Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots investigation (merge)

I don't think they will do anything to the Patriots, I knew it from the start the NFL would do something stupid like in the past and this is no different. It still doesn't change what happened to the balls. The ref had no idea the balls were deflated and was just taking a ball out like he normally does and now it is a black eye on the NFL's investigation. You got the superbowl so enjoy it, probably will get off with no "punishment" too but everyone else looks at them as cheaters in the face of the evidence and would compare it to OJ getting off and the NFL letting the pats off the hook due to their own misdoings.

There are conflicting reports about the actually deflation of the balls. You are choosing to believe Mort and yet NFL reporter Ian Rapoport refuted his report. I know most would like to believe the Pats did something wrong here as it fits the narrative but honestly right now, the league looks more culpable than the Pats. No surprise there as you say.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are conflicting reports about the actually deflation of the balls. You are choosing to believe Mort and yet NFL reporter Ian Rapoport refuted his report. I know most would like to believe the Pats did something wrong here as it fits the narrative but honestly right now, the league looks more culpable than the Pats. No surprise there as you say.

No no, not at all. I am choosing to realize there are more than two reports. There is Mort who had 11 as 2 pounds under, Ian who said one was 2 under the rest a tick, and then went on NFL network and said many were a pound, some were a tick, one was 2 pounds. Now we have a woman from ESPN who's sources are from the investigation saying 11 were "closer to a pound than 2 pounds". Conflicting ESPN reports, also conflicting with NFL Network report. We can't "believe" anything but hey you can believe Schefter (who is just as "credible" as Mort seeing as they are BFF) what he says about the rogue ref then I can believe from all three sources that there were 11 balls under the minimum psi.

No no, not at all. I am choosing to realize there are more than two reports. There is Mort who had 11 as 2 pounds under, Ian who said one was 2 under the rest a tick, and then went on NFL network and said many were a pound, some were a tick, one was 2 pounds. Now we have a woman from ESPN who's sources are from the investigation saying 11 were "closer to a pound than 2 pounds". Conflicting ESPN reports, also conflicting with NFL Network report. We can't "believe" anything but hey you can believe Schefter (who is just as "credible" as Mort seeing as they are BFF) what he says about the rogue ref then I can believe from all three sources that there were 11 balls under the minimum psi.

The only thing here is Schefter is refuting his own network.

Not at all. There are 11 balls that are a pound under, this is just another stupid piece attached to it, like the McNally kicking ball.

lol...keep the dream alive! What an utter embarrassment for the NFL...their own officials are selling the balls on the side. But let's keep on believing this is a Patriots issue and not an NFL issue.

The only thing here is Schefter is refuting his own network.

False, he dropped the bombs about the rogue ref today, which you would think at this point are the same sources from the report we got last night considering they both had to do with McNally that also said 11 balls were a pound or more under. You can choose to believe the pieces you want though.

False, he dropped the bombs about the rogue ref today, which you would think at this point are the same sources from the report we got last night considering they both had to do with McNally that also said 11 balls were a pound or more under. You can choose to believe the pieces you want though.

The OTL report was about McNally which Shefter completely obliterated. You would have though that OTL would have maybe talked to him at some point during their three week "investigation" into McNally.

The OTL report was about McNally which Shefter completely obliterated. You would have though that OTL would have maybe talked to him at some point during their three week "investigation" into McNally.

Slow your role - it's not an "investigation", it's an investigation. It's not targeting McNally, he just happened to be someone who touches balls. Again - you choose to believe ESPN's Adam Schefter over ESPN's Outside the Lines and ESPN's Chris Mortenson. It's easy to see you did nothing wrong when you choose one of three equal credible sources. Schefter refuted the McNally garbage but that was just crap on top of the rest of deflategate, it was a kicking ball they are dealing with. He didn't refute the fact that Kensil found 11 underinflated balls but wait I forgot Kensill worked for the Jets 15 years ago so he cannot be trusted! lmao

Where is the misconduct? The ball was given and it was unmarked. The ref checked it and never was put it into play. Kicking balls are kicked into the stands all the time so perhaps the attendant was just replacing a lost ball and gave an unmarked one? I would like to know how many balls are on the sideline. Are only the marked balls allowed on the sideline or can teams have more balls in case some need to be replaced because of going into the stands or use?

12 brand new Kicking balls are sent from Wilson factory direct to the NFL officials locker room performing in the game.  Those officials (only) prep the 'K' Balls for play.  Only those approved K balls so marked can be used on special teams plays, so nets are used to keep those  balls from going into the stands on FG's and Xtra points.

As far as other balls being around, they are in pre game warm up  Teams do not use the game balls in warm up.  But they are to be removed from the game balls before play.  OH, and NFL rules state the home team is responsible to supply 36 balls for approval in outdoor stadium game (Gillette).  The Colts can supply up to 12 as a visitor, and required to supply up to 24 if at home with roof closed.

Even the New York Post is jumping off the pitchfork and torch bandwagon. I'd say whatever hope haters were holding out here just got snuffed out with this new revelation about the league official stealing balls.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/18/nfls-circus-deflategate-probe-turns-up-black-market-ball-thief/

The official was supposed to take footballs out of play and send them to be auctioned off for charity. He was fired when it was discovered he had sold game-used balls on the side for his own gain, according to the report on “Outside The Lines.”

“That was part of a pattern of behavior that exists in this particular individual that culminated in him working that game and trying to get another football,” reporter Adam Schefter said, attributing his information to anonymous NFL officials.

The official’s scheme was discovered by a fellow NFL official during the game, and the official then put the stolen ball back into play in hopes of not being caught, according to Schefter.

Even the New York Post is jumping off the pitchfork and torch bandwagon. I'd say whatever hope haters were holding out here just got snuffed out with this new revelation about the league official stealing balls.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/18/nfls-circus-deflategate-probe-turns-up-black-market-ball-thief/

The official was supposed to take footballs out of play and send them to be auctioned off for charity. He was fired when it was discovered he had sold game-used balls on the side for his own gain, according to the report on “Outside The Lines.”

“That was part of a pattern of behavior that exists in this particular individual that culminated in him working that game and trying to get another football,” reporter Adam Schefter said, attributing his information to anonymous NFL officials.

The official’s scheme was discovered by a fellow NFL official during the game, and the official then put the stolen ball back into play in hopes of not being caught, according to Schefter.

Off topic: why don't you post in colts related threads if you're a colts fan?

I guess an official messing with one ball means the Pats could not have messed with the lot of them.

pretty much. Even you have to admit this "case" against the Patriots is having its Last Rites read to it...once you have evidence that a freakin' league official is STEALING balls to sell for his own gain, how can you believe a single accusation against the Patriots? The league clearly has ZERO control over its own people and procedures.

Off topic: If you like the colts, why don't you post about the colts in colts related threads?

Off topic...I like the Pats more, and I could care less about off-season rumors and moves they make. Why would I care about the moves of a team I have only a passing interest in?

Off topic...I like the Pats more, and I could care less about off-season rumors and moves they make. Why would I care about the moves of a team I have only a passing interest in?

Offtopic: If you could care less about off season rumors and moves about a team you like, why are you here?

Offtopic: If you could care less about off season rumors and moves about a team you like, why are you here?

I'm here because there is a vibrant discussion here about a subject I'm very interested in. That tends to be why most people post in forums...new to the internet?

I'm here because there is a vibrant discussion here about a subject I'm very interested in. That tends to be why most people post in forums...new to the internet?

Offtopic: Your content have the majority of your posts when it regards to the patriots with the term, "cheating".

Will you admit to me that you are only here because you have a agenda against the team that the patriots were accused of cheating against? A team that you falsely said you "liked" as a excuse to even come here? If deflate gate hasn't exist, you wouldn't even be here. Because it looks obvious now.

And will you celebrate/boast/gloat when the investigation goes your way towards certain posters who hate your team?

If you are very interested in it than why are you wishing the "nonstory" would go away?

Offtopic: Your content have the majority of your posts when it regards to the patriots with the term, "cheating".

Will you admit to me that you are only here because you have a agenda against the team that the patriots were accused of cheating against? A team that you falsely said you "liked" as a excuse to even come here? If deflate gate hasn't exist, you wouldn't even be here. Because it looks obvious now.

And will you celebrate/boast/gloat when the investigation goes your way towards certain posters who hate your team?

After reading this conspiracy theory, I have a better understanding of why you are buying into the absurd allegations against the Pats. Ask yourself this...do people need an "excuse" to come here? Is it required that one "pretend" to like the Colts? I routinely go to the forums of teams the Patriots play against because I'm much more interested in back and forth banter among rival fan bases than I am in a circle-jerk forum where everyone posts "Yeah! Brady!! Gronk!!!" and everyone else says "Yeah!!!! Pats RULE!!!". So I came here around the time of the AFC Championship game, the deflate-gate story broke, the topic is interesting, and here I am. And oh by the way, I happen to like the Colts.

I hope that this very detailed and completely unnecessary explanation as to why I have chosen to post on this public internet message board will sufficiently answer ALL of your questions so that we no longer need to bore everyone to tears with this. While it may be true that most of my posts are on this deflated balls topic, I would say the the 2nd most frequent topic I seem to address is "Questions from SouthernCal about why I'm here".

After reading this conspiracy theory, I have a better understanding of why you are buying into the absurd allegations against the Pats. Ask yourself this...do people need an "excuse" to come here? Is it required that one "pretend" to like the Colts? I routinely go to the forums of teams the Patriots play against because I'm much more interested in back and forth banter among rival fan bases than I am in a circle-jerk forum where everyone posts "Yeah! Brady!! Gronk!!!" and everyone else says "Yeah!!!! Pats RULE!!!". So I came here around the time of the AFC Championship game, the deflate-gate story broke, the topic is interesting, and here I am. And oh by the way, I happen to like the Colts.

I hope that this very detailed and completely unnecessary explanation as to why I have chosen to post on this public internet message board will sufficiently answer ALL of your questions so that we no longer need to bore everyone to tears with this. While it may be true that most of my posts are on this deflated balls topic, I would say the the 2nd most frequent topic I seem to address is "Questions from SouthernCal about why I'm here".

Dude, if Deflate gate hasn't existed, you wouldn't even be here. That's my initial point.

>Deflate gate brokes out after pats beat colts

>signed up that time

>basically post about deflate gate and cheat related topics

>coincidentally likes the colts

okie dokie. seems legit

While it may be true that most of my posts are on this deflated balls topic, I would say the the 2nd most frequent topic I seem to address is "Questions from SouthernCal about why I'm here".

Almost all of your posts are in the deflated balls forums. If those are your top two topics in your short time here and based on the stance you take, hate to break it to you but you aren't wanted here.

Almost all of your posts are in the deflated balls forums. If those are your top two topics in your short time here and based on the stance you take, hate to break it to you but you aren't wanted here.

Here's how internet forums work...try to follow...people post stuff, right? Then what happens is that OTHER people read that stuff and either post a reply OR they don't if the topic doesn't interest them. For the weaker-willed types who would like to not reply but can't control themselves, there is an "ignore" function that acts as a substitute for the missing will-power. SO...with that hopefully helpful information, I hope you two gentleman can find a way to avoid my posts if you aren't interested in them. That would be far more civil than this ^ approach of violating the forum's rules and taking personal shots at fellow posters.

Here's how internet forums work...try to follow...people post stuff, right? Then what happens is that OTHER people read that stuff and either post a reply OR they don't if the topic doesn't interest them. For the weaker-willed types who would like to not reply but can't control themselves, there is an "ignore" function that acts as a substitute for the missing will-power. SO...with that hopefully helpful information, I hope you two gentleman can find a way to avoid my posts if you aren't interested in them. That would be far more civil than this ^ approach of violating the forum's rules and taking personal shots at fellow posters.

Nah. This is curiousity of my stance and there are no personal shots coming your way actually.

Seriously though, why not just post in the Patriots forum?

lol...this entire page seems to be about me, my motivations for being here, and whether or not I'm "wanted". It's all personal, off topic, and none of it is interesting to anybody but you two.

Offtopic: It's not a insult though. Plus this is better than Deflate gate anyways. Deflate gate is boring and non story.

Edit: Apologies to everyone in regarding to this story. Didn't mean to derail the thread that long.