Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Need Ndamukong

It would only be ten percent of the cap, assuming $15m/year.

And the thinking is that dynamic talent is productive no matter what. If he were receptive to the scheme change, I don't think there would be any problem with him fitting the defense and still being a playmaker.

I also don't think he's a Haynesworth kind of person.

But we agree that typically, free agents don't live up to expectations. You're more likely to have a bad experience than a good one, historically speaking. With Suh, the ceiling is pretty high, enough that it's worth considering. But I'm not for it. Too much risk.

What do you think of Rolando McClain and Will Hill Supe? Also live your idea of signing Fairley. And what do you think of Prewitt S from ole miss and whet could he go in the draft? Thanks

What do you think of Rolando McClain and Will Hill Supe? Also live your idea of signing Fairley. And what do you think of Prewitt S from ole miss and whet could he go in the draft? Thanks

Will Hill is a restricted free agent, so everybody should scratch him from their wish lists.

McClain is interesting. I think he would fit, but I don't see us spending more money on a veteran ILB. Plus, he has some character concerns.

I don't know a whole lot about Prewitt. I think he has potential as a cover man, but he'd struggle covering the good TEs and slot receivers that we'd want him to cover. I don't know about his speed and quickness. And for all his size, he doesn't really show up with authority like you'd think. That was my impression when I watched him.

Will Hill is a restricted free agent, so everybody should scratch him from their wish lists.

McClain is interesting. I think he would fit, but I don't see us spending more money on a veteran ILB. Plus, he has some character concerns.

I don't know a whole lot about Prewitt. I think he has potential as a cover man, but he'd struggle covering the good TEs and slot receivers that we'd want him to cover. I don't know about his speed and quickness. And for all his size, he doesn't really show up with authority like you'd think. That was my impression when I watched him.

I thought Hill only had a 1 year deal damn :( I like McClain he is still pretty young that's why I like him and I think he could be alot better then what we got in coverage plus he is a good run stopper

I thought Hill only had a 1 year deal damn :( I like McClain he is still pretty young that's why I like him and I think he could be alot better then what we got in coverage plus he is a good run stopper

Hill did have a one year deal, but he only has three years of service, so the Ravens retain his rights. Also, if the Colts wanted him and his RFA rights, they could have claimed him off waivers, or signed him. I think they consciously passed on him, due to his issues.

Hill did have a one year deal, but he only has three years of service, so the Ravens retain his rights. Also, if the Colts wanted him and his RFA rights, they could have claimed him off waivers, or signed him. I think they consciously passed on him, due to his issues.

yeah but with how he has been playing and our S situation could have kicked the tires

How do you know this?

DT in a 4-3 is a different position than DE in a 3-4

The weakside DE in the colt's scheme is not a pure 3-4 DE.  He is more a hybrid 3 tech/5 tech.  I don't see any issue with Suh playing in that spot.  Not to mention, he'd be a big time interior pass rusher in our Nickel fronts, and the Colts play a lot of Nickel.

There's no way we can afford him.

well that's simply not true

He'd be a dog on our D line, no doubt. But I have an issue with both his mean streak being a little too mean at some points and the size of contract he's going to want.

If the Colts had drafted him in the first place would you still think his contract is too big and just let him walk? If you want something really good, you have to pay for it. That mean streak is part of what makes him work. You won't find many choirboys at his position.