Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With all these teams releasing RB's.

With some teams releasing some RB's, although most that have been released are old or non productive in past seasons do you think this means RB's are going to be a hot commodity coming up in the draft? If they are should the Colts be pressured into picking one up early? (1st or 2nd)

I can for sure see two to three going in the first round. Yes I know all of te talk about how The RB position has been "devalued" ect. But it is going to change this year in my opinion. If running backs start pouring off the board I feel the Colts should go ahead and attack the position head on and draft one either in the first or second. I don't feel like they can sit back and wait. Only if the running backs start to go quickly. As long as we bolster up the OLine in free agency and we grab a good RB in the draft things will be in an upward direction even if we have other needs the run game getting fixed is still very important. We will also have to see what happens in FA but I think this years offseason is going to be fun to watch.

I don't think if we are building our future trading up for a running back would be the way to do it.

I hope all these teams grab RB's early means some good defensive players are going to fall.

There are going to be good backs available in the later rounds and looks like plenty of FA's to choose from

It's a deep RB class, I think. Even if a few go earlier than usual, there will still back RBs in the mid rounds. No reason to get twitchy and take one out of range. 

I really like that Corey Grant kid you mocked read where he ran a 4.22 unofficially. I don't understand why he didn't see the ball more. Any insight?

I really like that Corey Grant kid you mocked read where he ran a 4.22 unofficially. I don't understand why he didn't see the ball more. Any insight?

Cameron Artis-Payne, primarily. Plus, the QB, Nick Marshall, is a running QB (he's converting to CB in the pros).

Artis-Payne is a decent late round back, also.