Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• TY won't fetch a ton given his injury history the last two years. He'd absolutely get a contract from a lot of teams, but teams won't be knocking down the door to give up a 1R pick for him right now. And especially with this year's WR class.
    • I've said there are several kinds of leadership..... I can provide a pretty good breakdown of multiple seminars if you'd like, or the key ingredients from a few proven sports "leaders", but you'd just try to pull it apart like above lol and it would be a waste of time.   In short, some lead by performing, some lead by work habits, some lead by taking on a governing type persona (vocal about accountability), plus others, etc. etc.., and many a combination. And there are personality types within those leadership types. Some are just charismatic, some are ballers, some are authoritarians, some are Laissez-faire, and many more.... And there are leaders in every unit or position group.    Not sure what type of leadership JB provides, but we've heard he's vocal. I'd bet he has good work habits too. What we know is in a lot of games, he's not providing leadership by performance, which in sport is just as important. He may be leading by example in some ways in practice and in the locker room, but failing on the field at times. And as you know in sports, respect must be earned, and some players (personality types) don't give it (respect) unless the performance is there. And then there's experience and age....  All those things go together to make a "leader"...    And we all know teams take on identities, and a lot of time that identity comes from one side of the ball or one unit. Ray Lewis was the unquestioned leader and identity of the Ravens for many years and he wasn't a QB.   In terms of all things Colts, doubt the D needs much from him, so lets talk O.... I really doubt the OL needs much of anything from JB. Nelson and AC certainly don't. Nelson has been an alpha his entire life, was early on at ND, and is probably more of an external team O identity than JB currently. I'll take his NJ-esque, sumo looking, Taekwondo doing, A$$-kicking style and identity any day. He's not letting any one in the OL unit slack or go half speed. Doubt the RBs need a lot from JB.   The WRs, they probably need more than anyone. And honestly how do you think they view JB when they are working very hard to get open, are running wide open, yet JB fails to see them or are unwilling to throw it to them? How much respect do you give to a guy who probably preaches "do your job" to everyone, yet makes it hard for them to do their job.   In short, give me a guy that performs. Most successful QBs in college have a level of leadership quality or they wouldn't have done well leading their colleges. And... Those that weren't ideal leaders in college, but still did well (like Kelly), only prove you don't need it to be QB.    And finally, bottom line, right now the whole "leadership" conversation, regardless of importance, is being used as a deflection from talking about his deficiencies, and a reason not to upgrade/improve... 
    • I couldn’t find a video of this and the sound isn’t good. Your going to have to turn it  up. He is saying Love could turn into a better nfl QB then Burrow. I think he is mostly saying it’s because Love will to a better organization. This is exactly why you have to really be careful with QB from really big schools. There is so much talent around them it’s hard to judge just how good they really are.    
    • Yeah okay... My body or any of that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now if you would like to get back on topic I’d be gladly to discuss that with you. However let’s me see a picture of you if you want to discuss body fat. 
  • Members

• dw49

dw49 3,111

• EastStreet

EastStreet 2,561

• Mick12Maher

Mick12Maher 64

• MFT5

MFT5 408

• esmort

esmort 1,594

• John Waylon