Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SOS 2015 (Colts at 31)

danlhart87

This is inaccurate for we never really know how weak or strong a schedule is until the season is half way over.

For all we know, the NFC South could become competitive again. I highly doubt that division will be as terrible next season. 

Though I do agree the Colts have a weak schedule since they have the privilege of playing against Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville twice a year. 

This is inaccurate for we never really know how weak or strong a schedule is until the season is half way over.

For all we know, the NFC South could become competitive again. I highly doubt that division will be as terrible next season. 

Though I do agree the Colts have a weak schedule since they have the privilege of playing against Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville twice a year. 

True but this is sort of a base line template and there will be the exceptions. ie: Jax will not go 12-4 etc.

My heart bleeds for the Steelers.

You kinda just contradicted yourself. Who knows, maybe the Texans could get a good QB and return to a playoff contender status, Bortles could take the next step as the Jags' franchise QB, and Jake Locker could return and push the Titans forth to a competitive state?

You kinda just contradicted yourself. Who knows, maybe the Texans could get a good QB and return to a playoff contender status, Bortles could take the next step as the Jags' franchise QB, and Jake Locker could return and push the Titans forth to a competitive state?

It really is those 10 games, though -- 6 AFC South and 4 NFC South -- that drag the Colts near the bottom of this list, along with the Falcons. 

Of course, as always, these lists are entirely useless.

Every season this list is made up. Every season this list ends up being crap. You can almost be certain there will be at least 5 teams who play a lot better than thought. Then there are the 5 teams who fall big time. It may differ from 1 or 2 teams one way or another but it's true every year.

Sure Jax and Tenn are bad but Houston is not comparatively as bad. I think the AFC South has two good teams and two bad teams, which is not the strongest or the weakest in terms of each division (maybe 3rd weakest overall).

The Texans could realistically be a force as soon as next season if they either sign (Manning) or trade (Foles) for a good QB.

If Jax improves I think our division can be around .500 next season.

Of the many, ridiculous pre-season exercises, the SOS "analysis" has to be near the top of the list.  It's not completely meaningless, but about as close to meaningless as you can get.

Teams change from one season to the next.  A lot.  Draft picks.  UDFA's. Injuries.  Players improving.  Players Declining.  Locker room issues. 

It also depends on when you play a team.  Playing a team in October that's struggling at 2-2 is a lot different than playing that same team in late December when it's 11-3.  After four games last season, a lot of people had written off both the Seahawks and the Patriots, but nobody wanted to play either team in December or January.

Of the many, ridiculous pre-season exercises, the SOS "analysis" has to be near the top of the list.  It's not completely meaningless, but about as close to meaningless as you can get.

Teams change from one season to the next.  A lot.  Draft picks.  UDFA's. Injuries.  Players improving.  Players Declining.  Locker room issues. 

It also depends on when you play a team.  Playing a team in October that's struggling at 2-2 is a lot different than playing that same team in late December when it's 11-3.  After four games last season, a lot of people had written off both the Seahawks and the Patriots, but nobody wanted to play either team in December or January.

Good points. I said this last year but I'll say it again, I think the division is going to be much improved this year.

Good points. I said this last year but I'll say it again, I think the division is going to be much improved this year.

Plus, we're also in the "silly season" after the SB and before all the player moves that starts with the designation of Franchise players next week and before the draft.  Then there's another "silly season" after Free Agents are signed and OTA's/Minicamps begin.