Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyvon Branch Released

Tyvon Branch was just released today. He was a really good safety before his injuries, but because of those injuries he hasn't played much at all the last 2 seasons (5 games). He's still young too at just 28. I'm going to go ahead and predict we sign him to a 1year deal. I think we'll sign a playmaker like Rahim Moore to play FS too btw. But if Branch is healthy, he could end up being the biggest steal in free agency. Like Grimes a couple years ago.

Hell I wouldn't mind signing branch on a cheap deal and Moore too

YES, that's what I'm saying. Can you imagine Rahim Moore and Tyvon Branch with Branch being 100%? Could be the best safety duo in the league. Branch will have to sign a fairly cheap 1year deal too so that would make it that much better you know. Getting that production at a cheap price.

I'd love to sign Branch, I'd still give McCourty a call as well though. Re-sign Mike Adams and Sergio Brown and bring in Branch and McCourty and suddenly a huge hole becomes solidified for years.

If we brought in McCourty and Branch I doubt we'd bring Adams back. Brown, yeah definitely. He's gotta be brought back anyway. He's really good on special teams and he's a really good backup too.

If we brought in McCourty and Branch I doubt we'd bring Adams back. Brown, yeah definitely. He's gotta be brought back anyway. He's really good on special teams and he's a really good backup too.

I'd bring back Adams just because of how well he played this year and though older, he could provide great insurance if Branch wasn't ready to go or either of the starters were injured. In addition, he's a good veteran presence for the locker room. 

YES, that's what I'm saying. Can you imagine Rahim Moore and Tyvon Branch with Branch being 100%? Could be the best safety duo in the league. Branch will have to sign a fairly cheap 1year deal too so that would make it that much better you know. Getting that production at a cheap price.

You are kidding when you say they could be the best safety duo in the league... right?

Ever heard of Kam and Earl?

They would be a solid combo, but not near the top.

You are kidding when you say they could be the best safety duo in the league... right?

Ever heard of Kam and Earl?

They would be a solid combo, but not near the top.

Your right. Thomas and Chancellor are going to be the best duo, but Moore and Branch would be right there with them. Do you remember how good Branch is when he's healthy.

I'm seeing a lot of love for Branch.   Not only in this thread but in other threads too.

So,  here's a question:

Why?

Oakland has tons of money,  far more than we do.   They can afford him.   And yet,  despite the fact that he's under 30,  they let him loose.    And he has some injury history.

What's the big deal on this kid?     I'm just not seeing it.

I'm seeing a lot of love for Branch.   Not only in this thread but in other threads too.

So,  here's a question:

Why?

Oakland has tons of money,  far more than we do.   They can afford him.   And yet,  despite the fact that he's under 30,  they let him loose.    And he has some injury history.

He's underperformed on his current contract, and been injured most of the last two years. Guys like that get cut quite often, and occasionally they outperform their next contract. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/23/countering-the-trend-how-branch-shut-down-gronkowski/

^^^^Read that and you'll see why I would be very excited to bring him in on a short deal in hopes that he can bring back that form from a few years ago. I will say if we brought him in, I would expect Manusky to do away with the interchangeable safety scheme. Branch is a box/man coverage safety, Brown is a deep zone safety although he's been competent in man coverage. 

So,  here's a question:

Why?

I guess Oakland's just tired of him not being on the field, and they probably question what he'll be like next season. The thing is, he was one of the best safeties in the league, and he's still young. He's one of the best as far as covering TE's man to man, and we all know that's something we've been lacking. So IMO, it would be a good investment since we're talking about a very cheap 1year deal. Its a risk/reward type signing. Extremely low risk, and the reward could be astronomical if he stays healthy.