Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Multiple league sources expect Colts to make strong push for Ndamakung Suh

I was wracking my brain trying think if maybe we could acquire two players for Suhs price that could equal his impact. Maybe Dt DE combo that could create the shot in the arm our run D needs while producing pressure on the QB as well. It is very hard to find two available players. I'm Starting to get on the Suh train. Maybe Knighton and Hardy could fill that roll. I'm still unsure about Hardy though.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda curious ,who out there in free agency would you throw all your money at that's any better?

Who says you have to throw all your money at Suh to get better? We could pick up Adrian Clayborn and a interior D Line draft pick and get better without having to throw 60 mill at Suh, I'd even bring in Stephen Paea

When did this happen?

Because he sniveled and cried a few tears after the loss to Dallas? That's how he showed he wants to win badly?

Boy, are you and easy grader......

Okay, how would you determine how badly he wants to win? What in your eyes would show you that he has it? I don't see players cry often after a wild card loss.

All I meant by my original post was that yeah he will command a sh**load of money, but he's dominant in all aspects. Does he have an attitude? Yeah. But he is a winner and I'd bet that he would immensely help us if we signed him.

Okay, how would you determine how badly he wants to win? What in your eyes would show you that he has it? I don't see players cry often after a wild card loss.

All I meant by my original post was that yeah he will command a sh**load of money, but he's dominant in all aspects. Does he have an attitude? Yeah. But he is a winner and I'd bet that he would immensely help us if we signed him.

I wouldn't sweat it.....

I'm a fan of the player, but not so much the person.

No worries....

Hard to put that kind of money into one player who is NOT your QB. Although guys like Suh don't grow on trees. Interior Defensive linemen who make a true impact are special, even if they are discipline cases. This is tough one. Suh is exactly the kind of player we need to toughen up the run defense and he can rush the passer. Could be interesting.

Why tf would he go to Oakland? He's already shown he wants to win and wants it badly. I'd think he's seriously considering Indy, we have plenty of money and we're a team on the rise.

Yeah, only way I see him picking Oakland or Miami over Indianapolis is

Money or Weather

Winning he needs to come to indy

thats gonna be one expensive price tag

This is my biggest worry.  Dude is gonna want close to quarterback money.  Word is he wants a deal similar to JJ Watt's. . . Which I would not mind, if we where getting JJ Watt.  But we are not getting JJ Watt. . . We're getting JJ Watt's little brother (football wise) with on the field rage issues.

And I just know there is gonna be a time when we are up by 2 in the AFC Championship game with 1 minute to go in a game with Tom Brady at the 50 on 4th down and Suh is gonna make a great move. . . sack him . . . and then stomp on his head or something and then they are gonna move into FG range and the Pats will run the clock, kick the FG, and win the game.

This is my biggest worry. Dude is gonna want close to quarterback money. Word is he wants a deal similar to JJ Watt's. . . Which I would not mind, if we where getting JJ Watt. But we are not getting JJ Watt. . . We're getting JJ Watt's little brother (football wise) with on the field rage issues.

And I just know there is gonna be a time when we are up by 2 in the AFC Championship game with 1 minute to go in a game with Tom Brady at the 50 on 4th down and Suh is gonna make a great move. . . sack him . . . and then stomp on his head or something and then they are gonna move into FG range and the Pats will run the clock, kick the FG, and win the game.

I will take that over getting Blount shoved down our throats again

I will take that over getting Blount shoved down our throats again

At least when Blount runs the ball down our throats you just say "ahh the pats where the better team" and move on.  Suh costs us the SB because he just had to stomp on someone's head is gonna make you want to drink antifreeze. (not literally)

Besides it's a false dichotomy.  Suh is not the only player out there who could stiffen our D-line so we can stop the run.  If we get him I will appreciate his dominance on the football field, but I don't think it will be worth the investment. 

suh has no history in a 3-4, this would be a huge mistake IMO. Seriously look back at Haynesworth. He was a 4-3 DT, who left for a HUGE deal and was placed a in 3-4 and disappeared into obscurity.

To this I say the money could be spent else where and probably make more of an impact. I could see if Suh had a history in a 3-4, but he has none. So why drop that much bank to "test" it?

suh has no history in a 3-4, this would be a huge mistake IMO. Seriously look back at Haynesworth. He was a 4-3 DT, who left for a HUGE deal and was placed a in 3-4 and disappeared into obscurity.

To this I say the money could be spent else where and probably make more of an impact. I could see if Suh had a history in a 3-4, but he has none. So why drop that much bank to "test" it?

Lol, it's not like they're going to make him play NT. It's basically the same role, just with a different name. Plus, the Colts d-line plays in nickel more than base anyway. 

Haynesworth had arguably the worst work ethic ever for a player with his level of talent. Look up what coaches and scouts had to say about him. Not even a fair comparison.

I don't understand how people are "afraid to break the bank". You all do realize that the Colts HAVE to spend up to a certain percentage of the money they have available right? Not to mention, there's only like 5 teams that have more money to spend than the Colts. When you have the money to spend, spend it!

you know I'm pretty torn on this actually

yes Suh is a monster...but I'd much rather go after Ngata if he were released.

---knows the scheme

---is a monster in his own right

---still has a couple elite years left in him

---is familiar with Pagano

---would be far cheaper thus allowing to fill other holes on the team

At least when Blount runs the ball down our throats you just say "ahh the pats where the better team" and move on.  Suh costs us the SB because he just had to stomp on someone's head is gonna make you want to drink antifreeze. (not literally)

Besides it's a false dichotomy.  Suh is not the only player out there who could stiffen our D-line so we can stop the run.  If we get him I will appreciate his dominance on the football field, but I don't think it will be worth the investment. 

This is the monster we've been waiting for and you are worried about a big "if", that's IF we get that far, IF we keep it a close game, and IF we get into that situation, and IF he does something boneheaded after all of that. There's a strong argument that can be made that he's the best defensive free agent since Deion Sanders. He's in the middle of his prime and could one day be in Canton. Give me Jones, Mathis, Newsome, and SUH. also.... ONE superbowl is worth the investment. ONE.

Haynesworth had arguably the worst work ethic ever for a player with his level of talent. Look up what coaches and scouts had to say about him. Not even a fair comparison.

I don't understand how people are "afraid to break the bank". You all do realize that the Colts HAVE to spend up to a certain percentage of the money they have available right? Not to mention, there's only like 5 teams that have more money to spend than the Colts. When you have the money to spend, spend it!

Problem is if we sign Suh at the massive price he is going to command, we are going to miss out on McCourty and a solid Passrusher. We will have to end up signing Suh and then some mid-lower level players.

Where if we wait and try to pick up Ngata, if released, we could also sign McCourty and one of the top Pass Rushers.

I think Suh causes us too many problems down the road cap wise as opposed to picking up multiple players at not over the top contract amounts.

You don't pay the guy without having a plan to feature his talents.  Chuck and Manusky have coached enough football to put a plan together to feature him and allow him to succeed. 

You don't pay the guy without having a plan to feature his talents.  Chuck and Manusky have coached enough football to put a plan together to feature him and allow him to succeed. 

Still that might fill 1 defensive need, and we have 3. Why break the bank on 1 need and hope we can get some filler for the other 2 instead of trying to get 3 top level players with the amount we would be using on the 1 player.

I just don't see Suh as the player that would put us over the top, and he definitely is not the player that Watt is to make that much.

Good point and he is surrounded by very good talent in Detroit as well. Can be a dominant force as more of a one man show?

I don't think you can really fake it on the D-line. . . You are always gonna be blocked by at least one guy and if you can constantly cause that one man problems, then you are a good player.

I also don't think 4-3 DT to 3-4 DE is that hard of a transition.

I actually have no worries that Suh would work in our defense.  

My worry is that what we spent on him we could use to shore up multiple other positions of need.  Defense needs to be strong across the board.