Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucas Info

coltsfan84

Well I finally won tickets to a Colts game,whoo hoo!Will be only my 3rd opportunity to see a game,my first in Lucas,Thursday night NFL Network game,AND my son's first game.They are in the Toyota zone(504).Was just wondering if these will be decent seats,what are the pertinent things to do(pregame,etc),and how hard is it to park at stadium and is it worth it?Oh,and are cameras allowed?Thanks for any info,can't wait,lol.

Well I finally won tickets to a Colts game,whoo hoo!Will be only my 3rd opportunity to see a game,my first in Lucas,Thursday night NFL Network game,AND my son's first game.They are in the Toyota zone(504).Was just wondering if these will be decent seats,what are the pertinent things to do(pregame,etc),and how hard is it to park at stadium and is it worth it?Oh,and are cameras allowed?Thanks for any info,can't wait,lol.

Wow, how cool is that . . . winning tickets? Congrats!!!

I also hope you have a great time and that you and your son are able to cheer the Colts to a W.

I have been to LOS twice, but I can't answer many of your questions. The first time I rode a shuttle that dropped us off and picked us up at LOS. The second time, we parked at Circle Center Mall which wasn't a bad walk; however, the weather was great.

In both cases, we didn't have the time to participate in any pre-game activities; but I sure wish we could have.

Taking a camera was one of my questions the first time I went. I had read that no video cameras were allowed and was worried that my digital camera may be confiscated because it was capable of taking short videos. But, I didn't have any problems. So, take that camera and click away. You will want to preserve the memories of you and your son's first game at LOS.

I sat in the section above the Toyota zone last year, and I can tell you, that while you will be fairly high up you should have a great vantage point and you will be able to see everything. Enjoy the game!

When you have a second take your son along the path just above the 100 level seats, from above you will see a path from about the 30 to the 30, do it while play is going on, I bet he will enjoy it.

For me its worth paying the $20 and just park in one of the lots/buildings to the west side of the stadium and south of the tracks.

Question I've been meaning to ask for a while (this seems fair) - how easy is it to get tickets? Can you just buy them online and walk in on the day?

I've never been - I'm in the UK so it's very impractical, but hopefully I'll be going to America in a few years and would need to go to a game at the Luke if and when I do.

I think you can always get tickets on-line. It just depends on whether you are willing to pay the price or not. Depending on how the season is going they can be pretty steep.

Of course this year that is not a problem, although I did notice that seats that cost $17.00 3 weeks ago are $20.00 this week. Maybe something to do with the popularity of the team we are playing against. :dunno:

Me too!!!! Im so excited!!!! Hotels in the area? I was looking at the embassy suites..

any recommendations?? Hope to fly in Thursday instead of Wednesday, save money on hotel.. i

im so excited!!!

It will be my first ever NFL game!!!!

That is awesome, Idaho. I know how excited I was before I attended my first NFL game.

I can't help you with hotel info, but the link I previously referred to does have some information that may by helpful:

http://forums.colts....o-see-do-merge/

While wishing the best experience to you and your boy, as a vet of the old RCA Dome, I almost despise going to games at LOS. It's just lame. As a fanbase we totally sold out. The RCA Dome was in fact the "Terror Dome". So loud, even as a fan you walked out not hearing straight.

I think you can always get tickets on-line. It just depends on whether you are willing to pay the price or not. Depending on how the season is going they can be pretty steep.

Of course this year that is not a problem, although I did notice that seats that cost $17.00 3 weeks ago are $20.00 this week. Maybe something to do with the popularity of the team we are playing against. :dunno:

Ha... I'm a huge football (soccer) fan and I see my team play most home games (23 in a season) for about £20 a pop... $20 for a one off is basically nothing compared to that. What are they like when things are going well?

While wishing the best experience to you and your boy, as a vet of the old RCA Dome, I almost despise going to games at LOS. It's just lame. As a fanbase we totally sold out. The RCA Dome was in fact the "Terror Dome". So loud, even as a fan you walked out not hearing straight.

Yea,Iiked the 2 games I was fortunate enough to attend in the Dome.Never recognized it as anything but the Hoosier Dome,lol.Great place,loud as heck,intimate,great environment.Oh well,lol.MSA was a waste too,heard Conseco acoustics stink.Best memories of MSA were seeing some great bands/shows,camping out overnight,and the general stampede, haha

It's not that bad getting from airport to downtown via car on the interstate,Indy's not that big,lol.Basically jump on 465 and everything comes off there.Taxi might be big $$,rental car and GPS maybe?

That may be cheaper.. i'll have to re learn how to drive a car.. lol.. all i drive are trucks. We would never make it home in a car ;)

got a gps on my phone. Thanks for the info!

If you do the taxi,they can take you straight through town to the hotel.It would be faster and you wouldn't have to worry about parking.I'm not in Indy,about 40 mins out so I'm not sure what the rentals and taxis run.But getting around Indy isn't bad,they have done a good job as far as signage goes.A lot of one way streets,but not bad.

heck ya.. first time in a city and limo and colts game and fancy hotel.. I just may leave the sticks if I end up liking it.. haha

anyone ever eatin at Greek Islands?? Im gonna be in dire need of some greek coffee, since the airline wont let me take my turkish coffee pot or coffee grounds.. lol

WOW,what a game for my first at Lucas and my sons first Colts game.I have to admit I had some doubts after that ridiculous penalty and fumble recovery on Houstons last drive.I was like,well 2 mins for a drive for 7,Peyton,yes,Orlovsky..eh idk.Great job,great drive,2 in a row! :applause: .

Toyota zone is nice,just 1 row of seats.Have to try to win those again,lol.Lucas is a nice place,huge,all kinds of free stuff,love the Lucas area mostly cause I'm a gearhead/car nut anyway.But I think the Dome was louder,although only went to 2 games there,kinda miss it.

Overall,great trip,great game,great experience.Just wish I could afford to buy tix on a regular basis,lol.

heck ya.. first time in a city and limo and colts game and fancy hotel.. I just may leave the sticks if I end up liking it.. haha

anyone ever eatin at Greek Islands?? Im gonna be in dire need of some greek coffee, since the airline wont let me take my turkish coffee pot or coffee grounds.. lol

So how was your trip,limo,game experience?Hope it was great.Have decent seats?Saw a buncha limos running around,mostly Hummers,pretty cool.

I tried to get down to the lower level after the game,they sometimes come out and sign stuff,took my Colts book to have it signed but we got diverted by the yellow shirts to the exit. :sadno:

Those guys were like Nazi soldiers. Yelling at people and quiet rude. I was hoping to see Reggie at the NFL Network booth, but they yelled at everyone and literally pushed us out. I heard alot of people complaining about it. Sorry you couldnt get down there..