Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release DT Ricky Jean-Francois (merge)

UKColt13

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah, a bunch of the guys that everyone is going ga-ga over right now won't leave their current teams. There's another group that will have a destination set well before free agency starts. That's every year, though.

Very true. We never know what Grigs has in mind that's for sure. He will more than likely come out of left field with something. At least he is attempting to shake things up.

I don't see any reason we cant make a few splash signings and still have plenty of room to re-sign Luck, Hilton, Fleener, and Castanzo. The cap's going to keep going up, it will be like 10mill higher this year than just like 2 years ago. We can definitely sign say Iupati, Fairley, and McCourty in free agency and be perfectly fine I would think

They are probably preparing for the luck contract more than anything. I don't see them going after the big price tag player in free agency to strap u in a year or 2. That said I would like to see them get cb maxwell, knighton, 1 other d-lineman like suh but he will b to pricey, pass rusher since Mathis took a set back and werner sux.

A little surprised that we did it this early, I figured Trent would go first an d then Thomas before they cut RJF....man this is interesting so far for an offseason that really hasn't gotten fully underway yet, March 10 thru the 15th especially will be interesting

If the Colts came calling for Terrance Knighton I think he would give our offer quite a bit of weight.

Yes he was with Del Rio before, but the Raiders will not sniff the playoffs much.  Come to the Colts

and you'll be playing in December and January every year.

^^^ I agree,  we may lose out on some players in a bidding war especially if the other team is willing to ridiculously overpay.  But, some people act like we are at a disadvantage when competing for FA's; where I would argue we are actually one of the preferred destinations ... A top QB, perennial playoffs/SB contender, and a coach that players seem to love, etc ....

Ahmad Bradshaw is our best RB when healthy. See what I just did there?

The difference is Toler was healthy all year and played 92% of the defensive snaps (3rd most on the defense)  Bradshaw on the other hand, it was a surprise that he lasted as long as he did and still only played 33% of the snaps.

I wish Bradhshaw could stay healthy.  I think, with him, the Colts would have had a shot at beating the Pats.

The difference is Toler was healthy all year and played 92% of the defensive snaps (3rd most on the defense)  Bradshaw on the other hand, it was a surprise that he lasted as long as he did and still only played 33% of the snaps.

I wish Bradhshaw could stay healthy.  I think, with him, the Colts would have had a shot at beating the Pats.

How does Bradshaw fix the run defense?

We are going to rebuild our trenches. My guess is we're going to get a starter 5 tech in free agency, because chapman is staying. I would also say we get another rotational end, although I can't think of any out there in free agency that won't demand a lot of money. After being on the Perryman wagon, I actually prefer kendricks at the Mike with jackson.

getting Revis is a complete waste of money and way too much tied up in CBs and we also have to save for our FAs next year

we have the money. how is it a waste? you do realize with both corners not only will our coverage get better, but so would our pass rush

sure lets just sign someone that will demand a huge contract like everyone wants

That's what your proposing... Fairley has played with a great Dline his whole career and is bound to get overpaid. He doesn't fit the scheme and is coming off a season ending injury. I would MUCH rather have Dan Williams, Terrance Knighton, Jared Odrick, Cedrick Thorton for cheaper.