Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So what do the colts do at runningback?

bap1331

Im hearing a lot of mixed reviews. Im all but done with all the runningback experiments. We need to move on with someone elusive and fast like sproles in the draft. Then a power runningback to help tire the defenses even more. Also keep that other guy with butter fingers. Lol.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say it is worth a first round pick.  if we can get the first one off of the board then take him!  yes we need help on the Oline, but we need a guard, those will be there in later rounds.

take the best value between RB, NT or pass rusher in the first.

those that say ILB or safety are crazy.  we could use an upgrade at safety but the other positions are more important.  ILB is not even top 5 needs for this team

i say it is worth a first round pick. if we can get the first one off of the board then take him! yes we need help on the Oline, but we need a guard, those will be there in later rounds.

those that say ILB or safety are crazy. we could use an upgrade at safety but the other positions are more important. ILB is not even top 5 needs for this team

Coleman is projected to be 2nd-3rd round. No running back is worth a first rounder nowadays unless you're excatly sure of it. ILB is probably a need because Jackson may get cut.

i say it is worth a first round pick.  if we can get the first one off of the board then take him!  yes we need help on the Oline, but we need a guard, those will be there in later rounds.

those that say ILB or saftey are crazy.  we could use an upgrade at saftey but the other positions are more important.  ILB is not even top 5 needs for this team

Two first round picks on RBs in a span of 3 years? So you want Grigson to get fired? Say goodbye to  that cheap CFL talent pipeline. /s; kinda not /s

swing for the fences guys.  there are backs worthy of the 29th pick this year.  dont let TR keep us from making the move we need to make

jackson isnt going anywhere lol, his arrest is not a big deal

that said i will be happy if we can get a blue chip NT or pass rusher.  something does have to be done at RB still.

Everybody seems to forget our defense got destroyed multiple times past seasons. We need playmaker on D. I really hope we don't draft a rb until at least the third round.

I would be ok with this. A better defense means more opportunities to produce on offense. That can only mean GREAT things for a 3rd-4th-5th round RB.

I would be ok with this. A better defense means more opportunities to produce on offense. That can only mean GREAT things for a 3rd-4th-5th round RB.

i will explain my thoughts on this.  first we already have RBs of that caliber.  if thats the type of player you want to see, well we already have herron, and several other mid/late round picks on the roster or becoming FAs.  this team needs a starter at RB and bradshaw is too injury prone to be the guy.

we arnt the patriots, we need somebody to be THE GUY

we do need an impact guy on D, i would like it to be NT but it doesnt have to be specifically that.  really any impact player could do the trick on that sideof the ball.

those that say ILB or safety are crazy.  we could use an upgrade at safety but the other positions are more important.  ILB is not even top 5 needs for this team

wow, I couldn't disagree more.  ILB was a big need even before the recent arrests of Jackson, Jackson and McNary.  DQ Jackson, aside from not necessarily being a great MLB also is not a spring chicken.  Freeman has been pretty good but I think is overrated by many.  Andrew Jackson is a 6th round pick that may or may not turn into a good player, and that's assuming he's kept after the recent arrest.

I'd take a blue chip ILB or Safety LONG before considering spending a top pick on a RB, and by top pick I mean anything in the first 3 rounds. 

i will explain my thoughts on this.  first we already have RBs of that caliber.  if thats the type of player you want to see, well we already have herron, and several other mid/late round picks on the roster or becoming FAs.  this team needs a starter at RB and bradshaw is too injury prone to be the guy.

we arnt the patriots, we need somebody to be THE GUY

we do need an impact guy on D, i would like it to be NT but it doesnt have to be specifically that.  really any impact player could do the trick on that sideof the ball.

So we know that you want the Colts to use the first round pick on a RB but, you have not stated who...

It just seems silly to put your eggs in that basket without a name because the chances of more than one running back going in the first round are slim.

So who is that one guy that the Colts need to take at #29?

i will explain my thoughts on this.  first we already have RBs of that caliber.  if thats the type of player you want to see, well we already have herron, and several other mid/late round picks on the roster or becoming FAs.  this team needs a starter at RB and bradshaw is too injury prone to be the guy

What? The poster you quoted said "That can only mean GREAT things for a 3rd-4th-5th round RB."  You say we have already have guys of that caliber.  Yet the only RB on the roster that fits into that category is Ballard.

the RBs currently on the roster:

Vick Ballard - 5th round pick but IRd last 2 years.  Who knows how he'll be upon his return

Ahmad Bradshaw - 7th round pick

Trent Richardson - 1st round pick

Zurlon Tipton - UDFA

Jeff Demps - UDFA

Boom Herron - 6th round pick

Michael Hill - UDFA

I want Coleman in the 3rd personally and I also hope we get Spiller on a cheep 1 year deal.

Would love to see Spiller in the Colts offense. I'd re-sign Boom, sign Spiller, and draft a RB. Love Coleman but I'd think it would cost a 2nd round pick--he has enough talent/upside to go before the late 3rd. Ballard, Tiption, Demps, and the rest can compete to round out the roster. 

What? The poster you quoted said "That can only mean GREAT things for a 3rd-4th-5th round RB."  You say we have already have guys of that caliber.  Yet the only RB on the roster that fits into that category is Ballard.

the RBs currently on the roster:

Vick Ballard - 5th round pick but IRd last 2 years.  Who knows how he'll be upon his return

Ahmad Bradshaw - 7th round pick

Trent Richardson - 1st round pick

Zurlon Tipton - UDFA

Jeff Demps - UDFA

Boom Herron - 6th round pick

Michael Hill - UDFA

i was talking about herron.  yeah he was technically a 6th rounder but hes of the same caliber as ballard imo. bradshaw was what we needed when healthy but i think its time to move on.  or at least find somebody to play in front of him on the depth chart.(not TR)

the backs i was referring to in the draft were Gurley and Gordon.

Once RG and RT are upgraded the Colts could justify picking a RB in the draft. Preferably on day 3.

if you are going to do that why not just stick with herron, ballard and tipton.  i dont think that group will get it done, but are we going to find anyone better that late in the draft?

swing for the fences guys.  there are backs worthy of the 29th pick this year.  dont let TR keep us from making the move we need to make

jackson isnt going anywhere lol, his arrest is not a big deal

that said i will be happy if we can get a blue chip NT or pass rusher.  something does have to be done at RB still.

Picking a RB in the first is swinging for the fences? More like a bunt....

Im hearing a lot of mixed reviews. Im all but done with all the runningback experiments. We need to move on with someone elusive and fast like sproles in the draft. Then a power runningback to help tire the defenses even more. Also keep that other guy with butter fingers. Lol.

I don't think there would ever have to be an experiment if we just fixed the OL!  A great OL makes a bad RB look pretty good...

if you are going to do that why not just stick with herron, ballard and tipton.  i dont think that group will get it done, but are we going to find anyone better that late in the draft?

You're right!  We might as well stick with Herron, uh hmmm Richardson, and Tipton.  Ballard and Bradshaw are more worthless than Trent, they are always injured!  We don't NEED a great RB, but we do NEED a good OL!  That's why we focus on that first.  Trust me the RB situation will work itself out, if the Colts would actually spend money on a good OL.

Bring back Brad, Tipton, and Boom...     draft Tev or AA in the third IF they are there ( most likely not)

then go after Cobb or Davis if they are there in the 4th or 5th...      JMO

First 2 picks in the draft have got to be contributors on D...    they just have to be.   JMO   The D needs play makers so badly..