Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

melvin gordon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, that's literally what you said. 

its not like what I said was wrong. there are no other players from wisconson, but gordon. you guys make them sound like instant hall of famers and yet I dont see one. not saying their bad, but the way you guys are making them sound is what im referring to

That's such a fallacious argument. How many power backs have we had aside from Trent in the last 3 years? 

Ballard though he is a bit more shifty then he is likely to run you over...But he has that power to do so...Or had pre injuries, I cant even bring myself to call Richardson a power back right now....But that's a different discussion for a different day, Something about constantly being ankle tackled does not scream power back

its not like what I said was wrong. there are no other players from wisconson, but gordon. you guys make them sound like instant hall of famers and yet I dont see one. not saying their bad, but the way you guys are making them sound is what im referring to

They're the best offensive line in the country. That's all that matters. 

So your examples of two power backs who failed behind our line is the arguable worst runner of the modern era and a late round draft pick who carries the ball 30 times in 2012? 

Well in defense I think that was more cause ol' boy had a fascination of running without the football...He showed he had power.....Right before he fumbled the ball

Yeah, that's not true. Ballard, Bradshaw, Herron, and Brown are/were not scat backs. 

youre gonna tell me bradshaw brown and boom are not scat backs? what type of backs are they then for their size and running style because their sure not power backs

youre gonna tell me bradshaw brown and boom are not scat backs? what type of backs are they then for their sizes because their sure not power backs

They're regular runningbacks. They're all normal sized players. 

Brown - 5'11" 210 lbs

Bradshaw - 5'10" 215 lbs

Herron - 5'11" 215 lbs

such a great o-line, why dont I see any wisconson lineman in the first round?

Really dude you don't know much about college ball or the draft do you? How many G's or C's do you see going in the first round period?

Here is some light reading to help you out. Basically explains 6 of last 10 drafts no C's were taken in the first 3 of the last 10 no G's in the first round. O Linemen in the first are usually T's. By the way one of the first round C's Travis Frederick maybe you have heard of him was from you guessed it Wisconsin.  

Wisconsin is putting an O lineman in the NFL again this year I believe their 9th in the last 7 years. A guy named Havenstein probably go somewhere between 2-4 round depending on what site you look at.  I wouldn't mind getting him in the late. He had a rough combine think he could slip. He played RT paved the way for a lot of MG3's runs.

The Big 10 is traditionally a power conference not really known for speeed. O Line has a lot to do with continuity and scheme as much as it does talent Wisconsin is good at all.

Keep an eye out next year the Badgers  C Voltz and T Marz are both expected to be drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8112f10c/article/some-littleknown-facts-about-guardscenters-in-the-draft

I'd be willing to bet that what Gurley does with the Pats would be significantly more then what he would do with the Colts...ya know he would not be used a lone Back in our system........That's before you take into account our O Lines inept run blocking to this point, He would more likely get that chance with the Patriots if he landed there (I don't think he will)

All depends on what Grigs does to improve the line, what Pep does to improve the schemes and show more commitment to the run, and how the Oline coaches coach up the blocking.  Honestly I believe they play by committee because they really don't have anyone who is good enough to be "The Guy".  I don't think if we had Gurley we would play a RBBC.  Honestly I think if Richardson was good as we expected him to be we would have scrapped the RBBC and played things the same way Baltimore used Ray Rice by giving the starting back the lions share of the carries taking him out only for a breather or two.

Really dude you don't know much about college ball or the draft do you? How many G's or C's do you see going in the first round period?

Here is some light reading to help you out. Basically explains 6 of last 10 drafts no C's were taken in the first 3 of the last 10 no G's in the first round. O Linemen in the first are usually T's. By the way one of the first round C's Travis Frederick maybe you have heard of him was from you guessed it Wisconsin.  

Wisconsin is putting an O lineman in the NFL again this year I believe their 9th in the last 7 years. A guy named Havenstein probably go somewhere between 2-4 round depending on what site you look at.  I wouldn't mind getting him in the late. He had a rough combine think he could slip. He played RT paved the way for a lot of MG3's runs.

The Big 10 is traditionally a power conference not really known for speeed. O Line has a lot to do with continuity and scheme as much as it does talent Wisconsin is good at all.

Keep an eye out next year the Badgers  C Voltz and T Marz are both expected to be drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8112f10c/article/some-littleknown-facts-about-guardscenters-in-the-draft

did frederick block for gordon? no centers by position. a lot of centers turn to guards when they get to the nfl. and since when does being a tackle mean you dont need to run block? youre gonna tell me gordon has never ran between the guard and tackle or outside the tackle?

did frederick block for gordon? no centers by position. a lot of centers turn to guards when they get to the nfl. and since when does being a tackle mean you dont need to run block? youre gonna tell me gordon has never ran between the guard and tackle or outside the tackle?

y

You are all over the place you asked why Wisconsin did not have any first round linemen in the draft I explained it. I really don't care enough about MG3 to continue this We will see soon enough

y

You are all over the place you asked why Wisconsin did not have any first round linemen in the draft I explained it. I really don't care enough about MG3 to continue this We will see soon enough

if you didnt care, then you shouldnt have commented. oh wells that fair enough

There is no hate on him. RB is the least important position on either side of the ball.

this is way off bro.  RB is one of the more important positions, after QB, and LT, RB is next possibly tied with WR1.  i didn't make this up, it came straight from polians mouth at the combine.  other GMs feel the same

the reason GMs have shied away from drafting them is because they tend to be injury prone and have shorter careers than other positions.

this is way off bro.  RB is one of the more important positions, after QB, and LT, RB is next possibly tied with WR1.  i didn't make this up, it came straight from polians mouth at the combine.  other GMs feel the same

the reason GMs have shied away from drafting them is because they tend to be injury prone and have shorter careers than other positions.

Yeah.....there's a reason Polian got fired. 

polian's view on running backs is so outdated it's embarrassing

Melvin G had the worst QB situation in the NCAA, after IU....      and he still dominated.     He makes a lot out of a bunch of nothing.    Go back and watch him he really is talented. 

Gordon, Coleman, Gurley ...      throw them in a hat as far as I'm concerned.        I'd glady take any of them...   But Gurley in the first scares the hell out of me..

And Indy could not go wrong with AA, Duke, Johnson, AJA...     Cobb in later rounds...   third maybe...

I don't think the QB play has much to do with it. Nebraska never had a passing game and dominated rushing yards in the 80s and 90s simply because of an overpowering O line, even when teams put ten in the box.

Gordon is pretty fast. Can get to the edge before the LB and S can, and can run fast through any hole. He's the perfect college RB for a team with a stout Oline.

Melvin G had the worst QB situation in the NCAA, after IU.... and he still dominated. He makes a lot out of a bunch of nothing. Go back and watch him he really is talented.

Gordon, Coleman, Gurley ... throw them in a hat as far as I'm concerned. I'd glady take any of them... But Gurley in the first scares the hell out of me..

And Indy could not go wrong with AA, Duke, Johnson, AJA... Cobb in later rounds... third maybe...

He still had one of, if not, the best OL's in the country. Nebraska's QB situation wasn't much better with Armstong and their OL wasn't even close to what Wisky had. I Gordon is good, but is being overhyped. It's no coincidence that Gurley, even with his ACL injury, is rated equally with Gordon.