Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible eagles trade

Colts_Fan12

If you can trade a guy who wasn't even very good last year and Foles, who is a known mediocre commodity, for Mariota who you see as a franchise player and game breaker? You do it.

I don't think Mariota is gonna be that great he like Manziel has trouble reading defenses and has played in the spread offense and Foles is a starter in the NFL and McCoy is an amazing back Idc what happened last season

I don't think Mariota is gonna be that great he like Manziel has trouble reading defenses and has played in the spread offense and Foles is a starter in the NFL and McCoy is an amazing back Idc what happened last season

Dallas happened. Otherwise Sanchez probably would have been able to keep the playoff hopes alive.

Injuries happened. The Eagles all-star offensive line was in shambles. Their center, RG, and a tackle missed much of the seasons due to injuries. Not sure about the tackle, but im positive about the RG and C. An honest comparison would be putting McCoy behind the Colts O-line. It was not a pretty site

Nick Foles and McCoy, plus Philly's #1 at 20 (I assume), for the #2 overall? I'm not 100% sure that would be enough. Look at what the Bills had to give up last year just to move up for Watkins, and that was only a few spots.

oh they would have to give up more picks too I'm sure

Injuries happened. The Eagles all-star offensive line was in shambles. Their center, RG, and a tackle missed much of the seasons due to injuries. Not sure about the tackle, but im positive about the RG and C

that's true that's not gonna help shady at all he's still an elite RB

Nick Foles and McCoy, plus Philly's #1 at 20 (I assume), for the #2 overall? I'm not 100% sure that would be enough. Look at what the Bills had to give up last year just to move up for Watkins, and that was only a few spots. 

The problem is that the Titans seem to be OK with Mettinburg. However, if they could get a trading partner, someone like the Bills and pick up the Bills second rounder for Foles I could see it. Rumor is that Clevland wants to get into the #2 spot and they have 2 #1 picks to dangle..

yeah I just wanted to know what people thought about the idea of Foles and McCoy being involved

Ah, OK. 

I don't think anyone really knows about Foles at this point. He obviously regressed when he did play last year. Not sure if another team will want to take a chance there. With McCoy, I'm thinking he'll have a bit of a bounce-back year... I think 2014 was more of an anomaly for him. He's just too good to fall off like that. 

I'm not sure about each guy's contract situation, which would also play into it. 

The problem is that the Titans seem to be OK with Mettinburg. However, if they could get a trading partner, someone like the Bills and pick up the Bills second rounder for Foles I could see it. Rumor is that Clevland wants to get into the #2 spot and they have 2 #1 picks to dangle..

I think Tennessee is probably better off staying away from either of the two top QBs in this draft. Personally I'm not sold on either of them. You make a mistake at that position and it sets you back years. Better to auction off that pick to the highest bidder. 

Someone like Foles would be great for the Bills. If he could recapture his 2013 form they'd be dangerous. 

Cleveland... man, they'll manage to screw it up. Somehow. LOL... 

If I thought he was going to an elite franchise QB I would definitely give up Foles and McCoy to trade up ... depending on if any and what other additional compensation was required.

I personally am not a Mariota fan, but if the Eagles think he is "the guy" than Foles is expendable, and as great as McCoy is this would be a good year to grab another RB.

Having Peyton and Luck might have caused us to be a bit more stingy about what we "think" it is worth giving to move up for a potential franchise QB.

Mariota is ready to step confidently into one system at this moment. Chip Kelly's.  His scheme and playbook is largely known.  Mariota will still have to get some under center experience and start reading defense alignments and tendencies.  But the bulk of Chip Kelly's offense would be handled by one of the best that ever ran it.  Kelly himself said Mariota was the most talented kid he coached in college.

I, personally, do not feel Mariota is skilled enough in reading defenses and going through progressions and taking snaps from under center to be very successful his first year.  The speed of the game will force him to run more than he or his coaches would like.  Face it, when you can run fast, and trouble appears, you are going to use your skill.  For Mariota, that is not knowing where the check down is supposed to be located, but his wheels will always be there.  I do feel if he stays injury free, he will learn those skills and become quite a decent QB in short order.

Winston OTOH, is much more ready for the pro style offense, but his past is a red flag.  If he matures quickly, he can become excellent, IMHO.  For some reason, I see a less athletic Steve McNair with a touch of Doug Williams in him.

If I thought he was going to an elite franchise QB I would definitely give up Foles and McCoy to trade up ... depending on if any and what other additional compensation was required.

I personally am not a Mariota fan, but if the Eagles think he is "the guy" than Foles is expendable, and as great as McCoy is this would be a good year to grab another RB.

Having Peyton and Luck might have caused us to be a bit more stingy about what we "think" it is worth giving to move up for a potential franchise QB.

Im with you not a fan of Mariota IMO Foles is more franchise material then him but i guess he would be goin to chips stupid system that don't require much talent tho

Francesa said last month if Mariota falls to the Jets they should trade the pick for Philly's 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and Foles. He also said the Jets should trade for Glennon, not at the same time but one or the other.

Francesa loves Glennon. Foles is better.

Bad idea. What will they give up to get up there? A ton I would imagine. And I am not sure Mariotta is a QB that can really succeed in the NFL but he would do a good job with Chip in his offense but you don't want to give up the house to get him.

I'd assume they'd give Foles, McCoy, a 2016 1st, and probably a 2015 2nd. McCoy is replaceable. People don't realize that Kelly is like Belicheik. He has a system that works. And like BB, all he needs is an offensive line and a franchise QB to complete the system.

Although they could use some corners. They'll be fine

I'd assume they'd give Foles, McCoy, a 2016 1st, and probably a 2015 2nd. McCoy is replaceable. People don't realize that Kelly is like Belicheik. He has a system that works. And like BB, all he needs is an offensive line and a franchise QB to complete the system.

Although they could use some corners. They'll be fine

McCoy is replaceable?

You think McCoy became good when Chip Kelly arrived?

McCoy is replaceable?

You think McCoy became good when Chip Kelly arrived?

No. But you don't think Kelly could be good without McCoy? People said the same thing about DeSean and they got along just fine without him. It's about the system, not the player. Everyone cursed the Cowboys for trading away Herschel Walker and that turned out good.

No. But you don't think Kelly could be good without McCoy? People said the same thing about DeSean and they got along just fine without him. It's about the system, not the player. Everyone cursed the Cowboys for trading away Herschel Walker and that turned out good.

For Kelly,  it's about the system,  AND the player.

I think McCoy is special and I think Kelly knows that.    If there is a trade-up for Mariotta,  I think Kelly would rather give up picks than a special RB.

For Kelly,  it's about the system,  AND the player.

I think McCoy is special and I think Kelly knows that.    If there is a trade-up for Mariotta,  I think Kelly would rather give up picks than a special RB.

If I understand this scenario correctly, the Eagles would trade up with the Redskins at number 5 to get Mariota before the Jets take him at 6. Is that right?

I can't imagine the Eagles giving what would take a boat load of picks to move up there to a division rival. And I agree that the draft pick starved Skins would want picks not players and Kelly would  not deal McCoy.

Also, why wouldn't the Skins take him at 5? They need a QB.

If I was a team without a QB I would def. take Foles and McCoy for a high pick.  

I'm starting to feel like Mariota is going to be a bust.  When they are talking about how he needs to develop in the pocket, that's a scary sign for me.  Because there are a lot of players coming out of college that have needed development in the pocket and they didn't even mention it.  

If I where the Titans I would be on the phone NOW offering to swap 1st round picks for Foles and McCoy.  They might not be able to pull the trigger on the trade til they know for sure that Tampa takes Winston, but they can get an agreement in principal that the trade can be triggered when/if Winston is taken at #1.

I'm not big on spread quarterbacks...at least I think they need time to develope but if Kelly thinks Mariota is a star he is worth every bit Mccoy and Foyles....every bit. Honestly we would have given up all our picks to get Luck if we had to. I think if you tie your ship to Mariotta then thats the coach's decision but I don't think a star running back is nearly as hard to find or at least replace their production through a couple backs then a star qb. You trade him and you don't look back...especially if the runner has already started to show signs of slowing down.