Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will NOT Re-Sign the Legendary Number 87: Reggie Wayne. (Merge)

BrentMc11

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I kind of saw it coming and it's probably the smart move but it still hurts.

Thanks for all the memories, Reg. Thanks for signing my, well, your, jersey at Pierre Garçon's charity basketball event in South Florida years ago. It's framed and hanging on my wall. It's very special to me.

Two things:

1. Firmly believe that Reggie retires now.

2. If that was what Reggie was going to do anyway (we may never know now), why not let him wait till he announces it? He deserves a little more time and respect than essentially saying "we don't want you even if you do want to come back" when in reality, he wasn't going to come back anyway.

Expected but sad. Difficult decision I bet. Reggie was still playing so good before the knee injury. But it would make more sense to fill his spot with a receiver still capable of getting that 1000 yard mark. One of my favorites ever, glad I got to see him play twice.

I want to say thank you for giving everything he did throughout his career.  There are not many guys out there that exude his professionalism on and off of the field.  Retire a Colt Reggie.  This is where YOU belong with the fans and Teammates LOVE you!!!  

This is the worst I have felt since Peyton Manning....sick almost.   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :fb:  :fb:  :fb: !!!

I think this team NEEDS HIM OR REDDING in the locker room and the field. Ethier as a coach or player. We have a bunch of young guys.

I feel the locker room could possibly (I said possibly) fall apart without them.

I want to say thank you for giving everything he had throughout his career.  There is not many guys out there that exudes his professionalism off of the field.  Retire a Colt Reggie.  This is where YOU belong with the fans and Teammates LOVE you!!!  

This is the worst I have felt since Peyton Manning....sick almost.   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :fb:  :fb:  :fb: !!!

IMO a HOF pro both on the field and off as you said , hes got nothing left to prove. Will always be loved here.

Yea this is a bummer, I know Wayne will be missed as a presence in the locker room as a player and definitely missed on the field. Yes his production declined and wasn't the great Reggie we all are used to seeing but I still will miss seeing #87 on the field.

I think this team NEEDS HIM OR REDDING in the locker room and the field. Ethier as a coach or player. We have a bunch of young guys.

I feel the locker room could possibly (I said possibly) fall apart without them.

I think Art Jones can handle that job ,although would love for Redding to stay.

Two things:

1. Firmly believe that Reggie retires now.

2. If that was what Reggie was going to do anyway (we may never know now), why not let him wait till he announces it? He deserves a little more time and respect than essentially saying "we don't want you even if you do want to come back" when in reality, he wasn't going to come back anyway.

Three things- You have no clue as to what Reggie has discussed with Irsay or Grigson.