Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network

Coltssouth

Roporting Live:

What is the latest on Peyton Manninng:

This is not going well. This is taking time. His motor skills are behind, he has basically had atrophy in his right arm because he hasn't been able to work, and I've been told there is concern by a lot of people about him being ready for the opener or him being ready by the end of Sept.

It's gonna' take an unbelievable effort by Peyton Manning to be ready.

I'm not sure he can be ready for the opener because people have told me this is very serious and he is not anywhere close to being ready to play football. He's got to get cleared medically first.

Per Michael Lombardi

rotfl I thought I'd let the emoticon do the talking for me on this one!!

Not saying there might not be some truth to it, but I love it when the league underestimates Manning. That sets up well for the team...

I hope you're right. I don't recall Lombardi being wrong that often.

Just now listening to Mike Chappell on NFLN agreeing with you about Peyton being there on opening day.

lets not forget when Peyton had that infected bursa sac in his knee. He rushed back to be ready for the season and he was awful and we went 2-4 and barely made the playoffs. Lets not rush him back if he isnt ready. I know we have no other real QB but, I would rather go 2-2 to start the season and have him back full health then go 2-4 with this hard schedule we have again this year.

Directly contradicts what mortenson said last week,mortenson said he had made significant strides.

Right. Everyone has their opinion on this but only time will tell. Peyton will spin it today, but bottom line, until we see him throw the ball in practice we won't have an answer.

Personally I don't care if he misses every preseason game as long as he can start practicing a few weeks before the season.

The NFL network, well some of their talking heads (Faulk, Deion) have always had it out for Peyton. Most know why (Faulk getting cut from the Colts, Deion getting burned by Peyton several times)...It just seems that they are always negative about Manning. Just my perception anyway. I would take Mortenson's/Clayton's reporting over any of the buffoons at the NFL Network any time.

The NFL network, well some of their talking heads (Faulk, Deion) have always had it out for Peyton. Most know why (Faulk getting cut from the Colts, Deion getting burned by Peyton several times)...It just seems that they are always negative about Manning. Just my perception anyway. I would take Mortenson's/Clayton's reporting over any of the buffoons at the NFL Network any time.

faulk was traded,but i do see some bias from faulk and mainly sanders.

Wasn't their photos of him throwing in Colorado with his trainer about a month ago? This is all speculation and the Colts will keep everyone guessing for as long as they can even though he is fine.

I also read that, although I'm not sure it was confirmed. If so, it means he can exercise the arm to some degree. Heck, he was signing autographs today, so it's not like it's hanging limp! That atrophe report is way too premature.

I guess we'll hear Peyton's side of the story in a few minutes.

Directly contradicts what mortenson said last week,mortenson said he had made significant strides.

True, but he also said it wasn't known when Manning would be able to return. It's possible he has made strides and is still nowhere near ready to play. A reasonable assumption since he can't even practice yet.

Lombardi for the most part has been pretty accurate. It was him that reported Manning's 2nd knee surgery a few years ago that everyone said he was full of it over. Turns out, he was right.