the most frustrating (for fans) defensive scheme in the history of football is why i have Blackmon also ahead of Claiborne lol

Matt Miller on the Bleacherreport did a three round mock excluding a trade back.. He had the Colts taking Luck, Thompson, Dwayne Allen... thats why I want a serious overhaul of trading players and picks... getting Thompson in the second, Allen in the third, if they traded guys like Clarke, he could bring a thrid if not second round pick to a team, and to get Dwayne Allen in the third possible, and still have another third round pick, thats the way to go! I would trade multiple Colts players and replace them with up and coming young talent, especially on defense! Freeney or Mathis could be traded for great value, Brackett could bring some value..

Matt Miller on the Bleacherreport did a three round mock excluding a trade back.. He had the Colts taking Luck, Thompson, Dwayne Allen... thats why I want a serious overhaul of trading players and picks... getting Thompson in the second, Allen in the third, if they traded guys like Clarke, he could bring a thrid if not second round pick to a team, and to get Dwayne Allen in the third possible, and still have another third round pick, thats the way to go! I would trade multiple Colts players and replace them with up and coming young talent, especially on defense! Freeney or Mathis could be traded for great value, Brackett could bring some value..

Given the age, sallary, and recent production of the guys you stated, I don't think we will be able to get anything close to what you think for them.

Given the age, sallary, and recent production of the guys you stated, I don't think we will be able to get anything close to what you think for them.

I agree. This is the NFL, not baseball, or basketball, where teams overpay for aging players. No way, would would get hardly anything for any of those guys.

Very little! I would say absolutely no higher than a 4th rd. pick for either. They are situational pass rushers, not every down type players.

That's ridiculous!

The Colts are still on pace for the 1st overall pick. First, I don't think we'll beat the Texans. Maybe Jaguars, so the Colts will be 2-14. I think the Vikings will beat the Bears, so they are on three wins. Rams finish 2-14, but they have by far a schedule that will cause them to pick behind the Colts if both got 2 wins. This schedule can change all the time due to results, but the Rams will not go below the Colts.

That's ridiculous!

The Colts are still on pace for the 1st overall pick. First, I don't think we'll beat the Texans. Maybe Jaguars, so the Colts will be 2-14. I think the Vikings will beat the Bears, so they are on three wins. Rams finish 2-14, but they have by far a schedule that will cause them to pick behind the Colts if both got 2 wins. This schedule can change all the time due to results, but the Rams will not go below the Colts.

Why are you directing this towards me? I in no way shape or form believe the Colts will lose the 1st pick. The only people that are saying that, are the one's that hate the idea of picking Luck and the argument of losing the 1st pick fits their agenda.

That's ridiculous!

I believe (but am not totally sure) that if the Colts win 1 more game (and all three teams finish 2-14), the Colts would get the 3rd draft pick.

I don't think we'll win another game, but if we do get the #3 pick then trade down to the Dolphins for their 1st which will be around 8, their 3rd and next years 1st and 5th round. Just a random trade but if they do that our draft could be

1st - Claiborne CB

2nd - Barron SS

3rd - Crick DE/DT

3rd - Streeter WR

4th - Lonnie Edwards OG

Very little! I would say absolutely no higher than a 4th rd. pick for either. They are situational pass rushers, not every down type players.

I can see at least second rounders for both.... Oakland gave up a first round for Seymour.. I know its Oakland I am bringing up but still... how could Freeney not bring a second round pick?