Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On The Bright Side

shakedownstreet

Jeff Saturday has impressed me because he has been able to stay healthy, and I think that his veteran prescence in the locker room has been really important for his teammates during these tough times. I also agree that McAfee has performed above and beyond this year, and I too am very pleased with how Jacob Tamme has stepped in and played as a backup. This year and last year... Freeney and Mathis are both doing very well defensively. I said this in another post, but it is just a shame that we haven't won a game with all of the talent we have on this team. Garcon and Wayne have both had good years receiving as well, it just hasn't added up to enough scores. Sad...

I don't like how people say this. He isn't concussion prone. He just never healed from the first one last season.

FX, I wasn't trying to suggest he was.

Fact is, with the terrible QB play this year (can't hit the side of a barn most of the time) WRs haven't been close to harm's way.

FX, I wasn't trying to suggest he was.

Fact is, with the terrible QB play this year (can't hit the side of a barn most of the time) WRs haven't been close to harm's way.

I never thought of that, buc....

But there really havent been any of our receiver take a knockout hit..

..and certainly you may have hit on why...

Jeff Saturday has impressed me because he has been able to stay healthy, and I think that his veteran prescence in the locker room has been really important for his teammates during these tough times. I also agree that McAfee has performed above and beyond this year, and I too am very pleased with how Jacob Tamme has stepped in and played as a backup. This year and last year... Freeney and Mathis are both doing very well defensively. I said this in another post, but it is just a shame that we haven't won a game with all of the talent we have on this team. Garcon and Wayne have both had good years receiving as well, it just hasn't added up to enough scores. Sad...

Wayne had a good year receiving? wow how do you come up with that conclusion. did you look at his stats? i am not blaming him, but the qb has not been able to get the ball to him very much. I would not call this a good season for Reggie.

Well there are always positives, even in bad times.

Like you said:

Bethea has had an awesome year, and Tamme is a great backup, and as productive as Clark.

Now this is what else I've seen:

Pat McAfee is turning into one of the better punters in the league, and is a touchdown saver.

Pat Angerer is slowly turning into a tackling machine MLB, and reminds me of Laurinitis, which is good.

Pierre Garcon is having an awesome year even without PM.

Dwight Freeney is still playing well.

Jerraud Powers before he was injured, was a great corner and he has so much potential, the most on the team imo.

Kavell Conner has the most tackles for loss in the NFL, and he's going to be a very good linebacker in the future.

Donald Brown is having a nice year and seems to be turning the corner.

Joe Reitz is having a nice year... but his future is a little blurry.

That's it.

Stating the obvious here:

McAfee . . . how great is he? :cool:

Freeney. So happy for him on his 100th sack.

Lefleged. Two good kick-off returns.

McAfee - Needs to work on his kicking according to Polian. -_-

Freeney - Indeed. Imagine if he didn't have to carry an entire D nearly by himself. (We live or die with the pass rush) Mathis, Angerer, Bethea, and to a lesser extent Powers and Brackett pull their own weight at least. The rest make me want to vomit.

Lefleged: As long as he can catch the ball and kneel he's fine by me.

Well there are always positives, even in bad times.

Like you said:

Bethea has had an awesome year, and Tamme is a great backup, and as productive as Clark.

Now this is what else I've seen:

Pat McAfee is turning into one of the better punters in the league, and is a touchdown saver.

Pat Angerer is slowly turning into a tackling machine MLB, and reminds me of Laurinitis, which is good.

Pierre Garcon is having an awesome year even without PM.

Dwight Freeney is still playing well.

Jerraud Powers before he was injured, was a great corner and he has so much potential, the most on the team imo.

Kavell Conner has the most tackles for loss in the NFL, and he's going to be a very good linebacker in the future.

Donald Brown is having a nice year and seems to be turning the corner.

Joe Reitz is having a nice year... but his future is a little blurry.

That's it.

If only Conner was better in coverage. Then he would be a complete package.

Mike Murphy has been with us for many years and our linebackers have always been average.

But he's very good at developing them. They've always been average, because the Colts never seem to invest in them. In the last 6 years, how many linebackers have the Colts taken in the first 3 rounds? Three. One of them is 3rd in the NFL in tackles, so he's going to be big and Murphy has been a huge part of his development (according to him). Philip Wheeler has been solid this year and looks better and better as the years go on. Freddie Keaho was a good special teams, but a failed project. The Colts just don't invest in linebackers. If they did, then our core would be better than average.

But he's very good at developing them. They've always been average, because the Colts never seem to invest in them. In the last 6 years, how many linebackers have the Colts taken in the first 3 rounds? Three. One of them is 3rd in the NFL in tackles, so he's going to be big and Murphy has been a huge part of his development (according to him). Philip Wheeler has been solid this year and looks better and better as the years go on. Freddie Keaho was a good special teams, but a failed project. The Colts just don't invest in linebackers. If they did, then our core would be better than average.

That isn't a reason to call him 'big'. I do believe Angerer is going to be a great linebacker for us, but I dont think he'll ever be a top tier mlb. As for philip wheeler, he's showing alot of improvement but still isnt that good overall.

That isn't a reason to call him 'big'. I do believe Angerer is going to be a great linebacker for us, but I dont think he'll ever be a top tier mlb. As for philip wheeler, he's showing alot of improvement but still isnt that good overall.

I never said Wheeler was good, I'm saying he's getting better and Murphy has been part of that developement. This is Pat's 2nd year and he's 3rd in the NFL in tackles and top 10 for TFL, he's going to be very good.

I never said Wheeler was good, I'm saying he's getting better and Murphy has been part of that developement. This is Pat's 2nd year and he's 3rd in the NFL in tackles and top 10 for TFL, he's going to be very good.

Pat wouldnt be 3rd in the nfl in tackles and top 10 in TFL if our offense could convert third downs. This season is bringing in false assumptions of players just because they are making alot of tackles. Our average TOP is 25:20 to the opposing teams 34:40. If peyton was here we would easily win the TOP battle, therefore not so many tackles to be made. Angerer would just be an 'average' but good linebacker in most of our heads. But since our defense is always on the field, there are alot of tackles to go around.

Pat wouldnt be 3rd in the nfl in tackles and top 10 in TFL if our offense could convert third downs. This season is bringing in false assumptions of players just because they are making alot of tackles. Our average TOP is 25:20 to the opposing teams 34:40. If peyton was here we would easily win the TOP battle, therefore not so many tackles to be made. Angerer would just be an 'average' but good linebacker in most of our heads. But since our defense is always on the field, there are alot of tackles to go around.

Even with Manning the opposition would have the TOP lead. The facts back that up.

With Manning we would have longer drives and chew up more time, leaving the defense off the field longer. I remember a stat from 2010 that the colts had the most drives of 80+ yards or 12-play drives(forgot witch one). What im trying to say is the TOP would be alot closer and therefore the defense wouldnt be on the field as much. Angerers tackles stats mean nothing but that hes a good tackler.