Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will NOT Re-Sign the Legendary Number 87: Reggie Wayne. (Merge)

BrentMc11

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad day for every Colts fan when one of our all time greats leaves us.

Thank you Reggie, for everything you have done for this team, this city, this league, this sport and all of its fans around the world. 

A true legend. Gone but never forgotten.

Seen this coming but now that its reality its worse than i imagined. I'll miss him more than Peyton. Reggies corner will never be the same. What im goin to miss most is those chants. Always be one of my all time favorite players. Never got in trouble, didnt run his mouth and always showed up to play, great hands and 1 of the best route runners to ever play the game. Thanks for the memories Reg. REGGIE..REGGIE..REGGIE!!!

Three things- You have no clue as to what Reggie has discussed with Irsay or Grigson.

It strikes me that if Reggie wanted to retire, they would have let him make that announcement.  I think this is more likely he was wanting to play more but they made the decision for him - at least for him here in Indy.

We're losing more than just a locker room leader with Reggie, but a franchise player and such a great role model.. I'm really sad to see him go. :(

I can't see him in any other color but blue and white, I want him to retire a Colt.

Reggie has already said he would not play for another team. We shall see I guess.

It strikes me that if Reggie wanted to retire, they would have let him make that announcement.  I think this is more likely he was wanting to play more but they made the decision for him - at least for him here in Indy.

We don't know that. Sometimes assuming is wrong. I have no clue but none of us do till a statement is made.

We don't know that. Sometimes assuming is wrong. I have no clue but none of us do till a statement is made.

I don't know and neither do you.

But tell me - why would Indy announce "not re-signing" him instead of him announing his retirement?  Irsay was quoted as saying this move now allows Reggie to seek playing time elsewhere if that is what he chooses.  That sounds like he was retired from the Colts.

I don't know and neither do you.

But tell me - why would Indy announce "not re-signing" him instead of him announing his retirement?  Irsay was quoted as saying this move now allows Reggie to seek playing time elsewhere if that is what he chooses.  That sounds like he was retired from the Colts.

i don't think Reggie had made up his mind yet. The Colts had made up theirs so they announced it. So I agree with you. With that said, if Reggie decides he is done he will be back here to officially retire. If he truly wants to play Denver would probsbly be interested in him if he would come cheap.

Breaks my heart to see it in writing, great leader and warrior.  I will truly miss Reggie heading over to the corner of the stadium getting fans fired up just before the home game starts.  Ring of honor player NO question, Hall of Fame player in my mind...

Thanks Reggie!!!   Dude you brought it every game, your level of play over your career will be very difficult to match...  Indy will miss seeing 87 on the field

Wheres Ryan Grigson????.............

tumblr_n87sap59bf1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

But seriously, we knew this day was coming but reality does hurt.

My question though, If Reggie truly is going to retire, why make it a point to announce he ont be re-signed? Maybe he does try to catch on somewhere else. Who knows.

Im comfident that our front office has a real plan in place, as sad as this move is, Im just confident in Grigs/Pags/Mr. Irsay.

Love You Reggie!

I really hope that Reggie is the one who made this decision because he felt it was time to retire.

If not, I am very saddened by this news.  He has been one of my all time favorite players.  

Thanks for all the great games, loyalty and years with the team, Reggie.

Two things:

1. Firmly believe that Reggie retires now.

2. If that was what Reggie was going to do anyway (we may never know now), why not let him wait till he announces it? He deserves a little more time and respect than essentially saying "we don't want you even if you do want to come back" when in reality, he wasn't going to come back anyway.

Thought the same thing. Makes me think maybe he wanted to come back and the Colts just didn't want him back.  

If Reggie retires, my point will be proven. Move along.

In my opinion as the OP, this is a Tribute to Reggie other than a negative thing.  Lets keep this ONE thread positive.

Plain and simple...Reggie Wayne is a no brainer for the Hall of Fame....lets give the MAN a fond farewell.  

Could be but we really don't know.