5 Worst Players On The Indianapolis Colts Roster

Captain Americolt

http://bleacherrepor...is-colts-roster

1. Jacob Lacey

2. Chris Rucker

3. Joe Lefeged

4. Jerry Hughes

5. Curtis Painter

What do you guys think? Agree with any of those players? Feel like some were left out? etc..

I completely disagree with Rucker. Rucker has done a really nice job this year defending receivers. Look at his numbers vs receivers, they're great! He's far from bad. Hughes has not gotten a chance to prove himself. Painter sucks. Lacey has turned it around in recent weeks and I don't think he deserves that title anymore. Lefeged has two picks this year and he doesn't even start the games. I'm not saying he's great, but he's not horrible. I would put it:

1. Curtis Painter -- Great 2 weeks in Week 4 and Week 5. Been horrible ever since.

2. Jeff Linkenbach -- Having a pole in his place would be better than him

3. Jerry Hughes -- I know he hasn't proven himself, but when he's on the field, he's nowhere to be found.

4. Kevin Thomas -- Horrible on coverages, and has not impressed me one bit. Looking like a bust although he was drafted in the 3rd round, so not a huge one.

5. Kerry Collins -- He's still on the roster, and when he was playing, he had no impact and gave no spark to the offense. Absolutely useless.

None of the actual players on the roster are more of a cancer to the team than these two:

1: Polian.

2: Caldwell. (No. Not called well. AT ALL.)

(The only reason Caldwell isn't #1 is because Polian may as well be HC. Either way, they both stink at it.)

Now after a gap the size of the Grand Canyon, here's five players:

3: Lacey

4: Terrence Johnson (THE CURSE OF TIM JENNINGS #23!) He's more like 3A since he and Lacey are indistinguishable by their level of suck.

5: Linkenbach. (Look n' blagh)

6: Hughes

7: Painter

1. Pat McAfee

2. Adam Vinatieri

3. Dwight Freeney

4. Antoine Bethea

5. Reggie Wayne

Before you start giving me grief about this list, I will have you know that I got this list from Bill Polian himself. So :P

+1

We all know if we had a REAL punter we'd be 13-0 right now. Polian knows best!

Speaking of the best those would be: (Not on IR our out for extended time with injury)

1: Dfree

2: Angerer (Can flip with McAfee)

3: McAfee

(Usually Clark is right behind Freeney..but...not this season. Pat Angerer and Pat McAfee have outperformed all players not named Freeney. One of these is our punter. That is SAD.)

4: Wayne (Can flip with Mathis)

5: Mathis

1. Jacob Lacey

2. Chris Rucker

3. Joe Lefeged

4. Jerry Hughes

5. Curtis Painter

What do you guys think? Agree with any of those players? Feel like some were left out? etc..

While I agree with this post in spirit, imagine how bad the guys who can't even get on the field are. Lefeged and Lacey wouldn't be so bad if they weren't forced to play above their abilities. As nickel/dime players they'd be fine. They just happen to be iffy starters.

1. Pat McAfee

2. Adam Vinatieri

3. Dwight Freeney

4. Antoine Bethea

5. Reggie Wayne

Before you start giving me grief about this list, I will have you know that I got this list from Bill Polian himself. So :P

when I first saw it I was like wth? it helped scrolling all the way down :)

I completely disagree with Rucker. Rucker has done a really nice job this year defending receivers. Look at his numbers vs receivers, they're great! He's far from bad. Hughes has not gotten a chance to prove himself. Painter sucks. Lacey has turned it around in recent weeks and I don't think he deserves that title anymore. Lefeged has two picks this year and he doesn't even start the games. I'm not saying he's great, but he's not horrible. I would put it:

1. Curtis Painter -- Great 2 weeks in Week 4 and Week 5. Been horrible ever since.

2. Jeff Linkenbach -- Having a pole in his place would be better than him

3. Jerry Hughes -- I know he hasn't proven himself, but when he's on the field, he's nowhere to be found.

4. Kevin Thomas -- Horrible on coverages, and has not impressed me one bit. Looking like a bust although he was drafted in the 3rd round, so not a huge one.

5. Kerry Collins -- He's still on the roster, and when he was playing, he had no impact and gave no spark to the offense. Absolutely useless.

While I would agree we cna upgrade the tackle spot over Link he has gotten much better since the start of the season and is VERY good at run blocking which is why he's out there. He's not one of the five worst players on the team. He has become a victum of being a player the fans don't like there for he stinks no matter what he does. Again don't get me wrong I think Link is a good back up at best but I don't think he's one of the five worst players on the team either.

I would have to say the my top 5 would be:

1. Joseph Addai - lack of production / has caught the injury bug and never shook it.

2. Jeff Linkenbach - Unale to hold a block for more than 2 seconds without getting called for holding. Good run blocking but that is only half of the job description.

3. Curtis Painter - Spent 2 years watching P. Manning run this offense and still has no clue what to do.

4. Anthony Gonzalez - Has been in this system for 4 seasons and still cant get a starting position?

5. Jacob Lacey - Unable to keep up with the deep threat receivers and too small to go up after the ball when it is just flung out there.

I could probably go on and make some comments about some of the other stars on this team that have non-productive this season, but you just want the top 5.

1. Jacob Lacey - doesn't get much worse than this guy

2. Curtis Painter - better be gone next year

3. Anthony Gonzalez - might not really be this bad, but for a first round pick he sure isn't very productive

4. Jamey Richard - I think he's still on the roster, and he's easily the worst lineman

5. Bill Polian - dude's gotta go

I don't know why so many of you are putting Linkenbach on the list. He's actually been pretty good this year. I don't recall seeing him give up many sacks or holds. People just love to rip the guy, much like Pollak. Keep in mind he was undrafted and it's his second year, so I'd say we've gotten more than our moneys worth.

While I would agree we cna upgrade the tackle spot over Link he has gotten much better since the start of the season and is VERY good at run blocking which is why he's out there. He's not one of the five worst players on the team. He has become a victum of being a player the fans don't like there for he stinks no matter what he does. Again don't get me wrong I think Link is a good back up at best but I don't think he's one of the five worst players on the team either.

He was a problem last year too, especially in that game at guard (the Jags game I think). The Colts are a pass heavy team, and being bad in the pass protection is not good. In the running game, he doesn't have that big of an impact unless the Colts run to the outside on his side. A guard however is very important (same with Saturday). The runs to Link's side happen 4-5 times a game. The Colts pass the ball 30+ times a game. It's better to be a pass protection first tackle, as those ones are the best ones. I must say, he has gotten a little better, but he still goes on my list.

He was a problem last year too, especially in that game at guard (the Jags game I think). The Colts are a pass heavy team, and being bad in the pass protection is not good. In the running game, he doesn't have that big of an impact unless the Colts run to the outside on his side. A guard however is very important (same with Saturday). The runs to Link's side happen 4-5 times a game. The Colts pass the ball 30+ times a game. It's better to be a pass protection first tackle, as those ones are the best ones. I must say, he has gotten a little better, but he still goes on my list.

Chargers game and yes it was clear he is not a guard. That's why the Colts have not played him there since.

The Colts are trying to get better at running the ball which means you need better run blocking lineman which is why they have been playing more or Link this year and a lot of our big runs this year has come to his side.

Again though I think Link is a decent back up so we are asking more of him than we should be asking him to start. I think the plan was for ijalana to be developed into that poistion but due to Ijalana getting hurt it didn't happen this year eiher.

Look I am not saying at all I think Link is one of the better players on team or even a guy we HAVE to keep. Iam just saying I don't think he's one of the worst five either.

1. Jacob Lacey

2. Chris Rucker

3. Joe Lefeged

4. Jerry Hughes

5. Curtis Painter

I disagree with this list.

1. Jacob Lacey - I agree. Very bad outside corner. I do wonder though if he'd be better if we didn't play our Corners way back like we do.

2. Chris Rucker- I disagree. He may be bad, but that hes the second worst player is definitely overshooting this. He's young, to early

3. Joe Lefeged - Even if hes bad, hes an UDFA so..... To me hes a good back up. Comes in and fills a hole instead of being a weakness.

4. Jerry Hughes - 100% Disagree. We will see next season when Robert isn't resigned that this guy can play. You can't judge him on st's play. Thats just upserd hes on this list.

5. Curtis Painter - I agree.

My list -

1. Curtis Painter

2. Mike Temper

3. Jacob Lacey

4. Jeff Link

5. Gonzo (Because he hasn't played, not because hes bad)

I go with Joe Lefeged #1 overall. We could sign 10,000 different guys the same if not better.

10,000 guys can't get 2 interceptions and have a 50+ return. He ain't Godly, but I don't know why everyone thinks he's bad. He's pretty good for a rookie, and keep him mind he's a backup.

The same with Gonzo. I don't know why everyone doesn't like Gonzo. He's still good. Even Polian said it himself, "he's still the old Gonzo, but then he gets injured." His rookie year was brilliant, and I can name 15 players that are not as skilled as him. He has talent, and if given the chance to start (with PM) can put up some pretty good numbers.

My votes would be (in no order):

Kevin Bently

Zac Diles

Jermone Felton

Jermale Hines

Brandon King

Well I don't think we've seen enough from either of these guys to dub them as the worst. Actually Zac Diles was a solid starter in Houston, recording 225 tackles in 3 seasons. He has talent and I personally think he's better Edds and other special teamers like that. This kid can start for us and do a nice job. He's here to stay as I can't say the same about the other newfs.

Well I don't think we've seen enough from either of these guys to dub them as the worst. Actually Zac Diles was a solid starter in Houston, recording 225 tackles in 3 seasons. He has talent and I personally think he's better Edds and other special teamers like that. This kid can start for us and do a nice job. He's here to stay as I can't say the same about the other newfs.

Being a good player with the Texans doesn't sell me on him here. We'll see what he does.

Hasn't he only been on the roster for 2 weeks? I need to look into this either way, but we didn't see him in the Panthers game for sure.

That would have been three weeks ago, I know we tried him at least once in the Ravens game (well at least one of the fullbacks) and he got blown up.

Odds are he's been playing on the Special Teams and no one on our Special Teams out side of the kickers and Snow impresses me.

I'd agree it's hard to judge fullbacks because we only see them a handful of plays a game. So he might not be fair to put on the list. I could be talked into Hughes or Painter over him. Although I think Hughes has more to do with being out poistion I think he's a 3-4 linebacker not a 4-3 end.

That would have been three weeks ago, I know we tried him at least once in the Ravens game (well at least one of the fullbacks) and he got blown up.

Odds are he's been playing on the Special Teams and no one on our Special Teams out side of the kickers and Snow impresses me.

I'd agree it's hard to judge fullbacks because we only see them a handful of plays a game. So he might not be fair to put on the list. I could be talked into Hughes or Painter over him. Although I think Hughes has more to do with being out poistion I think he's a 3-4 linebacker not a 4-3 end.

Yes an no... I mean, when I think about the difference in an OLB in the 3-4 and a 4-3 DE, one rushes every down. Your saying that he'd be better only rushing sometimes, or just that he won't be used to his full potential just by rushing every down and not seeing any coverage in there?

Yes an no... I mean, when I think about the difference in an OLB in the 3-4 and a 4-3 DE, one rushes every down. Your saying that he'd be better only rushing sometimes, or just that he won't be used to his full potential just by rushing every down and not seeing any coverage in there?

I think 4-3 ends need to be a little bigger than 3-4 linebackers and like anything there is a difference when you either start in lineman stance or start standing straight up. When I watch Hughes I have seen improvement this year (all be it not enough) but he just doesn't look like he's comfortable at all lining up in a lineman stance. I am not sure what they used at TCU I've heard both but it could be he's just not good coming off the line.