Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian: Peyton Manning Will Not Playing This Year

Andy

Just announced... guess that win really confirmed it.

http://www.nfl.com/n...1_breaking_news

Thoughts? I'm happy as I don't want to risk a worse injury this year. Let it heal completely and he'll be ready for next year.

I'm okay after today.....we wont go 0-16..and you guy

Definitely the right call.

There you go...Unc...it's official. Like many of us tried to tell you, Peyton will NOT be coming back this year. And even without him, we will not have to concern ourselves with 0-16. So you can rest easy now and let P-Money heal up in peace. :whatever:

Well, I know how smart you all are....

..do you think that the announcement AFTER WE WON ONE....was coincidence..?

Just asking

s know that was one of my reasons...

Do you think he's had a setback at all..

I'm okay after today.....we wont go 0-16..and you guy

Well, I know how smart you all are....

..do you think that the announcement AFTER WE WON ONE....was coincidence..?

Just asking

s know that was one of my reasons...

Do you think he's had a setback at all..

The announcement came after Polian watched Peyton throw and determined that he wasn't ready to play this season based on what he saw, i.e. he was not cleared as some tried to tell you he wouldn't be. Even if we were still winless they would not have played him this year because he is not ready...period.

I doubt he's had a setback...probably just not progressing as fast as you want him to. These things take time and we all just need to continue to exercise patience.

The announcement came after Polian watched Peyton throw and determined that he wasn't ready to play this season based on what he saw, i.e. he was not cleared as some tried to tell you he wouldn't be. Even if we were still winless they would not have played him this year because he is not ready...period.

I doubt he's had a setback...probably just not progressing as fast as you want him to. These things take time and we all just need to continue to exercise patience.

CS.... The language used...."after watching him throw..he is not ready to play'

......could indicate that he is not recovering....could it not?

Polian did NOT say he was progressing at all..

That concerns me

Why wasn't this announcement made earlier? Kinda goes along with the "why isn't PM on IR?". I haven't seen any reports or evidence that PM has been anywhere near being able to come back this year. Where is the info on the progress he's been making (or not making)?

There's just too much that is not being said for my taste.

CS.... The language used...."after watching him throw..he is not ready to play'

......could indicate that he is not recovering....could it not?

Polian did NOT say he was progressing at all..

That concerns me

....or it could just mean that after watching him throw, they don't think he is ready to play yet. I know that's a stretch.

That thread was about him practicing with pads, and it was made yesterday. The one I made was announced half an hour ago.

On my screen it says it was made today, not yesterday, and as the thread evolved I turned the discussion to the fact that Polian said he would NOT be playing this year, when I posted ...

Good news to hear that he worked out in pads, buuuuut...

Peyton Manning will not play in the final two games of the 2011 season, Indianapolis vice chairman Bill Polian announced Sunday following the Colts' 27-13 win over the Tennessee Titans.

Manning put on pads for the first time this season while he recovers from his September neck surgery, and Polian said the team determined Manning was not ready to come back after observing his throwing session.

... those comments from the quote above are not the most encouraging. I would have rather heard "Manning won't play, but after watching his work out, he is looking better than we might have expected at this stage of his rehab."

My comments were topical in that thread, as they are here. That thread and this thread are about the same thing, Polian's comments, and both threads were made today.

Why wasn't this announcement made earlier? Kinda goes along with the "why isn't PM on IR?". I haven't seen any reports or evidence that PM has been anywhere near being able to come back this year. Where is the info on the progress he's been making (or not making)?

He's not on IR so that he can do what he's doing now......throw in practice and participate in drills so that the Colts management can assess his status and decide whether or not to exercise the option to get out of his contract. If the Colts do not get out of his contract, they are going to owe Peyton Manning a lot of money. If they have to pay him that money and he is not able to play, it could cripple the team moving forward. The Colts need to be able to work him out in practice so that they can make an informed decision moving forward.

I can only hope you're right..but you'd go broke trusting Mr/Polian's words..

Only if you made financial decisions based on them. I'm not saying that Manning has not suffered a setback or is definitely healing with no problems. I'm just saying that there is no reason to infer that from what was said. It was a bit of a pipe dream for Manning to be ready to go by the end of the season anyway. Just because he's not doesn't say that much to me.

Do you think that if we were 0 and 15 they might of let him play a few downs, but since we got a win they figured they might as well just announce that hes done for the season?

Yes, Josh

And I think that he wanted to stay active until we won one...

..and that he was probably going out there if we were 0-15...

But that's just a guess....and we thankfully dont have to find out...

I hope that's the truth and he is progressing as well as we all hope...

Buy we wont know anything now for sure until next August

He's not on IR so that he can do what he's doing now......throw in practice and participate in drills so that the Colts management can assess his status and decide whether or not to exercise the option to get out of his contract. If the Colts do not get out of his contract, they are going to owe Peyton Manning a lot of money. If they have to pay him that money and he is not able to play, it could cripple the team moving forward. The Colts need to be able to work him out in practice so that they can make an informed decision moving forward.

They can determine that in other throwing drills outside of practice right? They will still have to do more assessments well after the season is over? I would think Manning could work out on his own with pads and figure out if he can make throws or not so he could be on IR. That doesn't make a lot of difference to me, it's just that we should really be hearing alot more regarding his progress and recovery.

haha must have. Either that or Orlovsky made a deal.

That's a funny thought.....

Danny O said..... "Come on God.....You know I love you.

But what's in it for me...?

0-16 twice?? Lordy Lord Lord..

What have I done?

How have I forskaen thee???? :dunno:

Can I work something out with you.. :shake:

Or is there a guy down south I should call????

That's a funny thought.....

Danny O said..... "Come on God.....You know I love you.

But what's in it for me...?

0-16 twice?? Lordy Lord Lord..

What have I done?

How have I forskaen thee???? :dunno:

Can I work something out with you.. :shake:

Or is there a guy down south I should call????

haha Kind of Little Nicky when Dan Marino is trying to make a deal to make a comeback and win a super bowl. lol

Yes, Josh

And I think that he wanted to stay active until we won one...

..and that he was probably going out there if we were 0-15...

But that's just a guess....and we thankfully dont have to find out...

I hope that's the truth and he is progressing as well as we all hope...

Buy we wont know anything now for sure until next August

Your complete and total inability to see what is and has been blatanty obvious is astounding.

Kinda like what you guys told me about Donald Brown being a bust???

1) I have never said anything to you about Brown being a bust

2) Even with his game today, if he had played this well at any point in the last 2 years, Addai is not re-signed and his money is used elsewhere.

3) Your Manning playing in week 17 fantasies have been completely off base for at least 2 months.

1) I have never said anything to you about Brown being a bust

2) Even with his game today, if he had played this well at any point in the last 2 years, Addai is not re-signed and his money is used elsewhere.

3) Your Manning playing in week 17 fantasies have been completely off base for at least 2 months.

And you were right.. He's not playing.

I wanted him to play..and he's not going to..

So shoot me.

This just in: We won today....

And If I let you be right again tomorrow...can we win again Thursday??