Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Hasnt The Coach Been Fired Again?

bap1331

Honestly, there isn't a real reason too. Fire Caldwell and definitely throw any shot at winning a game away, OR keep him in till the season is truly over when your actually able to interview legitement candidates. Firing Caldwell will not get us a win, and does not set us ahead what so ever.

Really though, I think keeping the current staff intact until the last whistle is a benefit for us. If I was on a 0-13 team or w/e were at now, these last 3 weeks, I'd be coaching my butt off to keep my job. This will be were our truly good coaches will prove that even though where 0-13, they deserve to keep there job. So I'm saying, use these last few games to evaluate the remainder of the staff were on the fence about.

So you realy think this team is going to better with a guy like Clyde Christison coaching the last three games rather than Jim Caldwell? I am willing to bet it wouldn't a difference or it would probably be worse because at least Caldwell has head coaching expereince even if he's not very good. I am just against intern coaches as I think they make things worse more than they help things. If the team wasn't playing hard and clearly quit I would be more up for it. They haven't quit they are still playing hard, they just aren't good and firing the coach right now isn't going to make our players better and with only three games left (well two because we aren't going to fire Caldwell tonight) there aren't going to be major meaningful changes made by firing the coach right now.

Off-season is a different story though.

Sorry forgot his name. But we really need to start preparing the team for next season! We need an intern coach or anything!

Lets wipe out the whole staff while we are at it...especially our injury prevention team

You don't even know the coaches name yet you want to hand out bad advice for managing a professional football team?

He knows we're 0-13, and likely ending up, 0-16. He doesn't need to know a hellava lot more!

You don't get ready for next season in the midst of your current season. Franchises that do this are wholly dysfunctional and often reside in the NFL's basement for years and years. i.e. the two loser franchises that had a black Monday during week 13.....Chiefs and Dolphins.

And yes...if he/she (the OP) wishes to offer critique of the Colts, he/she should at least know the HC's name.

"injury prevention team"....what...seriously? WTH is that anyway?

You don't get ready for next season in the midst of your current season. Franchises that do this are wholly dysfunctional and often reside in the NFL's basement for years and years. i.e. the two loser franchises that had a black Monday during week 13.....Chiefs and Dolphins.

And yes...if he/she (the OP) wishes to offer critique of the Colts, he/she should at least know the HC's name.

"injury prevention team"....what...seriously? WTH is that anyway?

being 0-13. I think we have a better chance putting the special teams coach to get us a win. We really have nothing to lose.