Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release DT Ricky Jean-Francois (merge)

UKColt13

Raw skill to be a rotational guy, yes. But you have to also remember that Redding might retire as well. If he does, you need a starter at DE immediately.

Depending on what kind of shape Kerr comes in and how this draft unfolds that could be Kerr with a rotational 3-4 DE to compete with him from FA , I don't foresee a big name FA to be brought in, I actually think Redding plays another year to chase another ring

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a sustained running game makes us 38+ points better in the AFC Championship? Really? It may have helped but no where near 38+ points worth. 

Well there is no way to know really, you would need to use the principles of chaos theory to develop a formula to determine the magnitude of one change.

Of course I did not say they would have definitely won the game only that they would have had a chance.

Well there is no way to know really, you would need to use the principles of chaos theory to develop a formula to determine the magnitude of one change.

Of course I did not say they would have definitely won the game only that they would have had a chance.

You so just reminded me of Geoff Goldblum in Jurrasic Park right there.

tumblr_lmej0wVDvi1qfsk6co1_500.jpg

Hmmmm......principles of chaos theory........freaking great name for a band.

POCT

when was the last time the patriots gave a FA a big contract not named wilfork or brady? they let go of players all the time. welker,seymour,mankins,moss,spikes, talib

Last year to Revis....and that worked out pretty good! The way Bill runs his defense...Revis and Mccourtey are pretty important for them to be successful. Wilfork can be replaced. I'm not sure Revis can and still be as effective.

I didn't think he would get released. That said I expected us to be looking for an upgrade at the DE position to replace Redding so I don't know if this means Redding is coming back to be our backup or what. That said he wasn't giving us the production we were paying him for. Wasn't a bad player but I think we all envisioned more. Not the worst signing...but at least it seems we are committed to upgrading the team and mediocrity won't be accepted.

Who?

like who?

Seriously?

Byron Maxwell (SEA), Parrish Cox (SF), Chris Culliver (SF) and Shareece Wright (SD) are all younger and healthier options who are on par with Toler and they all play their fair share of press man.

Id take Cromartie (ARI), Tramon Williams (GB) and Antione Cason (BAL) over Toler right now.

I hope and wish we could pick up Brandon Flowers (SD) though. He's only had 1 down year and that was due to injury. Beside that he's silently been amongst the best corners in the game.

Ricky Jean Francois lines up visits

...Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he’s lined up visits with the 49ers and Redskins.

Signed with Washington, three years, $9m, $4m guaranteed. Incentives can take it to $11.25m.

Signed with Washington, three years, $9m, $4m guaranteed. Incentives can take it to $11.25m.

Ricky Jean Francois signed a 3-yr deal with Redskins. Deal is for $9mil, with $4mil guaranteed. Total value with incentives $11.25M.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

February 26, 2015

The new GM has a well established reputation as one of the best judges of talent in the NFL.   He was out of the league for a year or two due to personal issues.   Teams paid him to judge talent they were interested in.    He did just fine.

And if he likes RJF it makes me wonder.

-- Did the Colts not want him back at any price?

-- Did the Colts want him, but at a number lower than what Washington was willing to pay?

If most any other team had picked up RJF,  I might not have thought twice.   But with the new GM at Washington,  I confess it gives me pause for what went down here...

The new GM has a well established reputation as one of the best judges of talent in the NFL. He was out of the league for a year or two due to personal issues. Teams paid him to judge talent they were interested in. He did just fine.

And if he likes RJF it makes me wonder.

-- Did the Colts not want him back at any price?

-- Did the Colts want him, but at a number lower than what Washington was willing to pay?

If most any other team had picked up RJF, I might not have thought twice. But with the new GM at Washington, I confess it gives me pause for what went down here...

You just connected a dot I had missed. McCloughan was the Niners GM when they drafted RJF in 2009. Of course he likes him. I was wondering why Washington jumped at him. Now it makes more sense.

Maybe if he was with the Niners in 2013, RJF wouldn't have been a free agent at all.

You just connected a dot I had missed. McCloughan was the Niners GM when they drafted RJF in 2009. Of course he likes him. I was wondering why Washington jumped at him. Now it makes more sense.

Maybe if he was with the Niners in 2013, RJF wouldn't have been a free agent at all.

Not only did he help put together the SF roster,  but he also helped with the Seattle roster as well.

He got lots of glowing letters of recommendation as he was looking for good jobs back in the NFL.

He's viewed by others as a guy with a razor sharp eye for talent.

His problem?    He apparently cared too much.   Didn't like firing people.   Took it personally and went out and developed a bad drinking problem.    Suffered in silence and solitary.    So,  he got out of football on a day to day level and worked mostly out of his home.

Teams hired him on retainer.   $75k a year for his opinion/advice.   A number of teams were happy to hire him for his insight.

And now, he's apparently clean and sober and back in the game.    I got all this from a long ESPN story on him.   I don't know this guy at all,  but I'm really pulling for him.   And it appears that many inside the NFL walls are as well.

I like stories of redemption.    Hope he does well with Daniel Snyder.....   (Yikes!)

Redskins can get it right if Snyder let's the new GM take over all personnel decisions like Irsay did with Grigson but just sign the checks

Redskins are gonna be nice in a year or 2. They got the right pieces in place in the office, now just gotta get it right on the field

Not only did he help put together the SF roster,  but he also helped with the Seattle roster as well.

He got lots of glowing letters of recommendation as he was looking for good jobs back in the NFL.

He's viewed by others as a guy with a razor sharp eye for talent.

His problem?    He apparently cared too much.   Didn't like firing people.   Took it personally and went out and developed a bad drinking problem.    Suffered in silence and solitary.    So,  he got out of football on a day to day level and worked mostly out of his home.

Teams hired him on retainer.   $75k a year for his opinion/advice.   A number of teams were happy to hire him for his insight.

And now, he's apparently clean and sober and back in the game.    I got all this from a long ESPN story on him.   I don't know this guy at all,  but I'm really pulling for him.   And it appears that many inside the NFL walls are as well.

I like stories of redemption.    Hope he does well with Daniel Snyder.....   (Yikes!)

Yeah, I liked the guy before that ESPN story. It was weird when the Niners fired him right before the 2010 draft. That's when I started paying attention to what he had done, and was doing. And like you said, his fingerprints are all over the Seattle roster as well.

I didn't pay much attention to cap management back then; didn't really understand it at all. So I don't know how he is at handling the cap, structuring contracts and whatnot. That can be an issue when you work for Dan Snyder. But his eye for talent is well respected around the league. He just needs to take care of himself.