Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Many Wish The Colts To Be 0-16?

oldunclemark

Draft picks are an unknown quanity.....Luck could be Ryan Leaf..or just Carson Palmer

..as is the confidence of young players...like Brown (a 1st rounder) and Conner.....(a 7th rounder0

you cant measure that....you cant answer that..

The No. 2 choice is just as good as No.1 except for 1 player

Let me reword... what has the better chance of benefiting us more in the long term, getting the opportunity to pick (or trade for the world) the most excitable rookie since Peyton Manning, or winning some literally meaningless games? Sure the wins would be nice and I'd like nothing more than to see us win but let's think rationally. If Luck lives up to his hype, even half way to his hype, we will win many more games in the future than two against broken teams at the end of a horrible season.

Draft picks are an unknown quanity.....Luck could be Ryan Leaf..or just Carson Palmer

..as is the confidence of young players...like Brown (a 1st rounder) and Conner.....(a 7th rounder0

you cant measure that....you cant answer that..

The No. 2 choice is just as good as No.1 except for 1 player

Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm sure Arizona Cardinal fans are still beaming about the extra win they had over the Colts that put them in the 2 slot in the 1998 draft. (The pick they swapped with San Diego). They probably throw a parade in honor of that win.

Let me reword... what has the better chance of benefiting us more in the long term, getting the opportunity to pick (or trade for the world) the most excitable rookie since Peyton Manning, or winning some literally meaningless games? Sure the wins would be nice and I'd like nothing more than to see us win but let's think rationally. If Luck lives up to his hype, even half way to his hype, we will win many more games in the future than two against broken teams at the end of a horrible season.

That's the insanely glorious thing if we get the #1 pick and take Luck. It doesn't have to ever pan out. He can be the biggest bust ever. No biggy. We are playing with house money. If Manning never has an injury, we are never in this position. And for that reason, you shoot for the moon.

I just want to try to see it the way others are...

Massive Pros of going 1-15

The opportunity to pick the most exciting prospect in years

Alternatively, trade this pick away for far more than a #2 or #3 will get

Earlier picks in every other round

Cons

Slightly prettier numbers in a season that means literally nothing

If we are truly considering the comparisons, let us remember what was done before PM was drafted. In the 2 years preceding the drafting of Peyton, I believe we drafted Marvin Harrison, Tarik Glenn, and Adam Meadows. That was huge for the development of PM in his early years. Do we really believe that this team holds that kind of strength for a rookie QB?

If we are truly considering the comparisons, let us remember what was done before PM was drafted. In the 2 years preceding the drafting of Peyton, I believe we drafted Marvin Harrison, Tarik Glenn, and Adam Meadows. That was huge for the development of PM in his early years. Do we really believe that this team holds that kind of strength for a rookie QB?

We would just be rebuilding in a reverse order. Plus, the circumstance would be unprecedented. Possibly G.O.A.T Manning teaching the Padewon Jedi Luck?