Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Brett Favre

Synthetic

The answer to all of those questions is yes and that's not a knock on Luck. Luck plays to win, not get perfect QBRs.

I'm always slamming Skip Bayless because he clings to that foolish QBR stat. I've never subscribed to that lame concoction that ESPN is almost married to. You clearly don't follow my stances at all do ya? 

That's fine. It doesn't matter anyway. Any person with a Favre avatar is shall we say less than objective when it comes to examining Brett's entire career. Again, that's your choice which is okay naturally. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had nothing to do with whether you believed it or not, it was obnoxious because it dominated all media platforms related to football and we had to have it force fed down our throats for 3 straight off seasons when I just wanted to get info on the draft, free agency etc

You get sick of hearing about that stuff over and over, but the media was relentless and I think Favre fed into that

The point here is that Brett Favre could have made his decision to play ball for the Packers & Vikings a lot quicker than he did. Brett just loved all the attention so much so in fact  that he milked all that publicity for everything it was worth to stroke his own ego, demand more money, & avoid practicing as long as humanly possible. 

You're exactly right JM51. Favre's delay tactic was indeed intensional & selfishly deliberate.

#4 knew exactly what he was doing & why which explains why Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy said screw this musical chairs game Brett; we are tired of your wishy washiness about playing for our club don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya. Bye Bye Brett. 

I have no idea what in the hades that comment even means BC. Am I a colossal jerk just because I disagree with your assessment of Favre? Take a number.

LOL! Like I'm devastated & emotionally scarred by your objections. If it makes you feel better, go ahead & slam me. That's your right. It doesn't both me in the slightest.

Mine and everybody else here who merely acknowledges that Luck threw a pick or 20 this year, without even going as far as to say it. All the first poster said was that Luck has similarities with Favre and he was referring more to the touchdowns in triple coverage than the ints. You've since done a perfect amfootball/Brady impression switching Brady for Luck.

I'm always slamming Skip Bayless because he clings to that foolish QBR stat. I've never subscribed to that lame concoction that ESPN is almost married to. You clearly don't follow my stances at all do ya?

That's fine. It doesn't matter anyway. Any person with a Favre avatar is shall we say less than objective when it comes to examining Brett's entire career. Again, that's your choice which is okay naturally.

Your stance is typical. You're stuck on the int thing. Check his touchdowns and MVPs. If you must stick to the ints, check that int list. Favre isn't the only HoFer in the top 5, or 10, or 20 which includes some guy named Peyton Manning.

Your stance is typical. You're stuck on the int thing. Check his touchdowns and MVPs. If you must stick to the ints, check that int list. Favre isn't the only HoFer in the top 5, or 10, or 20 which includes some guy named Peyton Manning.

Let's see, Brett threw a pick in the 2009 NFC Championship Game vs the Saints which cost him a shot at his 3rd SB, but you're right, I nit picking. LOL! 

Do you know how many times Brett Favre threw a boneheaded pass that knocked the Packers out of the Playoffs?

More times than I care to remember. 336 interceptions doesn't just fall arbitrarily out of the sky you know. 

Who cares what other HOF QBs INT Stats are BC. When Bogie started this thread he called it "Everything Brett Favre" right? Not list every NFL QB to ever throw multiple picks correct? 

I hate to pop your bubble on Brett Favre BC, but he's not as exceptional as you think he is. Maybe you & John Madden can meet up & reminisce over #4's greatness together. Should I send Mooch along too? 

Mine and everybody else here who merely acknowledges that Luck threw a pick or 20 this year, without even going as far as to say it. All the first poster said was that Luck has similarities with Favre and he was referring more to the touchdowns in triple coverage than the ints. You've since done a perfect amfootball/Brady impression switching Brady for Luck.

Ah yes, the classic I'm losing my own argument so let's introduce Brady something completely irrelevant to the subject matter being discussed at hand. 

Look, you love Favre & I do not. Neither one of us is going to persuade the other one to change their mind on #4. It is what it is. No one is moving from their previous position. So be it. 

Brett deserves to be in the HOF. Beyond that, you & I diverge paths concerning Favre's overall QB legacy. It's as simple as that. 

Let's see, Brett threw a pick in the 2009 NFC Championship Game vs the Saints which cost him a shot at his 3rd SB, but you're right, I nit picking. LOL!

Do you know how many times Brett Favre threw a boneheaded pass that knocked the Packers out of the Playoffs?

More times than I care to remember. 336 interceptions doesn't just fall arbitrarily out of the sky you know.

Who cares what other HOF QBs INT Stats are BC. When Bogie started this thread he called it "Everything Brett Favre" right? Not list every NFL QB to ever throw multiple picks correct?

I hate to pop your bubble on Brett Favre BC, but he's not as exceptional as you think he is. Maybe you & John Madden can meet up & reminisce over #4's greatness together. Should I send Mooch along too?

And that tied the game. It took OT and the refs to finally put that game away by 3.

"All things Brett Favre" certainly includes ints. Just don't leave the part out about how Peyton Manning needs 13 more ints to join the 10 most int'd quarterbacks to make that the second Colt on that list.

Ah yes, the classic I'm losing my own argument so let's introduce Brady something completely irrelevant to the subject matter being discussed at hand.

Look, you love Favre & I do not. Neither one of us is going to persuade the other one to change their mind on #4. It is what it is. No one is moving from their previous position. So be it.

Brett deserves to be in the HOF. Beyond that, you & I diverge paths concerning Favre's overall QB legacy. It's as simple as that.

You asked how Luck was similar to Favre, and insisted he isn't because he doesn't throw into triple coverage or throw picks. You asked that in response to Gavin who wasn't just talking about picks. Since you wanted to concentrate on that 1 stat though, I reminded you that Luck threw 20 of them this year...similar to Favre. A) It was your argument. B) You lost it.

And that tied the game. It took OT and the refs to finally put that game away by 3.

"All things Brett Favre" certainly includes ints. Just don't leave the part out about how Peyton Manning needs 13 more ints to join the 10 most int'd quarterbacks to make that the second Colt on that list.

Why are you bringing up other QBs to deflect the issue?

Why are you bringing up other QBs to deflect the issue?

I'm not deflecting the issue. I'm exposing the issue for the fact that it's small potatoes by showing you the company Favre has in the interception category. Meanwhile forget other quarterbacks, all I did with bring up other Colts. The actual list of all quarterbacks is unbelievable.

I'm not deflecting the issue. I'm exposing the issue for the fact that it's small potatoes by showing you the company Favre has in the interception category. Meanwhile forget other quarterbacks, all I did with bring up other Colts. The actual list of all quarterbacks is unbelievable.

So it's not as big of a deal as you make it out to be?

My response to the first post about anybody throwing any interceptions (Luck was implied first actually, followed by Favre in southwest's borderline meltdown) was that the Luck/Favre comparison wasn't all about interceptions and that it was meant as a compliment. Furthermore I just refered to it as "small potatoes." If what you get out of that is that interceptions are a big deal to me then...ugh.

Did Favre throw a pick in the 2009 NFC Championship Game to end the Vikings post season run that year yes or no? The answer is yes. I also complemented Favre on "the beating he took darn near winning that game." So, in effect, I did say or infer that Brett was indeed tough & almost won that game. 

Again, bringing up Peyton Manning's interception record as a whole or season by season has nothing to do with a topic centered exclusively around #4. It's a bait & switch debate tactic with no relevancy to the topic at hand. 

My response to the first post about anybody throwing any interceptions (Luck was implied first actually, followed by Favre in southwest's borderline meltdown) was that the Luck/Favre comparison wasn't all about interceptions and that it was meant as a compliment. Furthermore I just refered to it as "small potatoes." If what you get out of that is that interceptions are a big deal to me then...ugh.

You love Brett Favre & cannot tolerate any criticism of him as a QB. That's the issue here BC. 

How is comparing Luck to Favre a complement when a number of crucial interceptions ended both the Packers & Vikings seasons under Favre's leadership respectively? Now, if you wanna make the logical argument like Gavin did that Andrew needs to reduce his picks to advance further in the Playoffs & have a better shot playing in a SB, I can work with that. But, don't gloss over Favre's interception weaknesses like it's not a big deal or insignificant. INT's are more than "small potatoes" BC. 

The reason why I don't think Luck's comparison to Favre is not applicable is because of INDY's lack of a reliable ground game. Brett had Dorsey Levens. Whose Luck got Boom Herron? Nowhere near the production we need to balance our offense & reduce the need to rely on throwing so much which would lower the frequency of interceptions on Luck's behalf. Okay, you could make the point that Bradshaw was productive but injury issues keep him sidelined forcing us to rely on Trent Richardson's useless running & Boom's good but not great yards on the ground. Favre had a much better running game than Luck does for a longer duration of time & he still threw the highest number of picks in the history of the NFL as a professional QB. Facts are facts BC. 

Did Favre throw a pick in the 2009 NFC Championship Game to end the Vikings post season run that year yes or no? The answer is yes. I also complemented Favre on "the beating he took darn near winning that game." So, in effect, I did say or infer that Brett was indeed tough & almost won that game.

Again, bringing up Peyton Manning's interception record as a whole or season by season has nothing to do with a topic centered exclusively around #4. It's a bait & switch debate tactic with no relevancy to the topic at hand.

The answer is no. They played a whole other quarter that saw Favre never even take the field, which was a sham because the Vikings clearly stopped them on 4th down. Besides Rice wasn't where he was supposed to be. That's what everybody forgets about that play, along with the fact that the other option was a 55 yard FG like it was automatic. Then over in the Bevell thread ya'll are hold on hold on the Lynch play wasn't automatic.

Like it or not the fact that Peyton and several other HoFers have threw a ton of interceptions is a part of any topic where somebody talks interceptions. I would say the same thing if this were a Peyton Manning topic that where somebody talked about his interceptions.

The answer is no. They played a whole other quarter that saw Favre never even take the field, which was a sham because the Vikings clearly stopped them on 4th down. Besides Rice wasn't where he was supposed to be. That's what everybody forgets about that play, along with the fact that the other option was a 55 yard FG like it was automatic. Then over in the Bevell thread ya'll are hold on hold on the Lynch play wasn't automatic.

Like it or not the fact that Peyton and several other HoFers have threw a ton of interceptions is a part of any topic where somebody talks interceptions. I would say the same thing if this were a Peyton Manning topic that where somebody talked about his interceptions.

Favre had 10-15 yards in front of him to run and make it a 40 yard FG but instead decided to throw across his body down field. Perhaps the worst decision by a player ever in a playoff game and right up there with Carroll calling a pass play on the one.

You love Brett Favre & cannot tolerate any criticism of him as a QB. That's the issue here BC.

How is comparing Luck to Favre a complement when a number of crucial interceptions ended both the Packers & Vikings seasons under Favre's leadership respectively? Now, if you wanna make the logical argument like Gavin did that Andrew needs to reduce his picks to advance further in the Playoffs & have a better shot playing in a SB, I can work with that. But, don't gloss over Favre's interception weaknesses like it's not a big deal or insignificant. INT's are more than "small potatoes" BC.

The reason why I don't think Luck's comparison to Favre is not applicable is because of INDY's lack of a reliable ground game. Brett had Dorsey Levens. Whose Luck got Boom Herron? Nowhere near the production we need to balance our offense & reduce the need to rely on throwing so much which would lower the frequency of interceptions on Luck's behalf. Okay, you could make the point that Bradshaw was productive but injury issues keep him sidelined forcing us to rely on Trent Richardson's useless running & Boom's good but not great yards on the ground. Favre had a much better running game than Luck does for a longer duration of time & he still threw the highest number of picks in the history of the NFL as a professional QB. Facts are facts BC.

Alot of the chances Favre took ended in crucial touchdowns, not just interceptions. That's the main similarity he has with Favre among other similarities. You act like quarterbacks can just mash a button to reduce interceptions. They can reduce the chances they take, but not the results of every chance. It's no longer a chance when you know the result before you even throw it. Anyway could Luck reduce the number of chances he takes? Sure...but careful what you wish for. Imagine if Luck started sliding on every 3rd down and lost twice a year to the Patriots for the next 3 years like Rodgers (the posterboy of safe quarterbacks) did against the 49ers.

Dorsey Levans had 1 season over 1000 yards and 1 season for exactly 1000 yards.

Favre had 10-15 yards in front of him to run and make it a 40 yard FG but instead decided to throw across his body down field. Perhaps the worst decision by a player ever in a playoff game and right up there with Carroll calling a pass play on the one.

Are we really going to pretend that we don't know why Favre didn't run...

Are we really going to pretend that we don't know why Favre didn't run...

He rolled out just fine on his ankle. Just run forward 10 yards and you got a 45 yard FG. Even if he just fell forward, you are looking at 50. The only he could not do was throw the pick across his body. But really, Peterson blew that game for you with his fumbles. That is really the forgotten part of the game.

It had nothing to do with whether you believed it or not, it was obnoxious because it dominated all media platforms related to football and we had to have it force fed down our throats for 3 straight off seasons when I just wanted to get info on the draft, free agency etc

You get sick of hearing about that stuff over and over, but the media was relentless and I think Favre fed into that

Yeah, I remember that. I turned the channel....problem solved.

He rolled out just fine on his ankle. Just run forward 10 yards and you got a 45 yard FG. Even if he just fell forward, you are looking at 50. The only he could not do was throw the pick across his body. But really, Peterson blew that game for you with his fumbles. That is really the forgotten part of the game.

Rolling out and running 15 yards aren't exactly the same. There are a ton forgotten (ignored) things in that game.

Rolling out and running 15 yards aren't exactly the same. There are a ton forgotten (ignored) things in that game.

Sure but anything but throwing there gives you a shot at the win and avoids OT and the lousy refs. That was probably Favre's biggest weakness. It was not that he threw a ton of picks, it is that he had no sense of the moment and what was required. He just could never seem to take the safe play when it was right in front of him. That is in part why he was such an exciting player to watch. You just never knew what he was going to do. His MVP years in the mid-90's was some of the best QBing of all time. And he really never had great receivers or RBs either.

When a thread is clearly devoted to 1 specific QB who is specified by name, I fail to see the validity in mentioning other field general names unless another NFL QB has an identical problem throwing INTs which inhibits their chance to win SBs on a regular basis. Why is this concept so difficult for you too grasp? Would a pop up book with pictures help you grasp this idea more clearly BC? 

If legacies of a QB are ultimately judged on Championships, then Brett's poor decision making cannot be overlooked or dismissed. Brett deserves credit for playing in 2 SBs & winning 1 of them as well as almost getting Minnesota over the hump yes. But at the end of the day, picks are picks & Favre was an experienced veteran who made bad decisions at the worst possible times in the post season. Facts are facts. 

Yeah, I remember that. I turned the channel....problem solved.

You couldn't turn the channel though Retirement Gate & Brett Favre was everywhere on every sports outlet imaginable. That was the whole darn problem Favre related stories were everywhere. They were almost unavoidable across the entire Badger state for what felt like an eternity.

Trust me on this one. Living through it directly & seeing it from a distance was an entirely different animal. 

When a thread is clearly devoted to 1 specific QB who is specified by name, I fail to see the validity in mentioning other field general names unless another NFL QB has an identical problem throwing INTs which inhibits their chance to win SBs on a regular basis? Why is this concept so difficult for you too grasp? Would a pop up book with pictures help you grasp this idea more clearly BC?

I'm not the 1 having difficulty grasping concepts here.

Sure but anything but throwing there gives you a shot at the win and avoids OT and the lousy refs. That was probably Favre's biggest weakness. It was not that he threw a ton of picks, it is that he had no sense of the moment and what was required. He just could never seem to take the safe play when it was right in front of him. That is in part why he was such an exciting player to watch. You just never knew what he was going to do. His MVP years in the mid-90's was some of the best QBing of all time. And he really never had great receivers or RBs either.

I just don't agree. The worst case scenario was OT, which happened. Then as bad as the illegal hits, turnovers, etc. were, what happened in OT was even worse. The Saints were literally pushed down the field in a stroller by the refs.

And yet some guy with the initials BC continues to bring up Peyton Manning repeatedly & SW1 is the one with comprehension problem here.

Yeah, sure keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. haha

Your last post brought up Peyton Manning. My last post did not. Work with that and get back to me I guess.

I just don't agree. The worst case scenario was OT, which happened. Then as bad as the illegal hits, turnovers, etc. were, what happened in OT was even worse. The Saints were literally pushed down the field in a stroller by the refs.

OT never comes if he does not throw that ball and picks up what he can on the ground giving his kicker a chance at winning the game.

OT never comes if he does not throw that ball and picks up what he can on the ground giving his kicker a chance at winning the game.

O lawd no...a 40 year old, crippled Brett Favre gaining yards and getting out of bounds plus a 40 yard field goal (assuming he gets 15...5 and 50 was more realistic) is guaranteed if he doesn't throw? But over in the other thread you're pounding it in to everybody's head that a 1 yard Marshawn Lynch run was never guaranteed, in atleast 2 tries, if Wilson doesn't throw. Great Googley Moogley this thread.......

O lawd no...a 40 year old, crippled Brett Favre gaining yards and getting out of bounds plus a 40 yard field goal (assuming he gets 15...5 and 50 was more realistic) is guaranteed if he doesn't throw? But over in the other thread you're pounding it in to everybody's head that a 1 yard Marshawn Lynch run was never guaranteed, in atleast 2 tries, if Wilson doesn't throw. Great Googley Moogley this thread.......

Who said anything about a guarantee? We are talking win probability like we were over on the other thread. There are NO guarantees in football. But Favre on a roll out with green in front of him? No brainer. Take the yards and kick the FG. It was a dome too making it an easier FG from long distance.

Similar to the SB this year, the only thing you could not have was a INT to take a great chance at winning out of your hands.