Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots investigation (merge)

dw49

You guys do realize that if this was your team, you would be doing the same exact thing. Right?

With all due respect, defending your team on your own forum board is a wee bit different that seeking out arguments on a competitors board.

Just check the Indy forum anytime one of your guys gets arrested.

With all due respect,  it is a wee bit different seeking out arguments on a competitors board than it is  defending your team on your own forum.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect,  it is a wee bit different seeking out arguments on a competitors board than it is  defending your team on your own forum.

Who is seeking out an argument? There is a topic here in the 'NFL General' forum about this ongoing investigation. People are discussing it. Nobody is forced to discuss it if they don't want to. So what is the issue?

But we wouldn't be on another team's forum defending them til we are blue in the face is the point here...

Also - nobody is defending or has sympathy for our own players getting arrested, they are all doing stupid things and should face the consequences.

I wouldn't have gone out and signed up for this board because it happened. I didn't. Very few, if any of us (Pats fans), did. A lot of us have been here for years. Would it not have been lame for any of us to have "disappeared" during this whole hoopla? Or is it better to stand up and voice your opinion? 

Cheating makes sense to a cheater. I mean why do athletes start taking steroids after starting careers in pro sports. They want to be acknowledged as the best. So while cheating makes no sense to you, I've seen it too many times in pro sports to write it off as being nonsensical.

Let's also be real here. It's your favorite team...You Do Not want this to be true. You should reevaluate based on that, if it's possible. Think about it, most of America thinks they did it.

Most of the world once thought it was flat, too. Doesn't make them right. Is it Patriot fans' fault if other teams' fans are ignorant ?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2015 - talking about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2015 - talking about moderation

I wouldn't have gone out and signed up for this board because it happened. I didn't. Very few, if any of us (Pats fans), did. 

Several very annoying posters did (I won't name names since they already got me 8 warnings and a week suspension) thankfully some have been banned.

And out of all that & many days & posts . Finally a Patriots fan tells us what is obvious to anyone .

Except they are here in mass claiming to be the victims in this instance & if there guilty so what everyone does it they claim .

Where there is smoke there is fire & there seems to be alot of Patriot apologists & or flat out blind mice for a story about nothing .

Once again enjoy your Lombardi however you got there you did win ,,,

ROFL

there is just as much evidence that the Colts deflated the ball as there is the Patriots. Fact.

Who is seeking out an argument? There is a topic here in the 'NFL General' forum about this ongoing investigation. People are discussing it. Nobody is forced to discuss it if they don't want to. So what is the issue?

You signed up specifically to trash the Colts and you know it.

You guys do realize that if this was your team, you would be doing the same exact thing. Right? 

Just check the Indy forum anytime one of your guys gets arrested. 

As for me, when one of our players gets arrested....I throw my hands in the air and bang my head on a brick wall.  Such a waste!

Care to elaborate, Mr. Wells?

I believe he is referring to the fact that there is 0 evidence that proves the Patriots knowingly deflated the footballs, and every 'conclusion' that has been drawn about their guilt so far is based solely on speculation and hope by those that want it to be true. On the other side, there is 0 evidence that proves the Colts deflated the Patriots football, and every 'conclusion' that has been drawn about their guilt so far is by conspiracy theorists that want to deflect attention.

Without actual evidence, one side is no more credible than the other at this point.

I did? And yet here I am a couple of hundred posts in and I haven't trashed the Colts once.

You have 300 posts, you signed up after the initial story broke, most of which are hating on the colts. You have started four topics, the Rapoport report backing the Patriots, one ripping the Seahawks saying the team will never recover from the loss, one about cleveland text/cheating, and jerry rice admitting to using stickum. Majority of your posts are deflategate related, you bring nothing of real substance or value, just try to stir the pot with colts fans.

I believe he is referring to the fact that there is 0 evidence that proves the Patriots knowingly deflated the footballs, and every 'conclusion' that has been drawn about their guilt so far is based solely on speculation and hope by those that want it to be true. On the other side, there is 0 evidence that proves the Colts deflated the Patriots football, and every 'conclusion' that has been drawn about their guilt so far is by conspiracy theorists that want to deflect attention.

Without actual evidence, one side is no more credible than the other at this point.

OK - so then how is it "fact" the colts are more guilty than the pats as the troll said.

But we wouldn't be on another team's forum defending them til we are blue in the face is the point here...

Also - nobody is defending or has sympathy for our own players getting arrested, they are all doing stupid things and should face the consequences.

Except that most of us have been here for years before this event, so...

Most of the world once thought it was flat, too. Doesn't make them right. Is it Patriot fans' fault if other teams' fans are ignorant ?

Irony: Calling everyone else ignorant, is actually ignorant.  

ROFL

there is just as much evidence that the Colts deflated the ball as there is the Patriots. Fact.

The Seahawks gave the Patriots the Superbowl. Fact. 

OK - so then how is it "fact" the colts are more guilty than the pats as the troll said.

He didn't say the Colts were more guilty, he said there is just as much evidence showing that the Colts are guilty as there is showing that the Patriots are guilty...that being NONE.

You have 300 posts, you signed up after the initial story broke, most of which are hating on the colts. You have started four topics, the Rapoport report backing the Patriots, one ripping the Seahawks saying the team will never recover from the loss, one about cleveland text/cheating, and jerry rice admitting to using stickum. Majority of your posts are deflategate related, you bring nothing of real substance or value, just try to stir the pot with colts fans.

You're like my biographer. Seriously - it's a losing game to get upset about people posting on the internet. Just ignore me...don't let me get to you like this.

He didn't say the Colts were more guilty, he said there is just as much evidence showing that the Colts are guilty as there is showing that the Patriots are guilty...that being NONE.

Incorrect - he said there is as much evidence the colts deflated the ball as the Patriots did, said it was a fact. But there is no facts, only speculation.

Yep, all of this.

Some here have already branded the Patriots as guilty, illustrating a complete lack of understanding of the judicial process (even a private NFL one).

Incorrect - he said there is as much evidence the colts deflated the ball as the Patriots did, said it was a fact. But there is no facts, only speculation.

I'm sorry but is this real life?

I literally wrote exactly what he said, then you said that I was incorrect and you wrote the same thing that I said he said...

I'm sorry but is this real life?

I literally wrote exactly what he said, then you said that I was incorrect and you wrote the same thing that I said he said...

Ignore the first part, when you say something is fact, when it is not fact, that's not correct. Pretty basic stuff.

Ignore the first part, when you say something is fact, when it is not fact, that's not correct. Pretty basic stuff.

But it is a fact. He said that there is no evidence at the moment proving either scenario...and he's right. That's the truth of the matter, it's a fact.

I meant pats fans in general, hence "they" for the cheating part. So, let me rephrase it, if you specifically don't view ball tampering as "earth shattering" and none of this "bothers you", why so much effort to explain it? I don't mean that to sound harsh. I just don't buy that the fans nor the players aren't bothered by this. Why do much explaining from fans and the organization and players if none of it bothers them?

I think any issue going on with the league is worth discussing especially one that is this high profile. I have been just as vocal this season on other league issues, i.e. Rice, AP, etc.

Sort of, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. 

Don't tell me you're now joining the "why are there so many Pats fans here?" club, Gramz.  :)

What factual evidence points to the Colts deflating it? You said yourself it was a fact. So tell me the facts.

Are you seriously having this much trouble understanding such a simple statement?

Fact #1: no EVIDENCE has been given that the Patriots deflated the balls as of yet.

Fact #2: no evidence has been given that the Colts deflated the ball as of yet.

Therefore , 1=2.