Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl game thread

21isSuperman

To me, it showed the resilience of the Seahawks offense, an underrated aspect, to be honest. That Richard Mathews guy came out of nowhere to almost upset the apple cart. He could have been MVP if he caught that last pass that was intended for him.

31 seconds before the half and 3 timeouts, they score a TD, are you kidding me? That is why it is hard to put the Seahawks away, have to play 60 minutes.

The same 31 seconds and 2 timeouts for John Fox and the Broncos after a Jacoby Jones hail mary from Joe Flacco, John Fox asks Peyton to take a knee??? :scratch:  You never win the lottery if you don't play and having the confidence from a coach and QB is half the battle to go for it with 6 seconds to go and no timeouts.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He lost games which is something Bradshaw & Montana never did in their runs... and there is nothing tainted about those runs either.

He lost games which is something Bradshaw & Montana never did in their runs... and there is nothing tainted about those runs either.

No, the pats lost a couple and the Niners didn't. It's a team sport

So Brady's status as GOAT was dependent on whether or not the Seattle offense could pick up 1 yard?

Not really. Another gamewinning drive in a SB.

4 SB titles in 6 tries (been to more SBs than anyone) with 3 SB MVPs, insane stats. He's got it all.

To me, it showed the resilience of the Seahawks offense, an underrated aspect, to be honest. That Richard Mathews guy came out of nowhere to almost upset the apple cart. He could have been MVP if he caught that last pass that was intended for him.

W-Wait, that was #13 Mathews they threw to!? Oh sure, at the 1-yd line let's have an undrafted free agent be our go-to receiver on one of the final plays of the Superbowl instead of running with Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynche. Now the play call makes even less sense!

31 seconds before the half and 3 timeouts, they score a TD, are you kidding me? That is why it is hard to put the Seahawks away, have to play 60 minutes.

The same 31 seconds and 2 timeouts for John Fox and the Broncos after a Jacoby Jones hail mary from Joe Flacco, John Fox asks Peyton to take a knee??? :scratch:  You never win the lottery if you don't play and having the confidence from a coach and QB is half the battle to go for it with 6 seconds to go and no timeouts.

Given that this Seattle team got out played for 55 minutes vs GB where they committed 5 turnovers, I can say it with a straight face, they were lucky to be here. New England got a lesser foe. GB was the real NFC powerhouse that should have been in the SB. 

Given that this Seattle team got out played for 55 minutes vs GB where they committed 5 turnovers, I can say it with a straight face, they were lucky to be here. New England got a lesser foe. GB was the real NFC powerhouse that should have been in the SB. 

I agree. Belichick's recent record in the playoffs against teams that have played him already is 10-8 while it is 10-0 against teams that have not played them in the regular season.

Losses since 2004 for the Patriots - 2005 Broncos, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2009 Ravens, 2010 Jets, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens, 2013 Broncos were all teams that played them in the regular season that the Pats lost to. That is why the Packers would have been more dangerous for the Patriots, I felt.

Poor argument. He went to more Super Bowls than Montana. Getting to the SB > getting knocked out in the playoffs, i.e. not making the SB (like Montana did).

What? Look at Montana's stats in the big game... 

83 122 68.0 1,142 11 0 127.8 W/L Record 4-0

Brady up until tonight because I haven't checked the stats. Brady will also be the first ever Super Bowl MVP winning qb to be suspended the next season too... We shall call him Tom ter-tainted.

127 197 1277 9 2

The stats are from different sites so they look different, and this forum doesn't show them right for whatever reason.

What? Look at Montana's stats in the big game... 

83 122 68.0 1,142 11 0 127.8 W/L Record 4-0

Brady up until tonight because I haven't checked the stats. Brady will also be the first ever Super Bowl MVP winning qb to be suspended the next season too... We shall call him Tom ter-tainted.

127 197 1277 9 2

The stats are from different sites so they look different, and this forum doesn't show them right for whatever reason.

Montana is a has been...yesterday's news. It's all about Brady now.

Montana is a has been...yesterday's news. It's all about Brady now.

Montana is a has been?!?    You really shouldn't try to use words you clearly don't understand.

Montana is.....   retired.      And if you don't know the difference between the two you should either look it up,  or ask someone smarter than you.   (which would be most everybody)

Congrats to Brady.    He was great when he had to be.

So if Seattle gives the ball to Lynch and they score and New England loses, is Brady still the GOAT based on what happened tonight?

If Dwight Clarke doesn't make the catch is Montana GOAT? I can play that game too. It's obviously another play, because Montana made the play, but the point is: it doesn't matter if it's one play.

Get a clue and stop hating on Brady so much. Listen folks, to lose a SB you have to get there. Montana played in less SBs. Brady has the same amount of Super Bowl wins and more conference championships. That's how people should look at it. Add the career stats. Brady is simply the best.

The whole world was expecting a wardrobe malfunction. :(

I think Katy Perry was sexy enough without being skanky. Beyonce to me was the exact opposite a few years ago......

Janet Jackson though LOL........that was funny I do admit.

Besides, I love that big Lion she came out on tonight. lmao lmao  

I think Katy Perry was sexy enough without being skanky. Beyonce to me was the exact opposite a few years ago......

Agreed :)  No skanky stuff in this year's halftime show was nice for a change.  I was afraid Miley Cyrus might come swinging in on a wrecking ball when Katy Perry was up in the air.  Thankfully that didn't happen.

They handed off to Lynch a play before that happened and he got stopped.

No guarantee that he punches that in.

NO... he dove short so they could kill time on the clock... that's what happened. He could have gone all the way in. they would've had 3 more chances to get a half a yard. With Lynch I dont think there is a doubt in anyone's mind he would have got it!!!

So if Seattle gives the ball to Lynch and they score and New England loses, is Brady still the GOAT based on what happened tonight?

Depends on who you ask.... Now tho, there is no debate. Brady has his 4th ring, period. Its hard to argue against him being the greatest ever now.

The halftime show was good, the Lightning the stage everything was superb, usually I avoid halftime shows.

NO... he dove short so they could kill time on the clock... that's what happened. He could have gone all the way in. they would've had 3 more chances to get a half a yard. With Lynch I dont think there is a doubt in anyone's mind he would have got it!!!

Yeah, I don't think that's what happened

We loved that lion! Katey Perry is a brave woman.

This made me laugh out loud

I totally agree Jules. I loved what Perry did. She was sexy and entertaining without any wardrobe malfunction. lol. My girls love her song "roar." I was so glad she sang it for them.