Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are your WR predictions?

bap1331

Things are looking foggy with reggie but I still want him around. Does austin collie finally get moved up? Who do you see starting and backing up?

OBVIOUSLY ty hilton. My prediction is TY, a wr from the draft and a free agent with carter, moncrief and reggie going into the mix throughout the game.

By Collie I assume you mean Whalen?....

Also Moncrief will almost definitely be in the starting lineup. Carter, if he can show the growth and potential in the off season, should share the #3 spot along with Reggie if he returns... Unless we get someone else in free agency I dont see anyone else starting above them.

OK, so just for the sake of conversation, What if Grigs went after Dez? Could you guys imagine Dez Bryant and TY, with Moncrief as the number 3? Wow. It would almost be unfair to the rest of the league to give Luck a weapon like him, that's why I'm so big on us drafting a guy like DGB. A go up and get it type beast.

That is what Moncrief and, hopefully, Carter are for...

Why do people want Wayne to go one more year?

Father Time has his arms around him, I think he's done, can't get seperation anymore and has really slowed down

Before Wayne hurt his arm, he was on pace to have over 85 catches, which is a very good year.

I don't see Wayne wanting to come back if he doesn't think he can recover (not only from his triceps, but also continue to improve his knee).  If he does want to come back, he deserves to go out on his own terms.  He is still better than Whalen, so even if he comes back and has to be the 4th/5th WR (which I don't see happening, as he was playing like a #1 before getting hurt against the Bengals), we're better off with Wayne than Whalen.

My thoughts on the initial post:

TY, Moncrief, Wayne are 3 I want on the team.

I hope Carter proves he can play in this league and makes the team, though I hope his signing doesn't prevent the front office from going after another play maker or 2 at WR.  I'd not be opposed to us bringing Nicks back, he is one of the better #4 WRs in the league, and I think with another healthy off-season he still has room to improve.  It'd be nice to see us get a guy with a little more speed, though.  I'd love to see Torrey Smith come to Indy.

Things are looking foggy with reggie but I still want him around. Does austin collie finally get moved up? Who do you see starting and backing up?

OBVIOUSLY ty hilton. My prediction is TY, a wr from the draft and a free agent with carter, moncrief and reggie going into the mix throughout the game.

Collie? i think you meant Wahlen possibly? 

IMO it looks like this TY. Nicks, Moncreif, Carter, Allen, Fleener 

Here is what I would hope for:

TY Hilton

Donte Moncrief

Cecil Shorts

Phillip Dorsett 

Duron Carter

I really like this post, if that is the WR's for the Colts this year.  The question would be who would you double cover?  Donte is pretty fast, so is Cecil Short (should be able to sign this guy).  We all know how cat-quick, and fast TY is.  The one WR every team will have trouble keeping up with is Phillip Dorsett. The guy is TY quick and fast.  And Duron I see him as a Reggie Wayne type WR (NO I am not comparing him with Reggie, but 6 ft 5 with 4.5 speed, & pretty good hands). With those guys at WR and I hope it happens.  The Colts will be two players from being unstoppable.  A Right Guard and tackle. 

i think carter will either be boom or bust.  unlike moncrief hes used to being a go to reciever.  the question is can he learn the play book and stay out of trouble, and on the coachs good side

Not sure why Carter has to either be boom or bust?   

There are all sorts of possibilities between those two extremes, and it's more likely that he'll be somewhere between those two extremes rather than boom or bust.

Not sure why Carter has to either be boom or bust?   

There are all sorts of possibilities between those two extremes, and it's more likely that he'll be somewhere between those two extremes rather than boom or bust.

by boom i mean a solid number 2.  that would be a big pick up for this team making it a boom imo. if he doesnt contribute significantly, as in a decent #3. then bust

Brandon Marshall anyone?

I know he didn't have a great season, but no one in Chicago did.

pros:

He´s big, have good hands and he´s not the most expensive WR in FA.

cons:

Have had some problems with his attitude, injuries have set him a bit back, and he might choose the money and a last big contract.

But overall I could see him excel together with Andrew Luck, TY and do some damage against defenses.

Thoughts?