Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deangelo Williams and Chris Johnson

Both would be a MAJOR upgrade over what we have, and both we could get for what we would have paid Trent Richardson. Add another back in say the 3ed round and we're all set at RB. Williams would be a great back, he can catch out of the backfield as well..

I'll take both with a upgrade to the offensive line. No matter who we bring in, the offensive line has to be fixed. Not even the great Barry Sanders could run behind this line

:colts:

You guys keep saying this ,but if the great ahmad bradshaw can run behind this line, then I imagine barry could scrape out a few yards also. Bradshaw did it two yrs in a row before getting injured. It's been right there in front of everyones eyes to see but few recognize this. The line has improved, it's not great by any means but a great back can run behind it. Good backs look for holes,  great backs look for a crease.If you want to fix the run, you can try to get five good linemen to grow together and gel, ala Dallas,  or you can get a decent line together and get a special back. There are a few special ones in this draft. If we get one of them our offense will soar, thats all we're missing on offense. Your not gonna get that guy in the third round or later as many posters keep spouting off about! These type runners in the top of this  draft are rare to come by. We should grab one and not look back. Just because Trent didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't the right move, right move wrong player, lets get it right this time!

I'll take both with a upgrade to the offensive line. No matter who we bring in, the offensive line has to be fixed. Not even the great Barry Sanders could run behind this line

:colts:

We can always count on a new thread every time some team cuts an overpriced, overrated over-the-hill player.  Some day I expect to see:

OP: Team X just cut the back-up long snapper's grandma who cooks the hot dogs at the concession stand!

Response: OMG! We need her! We could sign her to a three year deal and she'd only be a $9MM cap hit...and she'd be an upgrade over Trent Richardson!