Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meetings with draft prospects (merge)

I'm feeling real strong about a Duke Johnson/Frank Gore tandem as of late.   I like Cory Grants speed, but I'm having trouble seeing the need for him if we already have Jeff Demps. 

Demps has been in the league 3 years and can't find the field. He is constantly injured. NE IR for knee Tampa IR for groin surgery. Tampa was the only place he made the active roster. That was short lived.  

Grant is stronger 225 22x has better hands and is more dedicated to the sport. Demp's first choice has always been track. I don't think they are quite the same player. Grant would be someone I would love to see us take a look at late.  I think he will find a role in the league.   

Demps has been in the league 3 years and can't find the field. He is constantly injured. NE IR for knee Tampa IR for groin surgery. Tampa was the only place he made the active roster. That was short lived.  

Grant is stronger 225 22x has better hands and is more dedicated to the sport. Demp's first choice has always been track. I don't think they are quite the same player. Grant would be someone I would love to see us take a look at late.  I think he will find a role in the league.   

You're saying this about a backup player who is being drafted in the 7th round or undrafted?  Grant is not much different from Demps.

Bench pressing 225lbs gazillion times does not mean you'll be a good player. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/corey-grant?id=2553232

Somehow Demps is still on our roster though.  When's the last time he ran track?

Grant can't even find a good career in College.  I'm sure Demps was better than him in College as well.

@ByNateTaylor: Colts coach Chuck Pagano was here for #FAU pro day with the intent to see D'Joun Smith after seeing him at the combine.

@IanHest: #Colts HC Chuck Pagano here at #FAU Pro Day. Told me he was very impressed w what he saw. Doesn't name names but eluded to Smith & Whitehead

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth...

Dorsett said he met with the Colts at the combine and after his Pro Day.

This list does not reflect that.

My point is that while this list is helpful,  it's not 100% absolute and should not be viewed as definitive....

It's not perfectly accurate.

• Like 1

@ByNateTaylor: Colts coach Chuck Pagano was here for #FAU pro day with the intent to see D'Joun Smith after seeing him at the combine.

@IanHest: #Colts HC Chuck Pagano here at #FAU Pro Day. Told me he was very impressed w what he saw. Doesn't name names but eluded to Smith & Whitehead

Just went through the whole thread, and unless I missed something, this is the only pick that lines up with a visit that we know about.

• Like 1

Just went through the whole thread, and unless I missed something, this is the only pick that lines up with a visit that we know about.

I'm pretty sure NFL.com had us linked with Clayton Geathers...   not saying it was Pagano (though it may have been)  but certainly Colts' coaches.