Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaching Staff Discussion Post-Win [Merge]

antipatriot

I hope this doesnt save the coaching staff This season is still unacceptable and has been all about coaching

Exactly what I was thinking. Im worried we will be stuck with the ^fool^ for good if the Colts hold on in this game.

I didn't type ^fool^, guess the filter didn't like the word I used.

This win could go very badly... I hate to say it but Texans and Jags are winnable. We could end up losing number one pick and keeping the coaching staff.. is that worth it for a couple of wins?

Not worth it at all. Winning 2 games we actually lose a lot.

This win could go very badly... I hate to say it but Texans and Jags are winnable. We could end up losing number one pick and keeping the coaching staff.. is that worth it for a couple of wins?

I'm thinking the same thing. Don't know why all the posters are so excited on this board. It would be just like the Colts to mess up the future with a couple of meaningless wins.

I'm all for #1 pick and drafting Luck. With that said, if we end up winning at the end of the year and lose out on the first pick then I support trading down picking up more picks and grabbing one of the lesser touted qb's later on.

I agree that the last 2 games are winnable and Minnesota is showing no signs of life right now. Regardless of what happens over the next couple of weeks Caldwell and company should be exiled. His conservative playcalling late in the game almost backfired and could have cost us the game today if not for Donald Brown's heroics.

If one win or even a late season flurry of 3 is enough for Caldwell to keep his job then Irsay, Bill Polian and Chris Polian need to be slapped Three Stooges style. Woop, Woop, Woop!

That may be true, but it sure don't make me feel any better if Caldwell is allowed to keep his job.

I still hope Bill and Chris are on board Caldwell's fast train out of town.

They need to be. Caldwell is too conservative for his own good. He came very close to blowing this win due to his ultra conservative play calling in the 4th quarter. If not for a spectacular run by Donald Brown things might have turned out differently today.

How do you turn a COLTS fan into a Manning Fan? Keep Caldfail..........If the end of this season does not mark the end of Caldwell I will find anoter team to pull for after Manning calls it quits. The man is not a HC and the thought of him keeping his job tisses me off in a bad way. The money I and other fans have spent on tickets should count for something!

Caldwell was just dominant today, NOT!!! The Colts are in "let's give away the first pick in the draft" mode at the current moment. Way to go .........at least it makes paying Peyton's "Di-Flemlar" procedure (800k) mush easier for Irsay when we don't have really any choice. Once that procedure is finished in Europe (Switz.) in the off-season, we can all rest easy assuming we don't get LUCK.

You say that like you know he will be keeping his job.......I have to belive that he has proven his worth this year and will be showen the door.

No i do not say it like that, caldwell doesnt deserve to be a coach in this league but i would not be surprised if he still has his job come next season.

I thought that for much of the season the big rip on Caldwell was that he didn't alter the game plan enough to hide the lousy QBs. Today the QB barely passed the ball and the Colts won - yet now Caldwell is "too conservative". You can't have it both ways.

It was a good game plan, well executed, the D made big plays (which by the way, is exactly what Polian said was missing and what they were looking to get back to when they fired the DC) and they came away with the win. What exactly would you like the man to do? (besides disappear so that the celebrity coach de jour can be hired in his place).

The Colts are in "let's give away the first pick in the draft" mode at the current moment. Way to go .........

That's right. They are. As is every other team in the league. That mode is also known as trying-to-win-games mode. Are you suggesting that the Colts should be tanking?

I thought that for much of the season the big rip on Caldwell was that he didn't alter the game plan enough to hide the lousy QBs. Today the QB barely passed the ball and the Colts won - yet now Caldwell is "too conservative". You can't have it both ways.

It was a good game plan, well executed, the D made big plays (which by the way, is exactly what Polian said was missing and what they were looking to get back to when they fired the DC) and they came away with the win. What exactly would you like the man to do? (besides disappear so that the celebrity coach de jour can be hired in his place).

I would have liked for him to have done this weeks ago. A real coach would have done this before the final three weeks of the season. Most teams have legitimate game plans each week and not just one that can be pointed to trying to keep a job. Caldwell is atrocious and needs to be gone. One week does not an NFL coach make...

If we we 3 straight at the tail end of this dismal season, I'll be really impressed. My respect for Jim will go up for sure but this guy still needs to get fired 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 regardless. I don't know about you guys but despite the terrible personnel decisions recently, I still have a lot of respect for the Polians and I have faith they can right this team with a 100% Peyton but keeping Caldwell would be a big hint, to me at least, that they're going to the wrong way.

He won't win the last 3 games (Texans are too good)... He should have been fired a month ago. I guess it would just be a waste of time to fire him and have an interim. It also doesn't send the greatest message to the guys in the locker room.