Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suh wants to sign with seahawks but oakland may overbid

bap1331

They have more than Wilson to pay...      They already have given a 3/4 of their DBackfield the BIG bucks..  

Along with some DLmen..    Seattle has some really hard decisions to make.

OG Carpenter...     Come on over to Indy.....  heeheee

I'd love for him to go to Seattle. Him and Wilson destroying their cap is music to my ears.

I am hearing talk on national radio of Suh getting ...    QB type money?   I'm sorry but he is NOT Reggie White or Bruce Smith.    He is A STUD.     He is the BEST interior lineman in the NFL but he is NOT worth destroying you cap over.   

I would gladly pay him 10m per...      But that is IT.     He will go where the money is .     And it won't be Seattle.

Can't blame him. I'd never pass up millions of dollars.

Thank you for posting this. Too often we fans act like athletes are terrible people for wanting to get paid a lot of money.

This is his job. I dare say everyone on this forum has quit a job to go someplace that pays more

Thank you for posting this. Too often we fans act like athletes are terrible people for wanting to get paid a lot of money.

This is his job. I dare say everyone on this forum has quit a job to go someplace that pays more

I can never blame the athlete for taking the money. They don't play very long and always risk injury.

I think a lot of fans forget this is a business and think every player needs to be so loyal as to pass up millions of dollars.

I can never blame the athlete for taking the money. They don't play very long and always risk injury.

I think a lot of fans forget this is a business and think every player needs to be so loyal as to pass up millions of dollars.

Not to mention these guys are literally one play away from retiring.

Mark this down. Suh isn't signing with Seattle. But can you imagine a D-Line of Avril-Mebane-Suh-Bennett. Wow, then I guess they'd cut McDaniel or keep him as a backup for a year while they still can. I think he'll stay in Detroit, but a few teams to watch would be Oakland, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, and possibly Chicago if they could free up cap space by releasing Cutler. That's just a few 4-3 teams that might make sense, but I'm more than sure some 3-4 teams will look at him as an end too.

Hawks can't really afford him but how ridiculous would their defense be if they could?

Yes they can, that's the scary part. They're about $20m under the cap right now, assuming a $140m cap in 2015, and including their 2015 draft signings. They have some notable free agents, but none that are core pieces or that will even be considerably expensive. They'll probably extend Wilson at some point before the season starts, but they don't absolutely have to. And they have Lynch at $8.5m, and there's been a ton of speculation that he won't be there. 

So if they wanted, they could absolutely sign Suh.

I think it would be interesting to see him in Seattle from a cap management standpoint. With the money they'll be paying Wilson and the money they'd give Suh, I'd be interested to see how they handle their contracts and cap situation. I don't see him going to Seattle, though

I see him in seattle. Seattle is going to be so angry next season my prediction for next years super bowl is already seattle vs (AFC team goes here)

I see him in seattle. Seattle is going to be so angry next season my prediction for next years super bowl is already seattle vs (AFC team goes here)

Too early to say.  It's like how the Broncos were yelling 38 to each other during offseason workouts to remind themselves of what happened in their Super Bowl.  Teams may be motivated and angry at the start of the year, but it's a long season and those emotions wear out quickly

except that nobody who is starring in the NFL is passing up money..

minimum salary is really good..

...Suh will hardly be underaid wherever he goes....I agree he owes little to the city (he's not from there) but if he feels Detroit treated him well and his friends, coaches and teammates are good....he should stay where he is..

Loyalty to them does matter

except that nobody who is starring in the NFL is passing up money..

minimum salary is really good..

...Suh will hardly be underaid wherever he goes....I agree he owes little to the city (he's not from there) but if he feels Detroit treated him well and his friends, coaches and teammates are good....he should stay where he is..

Loyalty to them does matter

You're not correct. Players are often offered dramatically different deals by multiple teams.  

You're not correct. Players are often offered dramatically different deals by multiple teams.

But that isn't the point...Obviously players are offered different dollar amounts.

But NFL free agents..who their team still wants aren't going make them chose between $15 million over 4 years and $15 an hour..

Unless your team is asking you to take a pay cut..(which means they don't really want you) .you are not gong to be offered drastically different dollars

You're choosing between one good deal and a bigger, better deal.

In my mind, if you are in a situation you like, with friends and coaches you relate to..in a place you like

Stay where you are.

Talking specifinally about Detroit, Suh isn't going to be low-balled by the Lions..

..and he may need friends fans and people who understand him...(you know how he is)

When you go someplace new...you lose all that support...and good will you built up.

Loyalty does matter..both ways....the best deal isn't always the top dollar. I'm sure he knows that

Im sure suh knows that if he wants to win a sb at this point, he has to join the hawks or pats. But pats already have wilfork. So probably the colts.

That's not crazy..with big earners Robert and Reggie..certain to retire in the next year or two..we could afford him..

even with the big offensive pay deals (Andrew, TY and the TEs) we have to sign soon..

I also think Chuck Pagano could relate to him and keep him in line. Depends on whether he wants $10 mil or something like $15 mil

newmedia@seattlepi.com

Would you want Ndamukong Suh on the Seahawks?
Posted on February 6, 2015 | By Nick Eaton

"It seems unlikely, however, that Suh would end up in Seattle. The Seahawks face a tricky offseason negotiating the NFL’s salary cap, with Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Byron Maxwell, Bobby Wagner and others up soon for new deals. Yet while Suh’s high price might not be affordable to the Seahawks, the possibility of his joining the Hawks is certainly worth a look by GM John Schneider and his staff."

But that isn't the point...Obviously players are offered different dollar amounts.

But NFL free agents..who their team still wants aren't going make them chose between $15 million over 4 years and $15 an hour..

Unless your team is asking you to take a pay cut..(which means they don't really want you) .you are not gong to be offered drastically different dollars

You're choosing between one good deal and a bigger, better deal.

In my mind, if you are in a situation you like, with friends and coaches you relate to..in a place you like

Stay where you are.

Talking specifinally about Detroit, Suh isn't going to be low-balled by the Lions..

..and he may need friends fans and people who understand him...(you know how he is)

When you go someplace new...you lose all that support...and good will you built up.

Loyalty does matter..both ways....the best deal isn't always the top dollar. I'm sure he knows that

If it's a difference of a year and $25 million, then that'd be hard to pass up and it's likely he will get a way better deal of he leaves.

I am curious. Would Tampa Bay trade the number one pick for Russell Wilson? Now they could draft Marieta or Winston and pay them the rookie scale, resign all of their own players and add Suh. Could this be a new formula for winning championships?

:36dancing:

Of course they would.