Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Many Wish The Colts To Be 0-16?

oldunclemark

This again? :sadno:

I think it has been stated numerous times already.

Do we need to discuss it again?

Yes.....

I'm asking straight out...... COMPLETE reasoning.....

Why would a fan of a team wish his team to lose as many as possible in a lost season.

.....there has to be more to it than getting one unproven college boy over another.

It would seem to show that some are not real fans. right?

No. Saying anyone is not a real fan is not cool imo.

Some want the number one draft pick and see it as what is best for the team in the long run. Some just want to see the team win.

Different opinions, but I don't think anyone is actively rooting for a loss.

No. Saying anyone is not a real fan is not cool imo.

Some want the number one draft pick and see it as what is best for the team in the long run. Some just want to see the team win.

Different opinions, but I don't think anyone is actively rooting for a loss.

SOUTH

Here's what I'm saying...

Fans want their team to win. Its an absolute. A passion. We all have it

If you simply turn around because of losses and say I'm now passionate about seeing MY team LOSE...

To me..that's not cool....

I admit..that's confusing to me...

I hope you are right...that Colts fans dont actively root for the Colts to lose

You can call me CS. That's what I am commonly called on this board. :)

I see what you are saying and I do agree. I personally would never hope for my team to lose as I have stated many times.

However, I think some are just looking at the long-term benefits and a way of re-building the team to be the best out there. I can't imagine any fan of a team "hoping" they lose. Just saying realistically "hey we're having a bad year and likely to lose . . . lets take advantage of it and rebuild".

I hope they win out, (as long as the rams do too) but I also hope someone in the colts organization is held accountable for this mess, and that someone better not be Pat McAffe...

WHAT?!

If that dipstick punter knew how to directional kick we'd be superbowl bound and he wouldn't lead our special teams in tackles (at least he did a week or so ago)

Many fans don't mind losing this season because to many fans this season doesn't really count. Without Manning, what does this season matter? The Super Bowl is out of reach at this point...

I would rather we win at least two out of the last three games, but still retain the #1 pick. Many see this debacle of a season to be what we needed to bring changes to this organization. Our front office has grown complacent over the years, and now they are being forced to wake up.

I find it hard to hope for a 16-0 season when my team is already 0-13... That does not make me less of a fan... I want to see my team in the best position to succeed in the long run, even if I have to cheer through a winless season.

I don't understand the question. Why would any Colts fan want the Colts to go 0-16? The Colts don't even need to go 0-16 to get the 1st pick so the logic of the question escapes me. If you're asking if some fans want to get the first pick the answer is yes but even that answer doesn't mean you have to root for them to lose all or any of their games.

Because I secretly hate the Colts. My support the past 16 years has been a clever ruse leading up to this moment when I can ROFL and lmao at the pain of the faithful.

But Jaric....you spin the words of jest (is that a phrase?)

but you know there are people who abandon a sinking ship...because they cant be wrong about anything..

I cant say what a real fan is...

..but I see real men who I have rooted for going through their worst athletic nightmare,

I know they are EXTREEEEMELY well paid men...

..and some of this nightmare is spent at home in million dollar mansions..

...but I would never root for it to continue...

..and That Guy is right....'0-16 but such a great effort!!!' is dark comedy

If we got rid of Caldwell today, then it would change a lot of peoples minds. We would want to win. Since losing is the only way we can gaurantee that Caldwell will be let go, it's causing an internal battle. Of course I want the Colts to win, but maybe not at the expense of keeping Caldwell?

I guess for me at this point since the Colts can't make it to the playoffs it doesn't matter a whole lot. I think you mistakenly think that means some people aren't real fans. It doesn't mean that at all. I would like to see the Colts win, but for the long term health of the team I think there need to be some changes that include 1) CP gone 2) Jim Caldwell gone 3) the best possible draft pick to either draft Manning's replacement or trade to get a few picks that will really help this team. So winning meaningless games is less important to me than having the pieces in place to turn things around next year and into the future.

I'm just hoping that this season shakes Jim up enough to see some big changes need to be made.

But Jaric....you spin the words of jest (is that a phrase?)

but you know there are people who abandon a sinking ship...because they cant be wrong about anything..

I cant say what a real fan is...

..but I see real men who I have rooted for going through their worst athletic nightmare,

I know they are EXTREEEEMELY well paid men...

..and some of this nightmare is spent at home in million dollar mansions..

...but I would never root for it to continue...

..and That Guy is right....'0-16 but such a great effort!!!' is dark comedy

You're making a far bigger deal out of this than it deserves. Going 0-16 is one game worse than going 1-15. That's all. No more, no less.

Do I want to see them win? Yes. Will the world end and the franchise disband if they don't? No.

If you're worried about legacies or HOF votes, there are far more pressing issues for those guys than this season.

As a fan i would like them to win their remaining games. As a fan i also want whats best for the future of the team. I guess it would be at this point nice not to go 0-16 and it would also be nice to secure the first pick. By securing that pick it will do much more for the franchise because they will have more options.

3-13 buys you nothing except moving from that slot if the vikes & rams continue to lose.

Why do I want them to lose...because in 10 years of watching this team I never felt like going into a game that they could not win every single game, never felt that, not once. When I knew they were not going to get to the playoffs this year (and the rub is in their own stinking house) I wanted something to make me feel better about this season, something to look forward to, something to give me a reason to believe again. If this season has shown anything is that you need a elite QB to win and PM is not going to be around forever. I dont want 0-16, but I dont want to win until I know we are set for the next 18 years. I want to feel excited to watch a game again!

I don't want to see us lose at all. I never expected it to be this bad honestly. I know I probably will get attacked for this, but I don't even want us to have the #1 pick. I agree that Jimmy C and Co. need out. I also agree that those with Luck Jersey's should be ashamed. I feel for Peyton Manning. As if it weren't clear before what he means to this team, it is now painfully

I want the Colts to win every game..

There do seem to be many of you who wish the Colts to go 0-16 .

..and eagerly anticipate that possibility.

IS there a method to your 'madness'?

If you fall into that category....please explain.

I'd like to hear your complete reasoning ...... :hmm:

I want us to lose until that #1 pick is all wrapped up. Once that happens I don't care if we win out. The #1 pick is going to be a bright spot on this horrible season. Also if the colts go 0-16 we can get rid of Caldwell.

Example: It's week 17 and we've clinched our playoff spot, a win or loss simply changes our playoff seeding. As it turns out, the 4 seed has been playing lights out December football, and the 3 seed just lost its starting qb to injury. Would you root for a colts loss if it meant we played the 3 seed with a more favorable matchup?

I would root for a Colts loss here, so that the future of my team (playoffs) will benefit. I am also rooting for the Colts to go 0-16 so that Caldwell gets the axe. I know I am not a fake fan, so get off your high horse and stop calling people that. People go about things in different ways.

This thread is a flame-bait.

OP is asking for an opinion so that he can volley insults toward said poster.

As ColtsSouth pointed out, this issue has been discussed ad-nauseum and it always trickles down to a discussion about the meaning of "true" fandom.

Personally I don't give a flying blue turd if they win or not. They suck eggs this year and I can't wait for the season to be over so we can all move on.

Yes.....

I'm asking straight out...... COMPLETE reasoning.....

Why would a fan of a team wish his team to lose as many as possible in a lost season.

.....there has to be more to it than getting one unproven college boy over another.

You're having a heck of a time accepting the simple fact that we haven't drafted, coached or played well enough to avoid the growing inevitability of an 0-16 season. We stink to high heavens and every element of assembling and operating an NFL team has had a hand in it.

That doesn't mean I enjoy what is happening and root for it..... but an 0-16 season will sure as heck get some of those things fixed. Or one would hope.

If the GM, coaches and players don't like it.... then they should work harder. If they still have a job, that is.

I want the Colts to win every game..

There do seem to be many of you who wish the Colts to go 0-16 .

..and eagerly anticipate that possibility.

IS there a method to your 'madness'?

If you fall into that category....please explain.

I'd like to hear your complete reasoning ...... :hmm:

I'll do my best to share my thought on it, hope it helps with your understanding. I don't know how to rate a fan as to whether they are a "real fan" or not as you mentioned in a later post. Fans are fans of so many different things. We use the term "fan of the team", but it is often something more or different than that. I love to root for my team. Winning is always paramount in my fan world, so when I read your question, I felt a bit of camaraderie. But you are asking the question of a large group of individuals who are fans of many things. This description isn't iron clad, but it is my opinion that it works in a general sense. If one has the chance of becoming a fan of a team, yet joins after the team becomes successful. It appears they are simply a fan of "winning" and they receive whatever joy or benefits when their team wins. But it doesn't end there. That team could go through tough times....and the fan keeps rooting for wins even though they are losing. That .....and I say this with reminder that this is my opinion...is evidence that they are a fan of the team, not just of winning.

There are fans like myself who follow a team for decades, through the worst seasons imaginable, and just seek the joy of winning, but tempered with reality that there will always be ups and downs, and believing through the down times makes the wins so much sweeter. There are fans who want to go to the games to get liquored up and get in arguments with opposing fans.....or fans who like watching the cheerleaders and half time stuff. There are even fans who care so much about winning, that they would rather see the team lose so that "they" can experience more wins in the future. It would be my guess that these types of fans likely dont understand just how hard it is to prepare and play every day in the NFL and just how much punishment the mind and the body takes....and how it is completely opposite a players work/effort/heart or mindset to lose a game. They just want more wins. It would be my hope that you dont take it personal because a large proportion of any successful teams fanbase are selfish and want to experience wins above all else. That doesn't make them wrong...just different than perhaps you.

For what it's worth, I play in one fantasy league, and three other leagues where we pick games each week. I can honestly say that I have picked the Colts to win every week, every league, even though my team was likely to lose. It is simple for me, I could never pick my team to lose.....ever. I also could care less about whether my fantasy teams wins, as long as my team wins. I know that I am in a small percentile where this is concerned, but I don't want to change anyone else.

I'll do my best to share my thought on it, hope it helps with your understanding. I don't know how to rate a fan as to whether they are a "real fan" or not as you mentioned in a later post. Fans are fans of so many different things. We use the term "fan of the team", but it is often something more or different than that. I love to root for my team. Winning is always paramount in my fan world, so when I read your question, I felt a bit of camaraderie. But you are asking the question of a large group of individuals who are fans of many things. This description isn't iron clad, but it is my opinion that it works in a general sense. If one has the chance of becoming a fan of a team, yet joins after the team becomes successful. It appears they are simply a fan of "winning" and they receive whatever joy or benefits when their team wins. But it doesn't end there. That team could go through tough times....and the fan keeps rooting for wins even though they are losing. That .....and I say this with reminder that this is my opinion...is evidence that they are a fan of the team, not just of winning.

There are fans like myself who follow a team for decades, through the worst seasons imaginable, and just seek the joy of winning, but tempered with reality that there will always be ups and downs, and believing through the down times makes the wins so much sweeter. There are fans who want to go to the games to get liquored up and get in arguments with opposing fans.....or fans who like watching the cheerleaders and half time stuff. There are even fans who care so much about winning, that they would rather see the team lose so that "they" can experience more wins in the future. It would be my guess that these types of fans likely dont understand just how hard it is to prepare and play every day in the NFL and just how much punishment the mind and the body takes....and how it is completely opposite a players work/effort/heart or mindset to lose a game. They just want more wins. It would be my hope that you dont take it personal because a large proportion of any successful teams fanbase are selfish and want to experience wins above all else. That doesn't make them wrong...just different than perhaps you.

For what it's worth, I play in one fantasy league, and three other leagues where we pick games each week. I can honestly say that I have picked the Colts to win every week, every league, even though my team was likely to lose. It is simple for me, I could never pick my team to lose.....ever. I also could care less about whether my fantasy teams wins, as long as my team wins. I know that I am in a small percentile where this is concerned, but I don't want to change anyone else.

I am more like you than many here....

I want us to finish 3-13......and let the offseason take care of itself...

You can call me CS. That's what I am commonly called on this board. :)

I see what you are saying and I do agree. I personally would never hope for my team to lose as I have stated many times.

However, I think some are just looking at the long-term benefits and a way of re-building the team to be the best out there. I can't imagine any fan of a team "hoping" they lose. Just saying realistically "hey we're having a bad year and likely to lose . . . lets take advantage of it and rebuild".

But the "long-term" benefits are negligible. It's an unproven risk, whether at pick 1 or 3.

As for rebuilding, we wouldn't be doing that by picking Luck anyway, because he isn't going to play for several years.

But the "long-term" benefits are negligible. It's an unproven risk, whether at pick 1 or 3.

As for rebuilding, we wouldn't be doing that by picking Luck anyway, because he isn't going to play for several years.

But what benefits us more in the long term - getting opportunity for better draft picks or winning meaningless games?

But what benefits us more in the long term - getting opportunity for better draft picks or winning meaningless games?

Draft picks are an unknown quanity.....Luck could be Ryan Leaf..or just Carson Palmer

..as is the confidence of young players...like Brown (a 1st rounder) and Conner.....(a 7th rounder0

you cant measure that....you cant answer that..

The No. 2 choice is just as good as No.1 except for 1 player