Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On The Bright Side

shakedownstreet

I actually agree with Bill Polian's statement about Pat Mc. Given his talent I think he should be kicking a lot better and pinning teams inside the 5 yard line on punts. If you have the hang time on a kick you need to also be about to have the distance. I think Bill was also trying to push him to do that. There was nothing wrong with his statements, just trying to push Pat Mc.

Explain then. With Manning we would have longer drives and chew up more time, leaving the defense off the field longer. I remember a stat from 2010 that the colts had the most drives of 80+ yards or 12-play drives(forgot witch one).

You both are right. It would be better than it is, Our 3rd conversion % would be higher, we would be scoring more. We would also have quicker scoring drives and longer scoring drives as well. We would have been closer to an even split.

Historically we have only had the TOP edge in 5 of Manning's seasons. Manning & the offense have been extremely efficient in scoring when they have possession and they have been able to overcome this deficiency.

2012 0:25:20
Avg PM 0:29:36
1 2010 0:29:41
2 2009 0:27:40
3 2008 0:28:39
4 2007 0:29:49
5 2006 0:29:32
6 2005 0:30:22
7 2004 0:28:40
8 2003 0:30:55
9 2002 0:30:52
10 2001 0:30:32
11 2000 0:29:34
12 1999 0:30:45
13 1998 0:27:47

....only three more weeks of this torturous season left! The masochistic Sunday ritual of emotional self-mutilation is coming to an end. Let us hope this is the last we will see of such terrible things.

Also, I heard that Irsay bought Jim Caldwell a new car. It's one of those hybrids that gets 60MPG. He figures it will allow Jim to drive real far without stopping. Real far.

With Manning we would have longer drives and chew up more time, leaving the defense off the field longer. I remember a stat from 2010 that the colts had the most drives of 80+ yards or 12-play drives(forgot witch one). What im trying to say is the TOP would be alot closer and therefore the defense wouldnt be on the field as much. Angerers tackles stats mean nothing but that hes a good tackler.

The Colts also use the most no huddle and they get stuff done quickly. Like shakedownstreet said, the Colts-Dolphins game in 09 is a prime example. The Colts had 15 minutes of TOP and still won the game.

The Colts also use the most no huddle and they get stuff done quickly. Like shakedownstreet said, the Colts-Dolphins game in 09 is a prime example. The Colts had 15 minutes of TOP and still won the game.

That was ONE game. They don't always score in a hurry. PM keeps the TOP in most games equal, not a 10 minute difference like this year.

That was ONE game. They don't always score in a hurry. PM keeps the TOP in most games equal, not a 10 minute difference like this year.

When Gary was out last year and when PM was the QB, Pat had 35 tackles in 3 games (as a rookie). Those games the TOP was pretty equal. Just saying, he puts up great numbers. He has nowhere to go but up.

Of course he has nowhere to go but up. But he's not going to be a a top MLB Imo. Tackle stats dont really mean anything. In 13 games he has like what? 1 pass defensed and 0 int. Just sayin'

Tackle stats could be a sign of things to come. Patrick Willis (I'm not seeing he's going to be like him), had a ton of tackles in his first 2 years and only 1 interception. He's only going to get better and he's had a good start to his career.

Of course he has nowhere to go but up. But he's not going to be a a top MLB Imo. Tackle stats dont really mean anything. In 13 games he has like what? 1 pass defensed and 0 int. Just sayin'

Funny I recall saying at the start of the year we were really going to miss Brackett's pass defense skills because Angerer didn't have them and a lot of people said oh no Angerer would be fine and that Brackett's pass coverage skills weren't that big of deal and it was overrated we needed a MLB who could tackle running backs. Now as the season plays out people are saying tackles stats don't mean anything we are need a MLB who can cover the pass.

Not trying to single you out I have no idea where you stood at the start of the year when Brackett went down, you might have agreed with me. Your post just made me think of that.

Funny I recall saying at the start of the year we were really going to miss Brackett's pass defense skills because Angerer didn't have them and a lot of people said oh no Angerer would be fine and that Brackett's pass coverage skills weren't that big of deal and it was overrated we needed a MLB who could tackle running backs. Now as the season plays out people are saying tackles stats don't mean anything we are need a MLB who can cover the pass.

Not trying to single you out I have no idea where you stood at the start of the year when Brackett went down, you might have agreed with me. Your post just made me think of that.

applause......

In no way whatsoever was it a good thing that Brackett went down. He may be on the small side, but he has cerebral and athletic skills that create turnover and add to our pass defense. As well, he is not a poor tackler as so many infer.

And Conner is a sure tackling rock hard run stuffer. Man i only with he gets better with pass coverage and become a 3 down lb

I agree with you on the coverage, and I think he will get better, but never become more than average. Having said that, 2 down LB's are still very valuable especially if we have a guy like Simms who can back him up.