Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So It Looks Like Minnesota Will.........

chrisfarley

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't read while thread but heard on 1070 colts have the weaker schedule between Vikings and rams so if all 3 finish 2-14 colts win tie breaker via weaker schedule

Yep...I think after Monday night's game, it has been confirmed. As long as we do not win out, we will get the #1 pick. We have locked up the SOS tiebreaker.....

Viking will most definitely draft Luck, regardless of their affliction towards Ponder.

And RG3 is not a first round player, let alone a 2-3 overall pick type player. If we don't take Luck it will be the classic question: draft to our biggest weakness or draft the best player available. We have so many needs just about everywhere on the field, that the latter might be more productive to our success.

One could argue our biggest weakness is QB. We don't know 100% if PM will be him old self and we got a glimpse of life without Peyton this year.

Our biggest weakness is our secondary - we need to fill holes on D before we pick up another QB thats just going to hold a clipboard for 3-4 years.

Tonight is going to go a long way towards answering the question of who is going to get the top pick, at least as far as we are concerned. If the Colts lose it's going to take a lot for them to blow the top pick even with a win over the Jags. If we win it's going to take a lot for us to get a top pick over the Vikings, the best would probably be a loss to the Jags and for the Vikings to win one of their last two and then it falls to who would hold the tie breaker between the Colts and Rams.

Tonight is going to go a long way towards answering the question of who is going to get the top pick, at least as far as we are concerned. If the Colts lose it's going to take a lot for them to blow the top pick even with a win over the Jags. If we win it's going to take a lot for us to get a top pick over the Vikings, the best would probably be a loss to the Jags and for the Vikings to win one of their last two and then it falls to who would hold the tie breaker between the Colts and Rams.

If we lose tonight we clinch the #1 pick.

If we lose tonight we clinch the #1 pick.

oh does it last I saw if we lose tonight the worst that could happen to us was end up tied with the Vikings on the strength of schedule tiebreaker and that was with a bunch of other teams winning and losing. I wasn't sure what the next tie breaker was after that. Good to know though.

oh does it last I saw if we lose tonight the worst that could happen to us was end up tied with the Vikings on the strength of schedule tiebreaker and that was with a bunch of other teams winning and losing. I wasn't sure what the next tie breaker was after that. Good to know though.

http://www.18to88.com/2011-archives/december/the-tie-breaker.html