Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release DT Ricky Jean-Francois (merge)

UKColt13

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most excited I've felt for a free agency period in a long time. I really feel like Grigson is gonna act relentless in free agency. I'm very excited! Get it done Grigs!

I agree. I think he'll go hard after guys like Iupati or Franklin, McCourty or Moore, Fairley, and maybe a NT like Williams or Knighton.

Im very excited to see who we jump on this offseason Grigs has shown the proven ability to find talent via trade, draft, and the CFL. I'll say this i think we are going all out this year to get a super bowl.

I will look for dramatic improvements on the DL, NT, and OLB positions

Surprised didn't think they would do it yes he has under performed to the contract only because they over paid him, but he has played well better this last year. I thought they would try to re do a deal with him for lower money? We are getting thin on the DL! If Redding retire oh boy!! I think they are clearing room to sign Luck to a new deal JMO!

I'm starting to think that it's going to be a few FA's..

One might be Wilfork if Pats let him go. I wonder if he'd be worth it. He's good. It might not cost as much as other DL too

Suh, too much

Fairly likely resigns with detroit

Ngata looks like he will resign with ravens

Knighten will end up in Oakland with dell rio

I'm starting to think that it's going to be a few FA's..

One might be Wilfork if Pats let him go. I wonder if he'd be worth it. He's good. It might not cost as much as other DL too

Suh, too much

Fairly likely resigns with detroit

Ngata looks like he will resign with ravens

Knighten will end up in Oakland with dell rio

Well, yeah, a bunch of the guys that everyone is going ga-ga over right now won't leave their current teams. There's another group that will have a destination set well before free agency starts. That's every year, though.

They are not cutting Toler, IMO.

Toler going nowhere the other 2, hummmm probably.

That wont happen I wouldn't think. Toler was pretty good last year for the most part. I would be fine with it though if we replaced him with a guy like Maxwell for about the same contract. Maxwell's going to get more than 14 million though most likely.

we save 5 mil cutting an average player and can go after revis. whos gonna throw on davis and revis

55 mil if we cut toler too

That wont happen I wouldn't think. Toler was pretty good last year for the most part. I would be fine with it though if we replaced him with a guy like Maxwell for about the same contract. Maxwell's going to get more than 14 million though most likely.

In that case, this move was a no brainer.

Never any question that he was overpaid. I just thought they'd give him a chance to win his spot on the roster during camp. They probably didn't want to run the risk that he'd get hurt, and they'd be stuck paying him. I also wonder if they asked him to reduce his salary, and he said no. 

This gives me a feeling Grigson's about to give it hell in free agency. I'm getting pretty excited. Bring in some studs baby. He's knows we aren't many pieces away unlike in his 1st offseason, so we'll sign some really good players I think.

Be prepared for the "Colts overpaid so'n'so" forum members.

Its gonna be exciting and frustrating to debate on here for a month or so.

This hints that Grigson will never EVER make the mistakes he made in 2013. I sense that from now on when it comes to FA, he will sign Big Name players and proven players. I'm liking that he is admitting his mistakes.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/3/29/4141686/grading-the-indianapolis-colts-2013-free-agent-moves

players from 2013 still on the team- Hasslebeck, Toler, Walden,Cherilus, and Thomas kind of. It's funny that Walden is a 'dumb' signing but he is still on the team.